89 replies to this topic

#81 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

I like how the guys saying that they're still doing ok with the Timber Wolf or Stormcrow - and that they're seeing other people do the same - are summarily dismissed by the Chicken Little crowd. The fact that all the guys screaming about the sky falling have are their own experiences doesn't occur to them.

#82 BaDkaRmA158Th

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

I dont get it, they reduce the income for IS then nerf the two most used mechs for clanners.
And then wonder why no one wants to play?

At least if i get steam rolled by a entire squad of Swol, the income was semi worth the 15-45 minutes of waiting. but 75k? That's roughly one pub drop.

Oh yea and keep adding those frakking ECM mechs, thats working out REALLY well not seeing a entire team untill they are pushing past your lines, real smart.

Morons.

#83 DarkBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 233 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOneida, Kentucky, USA , Earth

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

Shame this has turned into a rush and spawn camp by most clans. Idiotic drop ships should drop some place else when LZ is over run. No fun in that crap and watching too many just quit the game for good...

#84 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

I'm noticing a slightly longer beam duration from my Timber Wolf...not much else. It's alright, I suppose. An inconvenience, but meh...

Versus Clans and IS, it's been good fights all around.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 May 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#85 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

Do not care do not want to. I Do not like Cw and now I have another reason not to play it.

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 May 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#86 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:38 PM

View PostJohn McHobo, on 23 May 2015 - 05:38 AM, said:

I find the mentality expressed by some folks in this thread to be terrible.
PGI does something about the game balance and immediately starts an event to gather data on the effect... and it gets rejected because its unpleasant to you. There is your chance to try out "what happens if" and by now we already have the answer:
You give up.

What are you afraid of? A few losses because the nerf was wrong or that you win anyway because it was not hard enough or maybe even a draw, making the nerf a smart move.
You could find out something very significant and all you do is ***** about it.
Get a grip on yourself.

Edit: added the 2 finishing sentences; spelling

Comments like this made me burst into laughter a little bit. Ok...data you say...lets see. First of all players with tens of thousands of games can already tell if something works or not through experience. This is not rocket science. Now if you or the people deciding on these changes are still uncertain to their effect, that means that either they/you dont have enough practical experience, and they haven't been live testing what they have created.

However, lets say for the sake of argument, that the developer or programmer relies on empirical data to facilitate changes like these as you say; organise an event to attract players to test the changes for them so that they gather the numbers and validate or invalidate their changes. Players that have been playing this games for years have gathered the necessary resources either through play time and/or physical currency supporting the development of the game (being BT fans), and have acquired most (if not all) clan mechs and (I) variants. Newer and more casual players usually have IS mechs and/or a token number of clan mechs to play with. Furthermore, the more experienced players of the game, have become familiar with each other, and have formed teams to play with on a constant basis, or in the least for the duration of said event. So, in one hand you have a team of very experienced players dropping for the event in properly outfitted clan mechs, and on the other hand you have a random selection of players in IS mechs, many of them with less experience and poorly equipped machines. Result? One roflStomp after another (which has been my experience throughout this event of "gathering data" as you say). So, what do the "data" that they collected tell them?

CLANS OP! PLZ NERF MOAR! :D

<S>

#87 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:21 PM

The problem is Clan mechs due to more heat and longer beam duration may do more damage ,but require more skill to pilot effetively. Clans have no really fast lights besides the mist lynx which is kinda a horrible attempt at a light by the clans to be honest then again it's a recon platform it's not built like a firestarter or commado. So let's say your a new pilot to a clan mech you grab yourself a fancy Stormcrow or timberwolf Prime. You bought them late at night because you were grinding all night to get the c-bills for the mech. tomrrow morning a patch comes through and now you see the laser duration is increased (quiet a bit) So now the learning curve for those two clan mechs suddenly jumped up overnight because now instead of 1.5 seconds your large lasers last almost 2 seconds.Your new to clan mechs and did your research about the weapons before you went out and bought the mech ,and now you realize that your laser does less DPS than before. How would you feel?

Lasers are the best weapons clan have aside from guass and PPC.

Guass rifle has a charge up time limiting it's use to new players

ERPPC has been nerfed all around to be a slower projectile needing more lead time, also suffers hit registry problems from more than one.

UAC's and AC's burst fire due to hit registration problems only count the first last and MAYBe the 3rd round effectivly making your gun usless.

LBX are shotguns hardly effective at longer ranges.

LRm's require locks which in a normal public game are very rare because nobody holds locks most of the time

Srms require close range fighting something you may not be use to.

And now lasers have been nerfed on the clans best chassis the only weapon that was fully effective has been nerfed to make it less effective.

the nerfs aren't hurting meta enough their hurting low level and newer clan players.

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 May 2015 - 11:27 PM.

#88 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 24 May 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I also did +1k dmg in normal match with spider, was last one alive and killed last 7 enemy mechs solo. Spider is OP now.

Oh no. Wait. No it's not. That was just isolated instance.

Come back when you do that with some level of consistency. :^)

I do about 600-800 damage per timby in CW, regularly. It's slightly better than my HBRs, and definitely better than my Adders. It feels like it's in a pretty good place now, but some builds are still the Mighty PuttyTM of MWO

Edited by Dino Might, 25 May 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#89 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:32 PM

Let them nerf us.

They nerfed us during Beta 1, and we still gained ground.

They nerfed us before Tukayyid, and we still won.

Each and every time they nerf us, we still adapt, overcome, and win.

IS loyalist attitudes on the part of the powers that be may prevail, but we will win through each and every time.

Short of that, don't buy anymore mech packs; you want to get PGI's attention? Hit them in the pocketbook-don't buy the product if you don't like what they're selling.

#90 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostBaDkaRmA158Th, on 24 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

I dont get it, they reduce the income for IS then nerf the two most used mechs for clanners.
And then wonder why no one wants to play?

At least if i get steam rolled by a entire squad of Swol, the income was semi worth the 15-45 minutes of waiting. but 75k? That's roughly one pub drop.

Oh yea and keep adding those frakking ECM mechs, thats working out REALLY well not seeing a entire team untill they are pushing past your lines, real smart.

Morons.

This is really annoying indeed... Specially in pubs with no communication.

Sorry to say, but CW sucks balls...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users