9 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:03 AM

I'm thinking dual AC20s and 6ML on the Mauler 2P.

I'm hoping that, like the BLR, when you don't equip the missiles, you don't have the giant "missile ears."

Thoughts?

#2 SirEpicPwner

• PipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 60 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

That build would be pretty brutal, a little hot though. I theorycrafted it on a KGC-000 and left 7.5 tons free, which is how much tonnage for weaponry and engine the KGC has over the Mauler. Also left two slots free, since the Crab has no lower arm actuators. Would be going 60.4 after speed tweak. Machine gun ammo represents the extra Medium Lasers.

Edited by SirEpicPwner, 22 May 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

I was thinking the same, except dual Gauss instead.

#4 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

The only problem with dual gauss in the mauler is that the ballistics are waist height, which tends to mean you need to be much closer to the enemy to make full use of them. 4xAC5 (or 4xUAC5) + 6xML is another possible however and would combine burst damage with sustained damage...

Edited by Shadey99, 26 May 2015 - 02:55 AM.

#5 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostShadey99, on 26 May 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

The only problem with dual gauss in the mauler is that the ballistics are waist height, which tends to mean you need to be much closer to the enemy to make full use of them. 4xAC5 (or 4xUAC5) + 6xML is another possible however and would combine burst damage with sustained damage...

A 4xAC5 build would have enough hardpoints for only 4xML, not 6.

I would mainly want to use a Mauler for crazy builds that the King Crab isn't capable of, such as 4xLBX-10.

#6 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

True... I was miss remembering the builds and forgot the 6 energy hardpoint variant has only 2 ballistics slows... As for doing something different than the KC... Well they are both ballistics heavy assaults with energy and missile mounts... Being incredibly similar is going to happen, though the Mauler is lighter than the KC.

#7 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

I simply anticipate the hilarity of watching people make and run LB-40X Maulers just because they can. They'll be slow as tar, but hilarious.

I'm not preplanning my Maulers, but I expect to mount more 5-rating and 10-rating autocannon than 2s and 20s, out of my warped sense of practicality.

#8 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:46 AM

Mauler "hero mimic" from MW4: mercs.

6x AC 2, DHS, Large standard engine (or XL), max armour, etc.

Or , stock+ the mauler but remove the large lasers for 4 Medium lasers to mimic the MW4M stock mauler.

#9 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:32 AM

Various builds that will work:

5xAC5 STD300 8T ammo (stripped arms, light on ammo for that many ACs. But 5xAC5...)
4xUAC5 STD300 12T ammo (stripped arms)
2xGauss + 6xML + 6T ammo (gauss rifles are a DAMN sight higher than the ones on the Crabby...)

If its XL viable (iffy, depends on those ST missile boxes vanishing or not) some crazy things are possible, it has 50 tons of space with an XL325, so Dire Wolf level loadouts, with IS PPFLD ballistics and 65kph. Such dakka. Very boom. WOW.

Mauler wont be that similar to the Crab:

Torso mounted ballistics will have much better convergence and cover clearing, also allow for armourless arms to save tonnage as an option.

Side profile does not allow for shooting the STs anywhere near as easily, making it possibly XL viable, and probably a lot tankier.

It doesn't have less tonnage than the crab, because it needs a lot less engine to reach minimum acceptable speed (60kph)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 29 May 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#10 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 27 May 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

I'm not preplanning my Maulers, but I expect to mount more 5-rating and 10-rating autocannon than 2s and 20s, out of my warped sense of practicality.

nothing warped about it. Class 5 ACs are the best kind of ACs (best heat of them all, good range, good rate of fire), you just need to use at least 2, preferably 3. Or 5, which im so trying on the Mauler. It wont be very practical, but it will be very boomy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users