• clan autocannon shells being discharged
  • jumpjet sounds
  • UAV deployment
  • critical damage alert
  • LRM reload effects
  • footfalls
  • Bitchin Betty "incoming missile" alert
  • dropship sound effects
I'm playing 32b client on a 64b system, DX9, low settings, VOIP enabled, no other sound-intensive programmes (TS, etc) running concurrently. The missing sound effects are intermittent and inconsistent. Observed on various maps, in multiple mechs. This is not something I noticed before the 1.3.395 patch.

Edited by Tarogato, 01 June 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

Noticed more missing sounds and added them to the list.

#3 eRiceIT

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Have you tried running the repair tool?

#4 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

From time-to-time I have noticed sounds that did not play, or even sometimes played like I was on HPG (which I was not), but I have noticed this happening for quite a while.
Maybe it is just my system being easily worn out, maybe it is something else entirely. But as far as I can tell it is not really a new thing. :P

#5 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:23 AM

Added more intermittently missing sounds to the list. I'll try running the repair tool.

#6 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

Ran the repair tool and the issue still persists. Just about every single sound in the game is liable to not play at all... whenever it feels like it. Sucks getting blown up from the rear because you didn't hear the collision sounds of the weapons pummeling you to pieces.

Fixing mismatched files.
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Engine\Shaders.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\CausticValley_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\heromechs.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Industrial_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Lava_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Localized\French.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Music.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\pcgamer.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\resistance.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\specialmechs.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\victory.pak
-Fixed!
Cleaning unneeded files.
-Cleaned!
Cleaning FE textures.
-Cleaned!
Cleaning shaders.
-Cleaned!
Done!

#7 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

This is not new. MWO's sound system is mediocre at best. The number of sounds it will play simultaneously is too low to properly handle a heated battle with multiple weapon and hit effects going off. It also has no dynamic range compression while using a high volume on many weapons, which leads to terrible clipping artifacts on same-weapon alphastrikes. Then there is the HPG sound muting tech that inconsistently mutes direct impacts on your mech while letting you hear your own weapons fire. Add to that the always late to the party Bitchin' Betty (speaks too slow in too long sentences), and you get the picture. About the only solid piece of sound work are the mech engine/movement sounds in the cockpit.

#8 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostModo44, on 31 May 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

This is not new.MWO's sound system is mediocre at best. The number of sounds it will play simultaneously is too low to properly handle a heated battle with multiple weapon and hit effects going off. It also has no dynamic range compression while using a high volume on many weapons, which leads to terrible clipping artifacts on same-weapon alphastrikes. Then there is the HPG sound muting tech that inconsistently mutes direct impacts on your mech while letting you hear your own weapons fire. Add to that the always late to the party Bitchin' Betty (speaks too slow in too long sentences), and you get the picture. About the only solid piece of sound work are the mech engine/movement sounds in the cockpit.

While I agree with everything else you say, ... no, this one is indeed new. It's a bug I've never encountered before this patch. =P

#9 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:29 AM

Prob been around ever since HPG-map was released.

#10 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostVXJaeger, on 01 June 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

Prob been around ever since HPG-map was released.

Have not experienced this issue prior to the May 19th patch. 100% certain. Issue is present on all maps and all gamemodes, in all mechs, all sounds.

Edited by Tarogato, 01 June 2015 - 07:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users