20 replies to this topic

#1 Khan Warlock Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 392 posts
  • LocationThe Grey Wolves Den

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

I don't know if I am the only one that thinks this way. But the new direction for balance is a bloody poor joke.

We as the clans are already a much smaller percentage of the player bse than we need to be for CW to work properly. and with these new nerfs I can see a lot of players not even considering to go Clan.

So id like to make a suggestion to all the Clan unit leaders, Lets all go and play as the IS for a few weeks and leave CW to pug Clan players, see how ell CW works then,

PGI need to think and reflect on this last decision and the only way to make that happen is for us as clan players to be unified in showing how much we dislike this new plan.

Just think of it s a chance for you to dust off some of your Old IS mechs, and see how the other half live,

#2 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostKhan Warlock Kell, on 21 May 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

I don't know if I am the only one that thinks this way. But the new direction for balance is a bloody poor joke.

We as the clans are already a much smaller percentage of the player bse than we need to be for CW to work properly. and with these new nerfs I can see a lot of players not even considering to go Clan.

So id like to make a suggestion to all the Clan unit leaders, Lets all go and play as the IS for a few weeks and leave CW to pug Clan players, see how ell CW works then,

PGI need to think and reflect on this last decision and the only way to make that happen is for us as clan players to be unified in showing how much we dislike this new plan.

Just think of it s a chance for you to dust off some of your Old IS mechs, and see how the other half live,

With the recent faction loyalty changes however, I would actually expect a lot of mercs to join up soon for the free mechbays.

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

I wouldn't touch CW with a laserpointer anyways. All those bottlenecks on those maps makes for boring matches.

#4 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:13 AM

Dude this game is PORKED solo or CW with a team it is just no fun same same game modes mechs that die to fast blue laser vomit constantly no real META this game has been going in the wrong direction for over 2 years and nothing anyone can say will turn it around with the bad owner and staff decisions on balance and game play.

I can still load up MechWarrior4 MekTek version go on GameRanger and have a night of fun and challenge with players in a social atmosphere.MWO by comparison is boring as hhelll and the same repetitive crap day in and day out everyone that's left playing this game must have brain damage by now.

Thank god I only try to play this game a few times a month now soon it will b gone and hopefully some new smarter devs will come along and remake a new real MechWarrior BattleTech game.

#5 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

Something that would probably get their attention more is finding another game for you units to play then spamming their twitter accounts with screenshots of you all moving on to another game.

Their ears might perk up a little when they start seeing money flying out of the window, my impression of their opinion is that if you are still playing the game then they don't really care one way or the other what your (or anyone else's) opinion is.

#6 B O A

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

I say we stop all the NERFING and BUFFING of mechs and just use a simple Battle Value method (BV) that is used on tabletop battletech? http://www.sarna.net/wiki/BV

CW should be a simple fix. During the onset of the clan invasion the vast majority of IS mechs were older tech, aka single heat sinks, standard engine and zero advanced technology like XL engines, DHS, endo etc. The clan attacked using 50% of the force the IS had so cut the drop deck for clan to 120 tons and 2 mechs. The IS will have 240 tons with 4 mechs with older tech.

#7 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

There are changes coming to CW in the future, we knew this wasn't going to be a fully fleshed out game mode (the clue is in the beta tag).

The timberwolf and stormcrow nerfs don't actually appear to have made the mechs useless. Wave 3 is on the way and with it a lot more options.

The overall population for CW is low at the moment and I think it will remain so, unless there is a major event, until it is updated with 4v4 etc.

Take a break, play public queue or another game and come back later.

#8 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

I don't even touch CW unless theirs an event.

#9 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostB O A, on 21 May 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

I say we stop all the NERFING and BUFFING of mechs and just use a simple Battle Value method (BV) that is used on tabletop battletech? http://www.sarna.net/wiki/BV

CW should be a simple fix. During the onset of the clan invasion the vast majority of IS mechs were older tech, aka single heat sinks, standard engine and zero advanced technology like XL engines, DHS, endo etc. The clan attacked using 50% of the force the IS had so cut the drop deck for clan to 120 tons and 2 mechs. The IS will have 240 tons with 4 mechs with older tech.

Because BT is an attrition based strategy game and MWO is a FPS.

Look at LRMs. At low Elo they are deadly, forcing whole teams to cower behind inadequate cover and die miserably. At higher Elo there are still LRMs, but the mechs that use them look differently. No 100 ton LRM boats here- most are highly mobile mechs that are constantly repositioning themselves as they get hunted down. At the very top of competitive play? Gone. No where to be found.

So what is the BV of a weapon that gets worse as you get better?

#10 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

With recent event CW seems to be more clan and the nerfing that they did give even though seem like a lot didn't slow me down at all when it came to this event.

#11 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:20 AM

I agree here, I am hearing from some new players or soon-to-be new players that Mechwarrior Online is already lossing interest fast or to show concern to play MW: O due to the nerfs of the clans. If these nerfs are going so bad to the point it not only pushes the player base away from the clan faction but new players away from the game in general then I think that is CLEARLY an obvious sign of there being problems.

#12 ContingencyPlan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

The reason PGI thinks this way is because in IS vs. Clan match-ups, Clan sweeps IS in most cases. However they're not paying attention to one key detail here:

Because of the ridiculous c-bill cost associated with buying clan mechs and then having to master them, the only really viable way to build up a large enough selection of clan mechs to play CW for clan side on an organized team is to plunk down a large amount of money on one of the Clan Invasion packages. Basically, clan mech mastery sits behind a huge pay wall.

