Add The Rest Of The Weapons & Armors

12 replies to this topic

#1 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:25 PM

So far, there are almost 60 weapons in the game, but where are the rest? Where are the variant weapons? Where are the variant munitions? Where are the armors that would radically change gameplay?

Imagine laughing off laser meta builds with Laser Reflective Armor, that dissipates 50% of laser weapon damage. Think of outfitting your sniper build, or setting up an ambush with Memetic Armor, that works like active camouflage.

Variety is the spice of life, and there is a massive variety of weapons in the battletech universe, let me post wall of text list of the ones not in game that are listed on the battletech wiki.

ER Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Laser Anti-Missile System, Heavy PPC, Light PPC, Snub-Nose PPC, X-Pulse Laser (Small, Medium, and Large), Binary Laser (Blazer) Cannon, Bombast Laser, Long Tom Cannon, Sniper Cannon, Thumper Cannon, Heavy Gauss Rifle, Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle, Light Gauss Rifle, Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle (I had to look this one up, it’s a shotgun gauss rifle that functions like an LB-X), LB 2-X AC, LB 5-X AC , LB 20-X AC, Light AC/2, Light AC/5, Rotary AC/2, Rotary AC/5, Ultra AC/2, Ultra AC/10, Ultra AC/20, Light Rifle, Medium Rifle, Heavy Rifle, NLRM-5, 10, 15, and 20’s (LRM’s that arm 50% earlier), ELRM-5, 10, 15, and 20 (+50% max range), MML-3, 5, 7, and 9(can fire LRM or SRM), MRM-10, 20, 30, and 40 (dumb fire high speed missiles with a medium range) , Rocket Launcher 10, 15, & 20 (a small weapon, with no reload, fire 10, 15, or 20 and you are out), the other streek SRM’s, Thunderbolt missliles (just one huge missile instead of many LRM’s), Mech Mortars (unguided but can’t be shot down by AMS), Long Tom, Sniper, and Anti-Personnel Pod’s

I really want any of these in the game, please, please, please.

***EDIT***
Here is some clan **** that clanners would like in the game.

Chemical Laser (small, med, and large), Improved Lasers (small, med, and large), Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle (like a rotary gauss), ProtoMech Autocannons, Advanced Tactical Missiles, and mortars

There isn't a lot that is not already in there.

Edited by Hoaggie, 24 May 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#2 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

most of those aren't devoloped yet in the timeline, and the A-pods aren't in the game because they're only of use against infantry.

#3 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostRagtag soldier, on 22 May 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

most of those aren't devoloped yet in the timeline, and the A-pods aren't in the game because they're only of use against infantry.

What about B Pods? And there are plenty of weapons the game started with that werent in the timeline yet.

Edited by Hoaggie, 23 May 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#4 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

It's as Ragtag Soldier said about the timeline, but there are a bunch of weapons we could really use.

Rifles for example....ok so they are supposed to do less damage against mechs.
Throw that out the window since they are not AutoCannons. AC's could have better firerate but weigh much more.
It would give light mechs far more ballistics to use among other things.

Mortars sounds great too since they cannot be blocked by AMS, but in return they are less accurate.
But since these are IS weapons the Clanners will wet their pants and start complaining.

#5 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

I didnt post the clan weapons because I drive mostly IS mechs. I posted the rifles because

Here is some clan **** that clanners would like in the game.

Chemical Laser (small, med, and large), Improved Lasers (small, med, and large), Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle (like a rotary gauss), ProtoMech Autocannons, Advanced Tactical Missiles, and mortars

There isn't a lot that is not already in there.

#6 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

Or a Railgun. (Stone Rhinos)

But these things are usually added in increments. And the timeline probably will keep things balanced before big changes like new weapons are applied.

Edited by Zephonarch II, 23 May 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#7 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

View PostZephonarch II, on 23 May 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

Or a Railgun. (Stone Rhinos)

But these things are usually added in increments. And the timeline probably will keep things balanced before big changes like new weapons are applied.

What are you basing this off of? What is the president of PGI adding weapons incrementally or along with the cannon timelines?

#8 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

We need to advance the timeline forward 6 years to 3058 for IS tech to catch up to Clan and the addition of missing weapon systems.

#9 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 May 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

We need to advance the timeline forward 6 years to 3058 for IS tech to catch up to Clan and the addition of missing weapon systems.

But the rifles and mortar are ancient. They are not lostech...they are just less effective in the TT.
Balance them in MWO and they would be fine as i said in post #4 above. It would give us more ballistic options. Especially for the light/medium mechs.
I'm sure the Clans have similar outdated weapons lying around.

#10 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

Hell, just different ammo types would be nice, witch is the reason auto cannons are better than previous ballistics. Actually, **** different ammo types, give us different armors.

#11 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

View PostHoaggie, on 24 May 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

Hell, just different ammo types would be nice, witch is the reason auto cannons are better than previous ballistics. Actually, **** different ammo types, give us different armors.

Unfortunatly the programmer who was responsible for the ammunition code did something wrong.
Unless PGI rewrittes the ammunition code we cannot get different ammo types.
It seems it would take a huge amount of work though i'm not familiar with such things.

The programmer in question was naturally fired for this mistake.

#12 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 24 May 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

Unfortunatly the programmer who was responsible for the ammunition code did something wrong.
Unless PGI rewrittes the ammunition code we cannot get different ammo types.
It seems it would take a huge amount of work though i'm not familiar with such things.

The programmer in question was naturally fired for this mistake.

Was he? I was under the impression they just stole huge amounts of code from MWLL. So much so that if you have MWLL running and try to launch MWO, MWO tells you it is already running.

#13 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

rotary gauss ? oh my....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users