Clan Invasion Weekend Event!

346 replies to this topic

#41 Aidan Pendragon

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

I really enjoyed the last few events: good rewards and not-too-demanding requirements to get things (30 points min.). Forcing me as a PUG to play CW, on the other hand, is no fun at all. Long wait times! Frightful imbalance vs. organized teams! Too bad, because the Invasion 'mech is the only one I bought. PGI, please give us more events like the Founders' and Phoenix; those got me playing and buying MC again.

#42 Wooosch

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 21 May 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

None, No one is playing. Clan mechs have no variety, they are not fun to play, the only meta to use is Lasers, and just now that got kicked in the nuts.

Go boot up MWLL or something else for the weekend.

On the boulevard of broken promises and wrong decisions, every second sign points to 88 W Pender St #2065, Vancouver.....

#43 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

Looking forward to the ability to break contract and shift to clans for this weekend. But admin should post the revised opportunity to break contract as well as the date and time deadline to do so on the main tournament page. Otherwise, not many people may read the rest of the forum and realise that such an arrangement was in place. IF they don't know about it, they cannot make use of it. If I hadn't been bothered to read this thread, I certainly would have just given up and not bother about the challenge being on an IS contract currently. Thanks.

#44 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

nevermind didnt see Alex/PGI latest update

Edited by YUyahoo, 21 May 2015 - 04:37 PM.

#45 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

Why did THIS (The event I have been waiting for.) have to be a CW event? :( Pass. -_-

#46 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 May 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

The Event goes until Tuesday, so breaking your IS contract today at 5PM PDT (for example) and starting a Clan contract on Sunday at 5PM PDT would still allow you time to gather some Invasion Challenge points.

Any Personal Challenge Points you earn while under an IS Contract will carry over if you start a Clan Contract during the Event.
So you could initiate a Contract Break of your IS Contract today, play the Event as normal when it begins tomorrow, then start a new Clan Contract on Sunday. If you had already earned 12 Personal Challenge points, you would immediately qualify for the Planetary Takeover Challenge upon the forging of a new Clan Contract.

I don't think this is possible! When you break a contract you become unaffiliated with any house or clan immediately, and players with no IS/Clan affiliation cannot participate at all in CW. Since the matches must occur in CW to get points, you are locked out of CW completely until your cooldown period has expired! Thus I don't see how you can participate in the event in any way shape or form until you have a clan contract. Please let us know if something has changed, and very specifically, how a player could participate in the event as IS and earn points, and then switch to the clan side.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you guys figured that out and fixed it already! Good job!

Edited by Skarlock, 21 May 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#47 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

Not thrilled.

#48 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

A front-page post is up regarding the Contract reset that we will be initiating tomorrow at 2:45 PM PDT.

The original event post has been updated to reflect this information as well.

#49 Ken Moore

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

So for the last 2 events the Inner Sphere guys got a stupid Hula Girl for making it to 20 points in the personal challenge. The clan only have to go to 12 points and they are given MC!!! MC = Real money! Can we trade in the Hula girl for MC??

#50 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

I'm kinda amused that there's no Clan Mech bribe (let alone some bonus for the IS, since this is seemingly Clan-only) in any of this.

I mean... apparently CW has come down to bribes to play it, and the reward... not even worth the time.

#51 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 May 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'm kinda amused that there's no Clan Mech bribe (let alone some bonus for the IS, since this is seemingly Clan-only) in any of this.

I mean... apparently CW has come down to bribes to play it, and the reward... not even worth the time.

That is really all I am getting from this event. "Please start playing CW again."

#52 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 May 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

You are right they should offer the Summoner-M as a reward :D

#53 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 May 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

You are right they should offer the Summoner-M as a reward :D

Hey Nicolai Malthus! I won your mech back! :lol:

#54 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Anyone else think that this might be a reverse Tukayid event where clanners won't be able to find matches against IS players?

#55 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 May 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

A front-page post is up regarding the Contract Cooldown reset that we will be initiating tomorrow at 2:45 PM PDT.

The original event post has been updated to reflect this information as well.

Can you confirm or deny that contracts that were already set to expire in < 72 hours at 2:45 tomorrow (i.e. a 7 day contract started early this week) will be reset too? Russ tweeted that he thought they would. Or does it specifically have to be broken contracts?

NM. Saw it specifically addressed in the post.

Edited by Domenoth, 21 May 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#56 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

Any Contracts that have less than 3 days remaining in their duration (as of tomorrow at 2:45 PM PDT) will be reset.

#57 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

PGI is a bit insane nerfing mechs then making a tournament, but what ticks me is that the personal challenge isn't really that great, (but its a bit better than last weeks) and that your paying 30-500$ just to participate in this tournament.( the invasion) Seriously, game parts for 500$? I really love this game, but the events are no fun when your just trying to save money and then they put on a tournament for special mechs only. (although champion mech tournament wouldn't be bad. So, I have 2 ideas for next week's tournament. 1. make a champion mech only tournament and maybe have a hero mech for a prize. (would also be good for the noobs that don't have a mech yet, if you can use trial mechs) 2. Make one of those tournament s to see which is the best pilot for MC, I don't care what kind/s as long as there are mechs that are possible for everyone to play and have fun. I will make sure the clan does not capture any planets. See you on the battlefield!

#58 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 21 May 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Can you confirm or deny that contracts that were already set to expire in < 72 hours at 2:45 tomorrow (i.e. a 7 day contract started early this week) will be reset too? Russ tweeted that he thought they would. Or does it specifically have to be broken contracts?

NM. Saw it specifically addressed in the post.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 May 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Any Contracts that have less than 3 days remaining in their duration (as of tomorrow at 2:45 PM PDT) will be reset.

Please save my sanity and confirm it wasn't there the first time I read it :P (you sneaky ninja, you).

#59 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 21 May 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Please save my sanity and confirm it wasn't there the first time I read it :P (you sneaky ninja, you).

You're sane! I just didn't update the posts with all the necessary information (until now).

#60 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

This sound like a dumb question, but a point of clarification...

Why don't the clans already have a medallion like the IS with their bronze versions (from the Phoenix Pack)?

I thought that medallions achieved @ rank 15 across the board were for a loyalty point gaining medallion... or am I wrong there? If it's just decorative... well that's sad.

Edited by Deathlike, 21 May 2015 - 05:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users