What this means is that only the elite of the player base who take the game very very seriously are in a position to play for clan side and take it to that level. It is a much lower amount of players, but a significantly larger portion of them are top tier players who took the game seriously enough to invest hundreds of dollars into this game.

If PGI were to ditch the stupid concept of having to buy 3 of a chassis to be able to master them for clan mechs (which for clan mechs is COMPLETELY pointless), I think they'd see the numbers even out more and with a greater balance of skill levels on both sides I think they'd see the mechs themselves are also more balanced than current numbers make them appear.

#13 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

Get rid of quirks, give us the stock varient's only and play it 8 on 12 with the IS tech and the Clan tech having the values they are supposed to have. No more boating, No more whining and mech's running around with alpha's for weapons they should not even mount and be done with theses guys trying to balance this game because they frankly SUCK at doing it, as the latest round of quirk's demonstrate the usual bias of hitting the best mech's for the clans way to hard and not even addressing any but one or two of the IS mech's, which have a much greater ability to boat weapons thanks to overboard quirks, and we all just play stock load outs and have each factions real tech.

Edited by Leggin Ho, 25 May 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 25 May 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Get rid of quirks, give us the stock varient's only and play it 8 on 12 with the IS tech and the Clan tech having the values they are supposed to have. No more boating, No more whining and mech's running around with alpha's for weapons they should not even mount and be done with theses guys trying to balance this game because they frankly SUCK at doing it, as the latest round of quirk's demonstrate the usual bias of hitting the best mech's for the clans way to hard and not even addressing any but one or two of the IS mech's, which have a much greater ability to boat weapons thanks to overboard quirks, and we all just play stock load outs and have each factions real tech.

If that happened, the game would die in a week, as customizing mechs is one of the big draws to Mechwarrior as a game.

#15 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

Sorry, I have no intention of honoring this request. I don't like the constant changes that PGI mechs concerning balance but it's their decision to make. I just adapt as needed. Keeps the game a little fresh in some ways. FYI, clans mechs are still OP on the average if you know how to play them. Sitting back and poking at range with the IS plays to their favor. If you get in close and use your high alpha stiles to your advantage, you can steam roll the IS more often than not. Granted there are some really good players on the IS that can beat this but for the most part, it's the best way to beat them.

#16 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostRepasy, on 21 May 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

With the recent faction loyalty changes however, I would actually expect a lot of mercs to join up soon for the free mechbays.

Already got two this weekend.

#17 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

I'm not sure what everyone's problem is. The Timber has been send back into line somewhat, as well as the SCR. Both remain a threat. Clan is far from being underpowered. We're approaching an even battlefield without giving up diversity. All is going well.

#18 Fractals

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

Every single game I have ever played has "This" post somewhere in the forums....

"It's dying" "same old same old" "Nerf/buff required/removal"

Just go play something else for a few months. If I had taken this stance on every game I played I wouldn't have anything but console...

EDIT: And what the hell clan mechs?!?! This game can not follow the canon completely. It's just not workable! Ok, lets go ahead and make it like canon and watch nearly all non-paying players leave and the clans very slowly take over CW since no one will be there to defend because no one gives a crap.

You really think a numbers advantage is going to make it playable when the clan has what it has and IS has to drop back to single HS and lesser tech? This isn't turn-based tabletop where eveyone has all this time to figure out tactics. This is real-time and that means the clan mechs WILL trounce an IS under almost any circumstance, if we were forced to lesser tech and more drop numbers. Sure we have more people, but, we're back to 2 shots and you're overheated, while the clan alphas you twice and you vaporize...

We know what it was like before the IS got quirks... Imagine that, but worse. Yes, you clan owners were just fine with it, sure. You're KDRs and W/L were going up! While I watch founder IS pilots quit disillusioned that their skills had gone out the window... When in reality it was the severely imbalanced clan invasion BS. The IS quirks should have come before the clan invasion. I believe that would have smoothed many balance issues. Some would still exist, sure. But the reception would have had to have been better.

If both sides don't stay balanced, you are gonna end up with a large group of pissed individuals who aren't going to put up with it forever. Players can only love the BattleTech lore and such so far before it just becomes too much trouble or stress to not play a different BT title.

Edited by Fractals, 25 May 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#19 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 21 May 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

There are changes coming to CW in the future, we knew this wasn't going to be a fully fleshed out game mode (the clue is in the beta tag).

The timberwolf and stormcrow nerfs don't actually appear to have made the mechs useless. Wave 3 is on the way and with it a lot more options.

The overall population for CW is low at the moment and I think it will remain so, unless there is a major event, until it is updated with 4v4 etc.

Take a break, play public queue or another game and come back later.
Useless to low level players , not to competitive players. The nerfs didn't do anything to meta it just hurt the non-meta.

Clans were pushed out too early by IGP.

Edited by KursedVixen, 25 May 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#20 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

There is a growing consensus that the current form of Community Warfare is not viable.
There are not enough Clan players to match the IS and Mercenaries that mostly play or are IS based.
Mercenary units are given too much freedom to move from house to clan and back again, it doesn't make much sense for the game and for the history of mercs most of whom were loyal to one House.

Luckily for us, this game is still open Beta, and the mechanic of the game can easily change.
Let's not be too quick and harsh in our condemnation; instead, keep offering up suggestions to make the game better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users