Clan Invasion Weekend Event!

346 replies to this topic

#21 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

Combined Darth, match score is on the final screen. 80 is a low hurdle unless you get roflstomped.

#22 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 21 May 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

If you use 4 (I) mechs, it is 13 games, or 6.5 hours. You can earn up to 4 points per game. This is actually pretty dang good.

This type of thing is long overdue for these challenges, a way to earn multiple points per game!

Edited by YUyahoo, 21 May 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#23 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

Cool, so the money I put in on clan 'Mechs basically doesn't count because I'm IS at the moment. I love you too, PGI.

#24 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

I would appreciate if events that require a faction change to participate would be announced in such a time that it would still be possible to change factions before the event starts. Thank you.

#25 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 21 May 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

That's IF you get an 80 match score in each of the 4 mechs or a combined 80 match score? Also, im banking on Ghost drops being a thing, cant get a 80 match score against turrets.

Getting 80 points is easy enough as it is.

#26 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

Some additional clarifications:

The Event goes until Tuesday, so breaking your IS contract today at 5PM PDT (for example) and starting a Clan contract on Sunday at 5PM PDT would still allow you time to gather some Invasion Challenge points.

Any Personal Challenge Points you earn while under an IS Contract will carry over if you start a Clan Contract during the Event.
So you could initiate a Contract Break of your IS Contract today, play the Event as normal when it begins tomorrow, then start a new Clan Contract on Sunday. If you had already earned 12 Personal Challenge points, you would immediately qualify for the Planetary Takeover Challenge upon the forging of a new Clan Contract.

Switching to a Clan Contract midway during the Event will still qualify you for whichever Loyalty Medallion reward your new Clan might achieve by the end of the Event.
Basically, on top of the info listed in the original post, there are two basic requirements for the Takeover Challenge:
  • You must be under a Clan Contract at the end of the Event
  • You must have achieved 12 points in the Personal Challenge.

#27 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

Too bad I won't be around to participate this weekend. Got RL stuff going on instead.

Besides, I'm just not feelin' the Clans. They're just not very exciting any more.

On top of all that, there's just too little notice before to break contract. If I did it right now, then I could only pick up a new one on Sunday. The really only gives me two days (even if I wasn't going out of town) in which to win prizes. That's just not enough time for CW with the population as low as it is. It's not economical to break my contract for this; I really doubt any one in my Unit will do it either. Maybe if we had more advance notice or if there wasn't a 72 hour turn-around...

Edited by Nightmare1, 21 May 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#28 Mardek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

Lol wanna see alla the ppl try this event with nerfed tbr and scr or the others clan mechs that arent that great either.... PGI lvl of trolling is over 9000!

#29 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

they should do as they did in Tukayid and offer no cooldown contract breaking with no cbill penalty most of the players are currently IS, and quite a few have clan mechs... As things stand I can break contract, and join a clan sunday, throwing away the next 3 days for cw, or play as IS and sit out the challenge, even though I have all the Invasion mechs...

#30 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

**** THIS EVENT

#31 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

Nope, Screw you.

How about you not kick the clans in the nuts and make CW actually worth doing in and of its self instead of some bull crap contest?

Or better yet, FIX THE GOD DAMN CLAN ACs ALREADY!

#32 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

Sucks to be a Clanner... No Hula Girl... :D

#33 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

I have not played CW too much, can somebody suggest me a clan faction to join for the event? Wich one have the lower waiting queue?

#34 RasputiN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationVenice

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

in my experience wolf anf falcons.....euro time

#35 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostGannycus, on 21 May 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

I have not played CW too much, can somebody suggest me a clan faction to join for the event? Wich one have the lower waiting queue?

None, No one is playing. Clan mechs have no variety, they are not fun to play, the only meta to use is Lasers, and just now that got kicked in the nuts.

Go boot up MWLL or something else for the weekend.

#36 Wooosch

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

Nice, a weekend of being the clay pidgeon for -MS- or other ̶r̶̶o̶̶f̶̶t̶̶s̶̶t̶̶o̶̶m̶̶p̶ competitive units...so glad i have better to do.

Really, after you have seen the excitement of people in participating in CW on clan side...why do you do such an event like this?
Do you REALLY expect units to break their contracts for...this? Do you REALLY think we start playing again, after such a - no offense, this is MY opinion - poor performance on CW/overall development?
Unfortunatly, my friendlist and CW has a thing in common - both are ghost towns.
Sometimes i think, in an associate game PGIs answer to the question "What will fit" to "cucumber, tomato, onion" would be "belt sander"

Edited by Wooosch, 21 May 2015 - 04:19 PM.

#37 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 May 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

Some additional clarifications:

The Event goes until Tuesday, so breaking your IS contract today at 5PM PDT (for example) and starting a Clan contract on Sunday at 5PM PDT would still allow you time to gather some Invasion Challenge points.

Any Personal Challenge Points you earn while under an IS Contract will carry over if you start a Clan Contract during the Event.
So you could initiate a Contract Break of your IS Contract today, play the Event as normal when it begins tomorrow, then start a new Clan Contract on Sunday. If you had already earned 12 Personal Challenge points, you would immediately qualify for the Planetary Takeover Challenge upon the forging of a new Clan Contract.

Switching to a Clan Contract midway during the Event will still qualify you for whichever Loyalty Medallion reward your new Clan might achieve by the end of the Event.
Basically, on top of the info listed in the original post, there are two basic requirements for the Takeover Challenge:
  • You must be under a Clan Contract at the end of the Event
  • You must have achieved 12 points in the Personal Challenge.

How would you acquire points in IS mechs??

Even if you break contract you gotta wait till Sunday to get any matches in that count right? Or am i missing something? How would an IS pilots earn point only applicable in Invasion (I) Clan mechs?

NVm...personal challenge.....right

Edited by DarthRevis, 21 May 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#38 RasputiN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationVenice

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

please eliminate temporarily the three days thing... :rolleyes:

Edited by RasputiN, 21 May 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#39 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

Update on Contract Break Cooldown period:

At 2:45 PM PDT tomorrow we are going to automatically zero-out any Contracts that are in a cooldown period from being broken early.

So if you break your current Contract at any time before 2:45 PM PDT tomorrow, your Cooldown period will automatically be removed to allow for a new Contract to be started with the Clan of your choice.

This cooldown reset will require that the game services go offline for a very brief period of time (approximately 5 minutes).
Services will be restored after that time, and the Event will start as normal at 3:00 PM PDT.

#40 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

the prizes look better than the last 2 events can get up to 600MC where you got 0 on the last 2. oh but I have to drop my IS and wait for breach of contract. you guys could at least wave this cool down.
you guys were doing so well. what happened? I under stand you need to get the clans back on the board the only reason CSJ is now owned by DCMS is because of -MS-. when resetting the map you should have used 3052 map. top it all off how long will I have to wait for a drop?

I will not betray the DCMS just for an event. nor will I be joining this CW only event

Edited by The Boneshaman, 21 May 2015 - 04:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users