#1 Verex Shibbz

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 4 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKerrville, TX

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

If you are wanting to learn how to play mechwarrior and would like to learn with friends, don't bother, this game has no support for new players to join in private matches without first spending money that they should not even be forced to spend. The fact that you can't even do a private match where you earn no C-bills or anything is ridiculous. I've had 3 people not even bother updating the game anymore and just deleting it because they don't see the point in buying credits for something they don't even like playing so far. When they play open pug matches they just get slapped down asap and the berating of other players makes it not even fun. The tutorials are useless beyond basic movement. I'm happy to know I haven't bothered putting more than 60$ in this game total since it's release because quite honestly the level of money grabbing is getting ridiculous. paying for mc for mechs and premium time? sure, I'm down for that, but having to have premium time just to play a no rewards prviate match with people you are trying to get into the game? ridiculous.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

OP filled with misinformation. You can play this game without paying even a single dime of real money in it. It is perfectly capable to be played completely for free.

Want rewards? Play in the public matches. If you want a private match? Either have premium time for less than two full teams (24 players), or just have 24 players in a lobby.

If you wish to really help new players, team up with them, and help them in a public match. Works just as well I find. I've helped many new players into the game by just playing by their side, and guarding them as best I could.

Edited by Tesunie, 22 May 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#3 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

@OP:

Private matches cost server resources. Server resources for games that have fewer than 24 players are more expensive per capita than standard matches. Therefore PGI decided to require a token indication of some kind of recompense for the lost resources when players run private matches at less than optimum efficiency. It's a sound business decision, and one that they cannot reasonably be faulted for.

Also, I find that the best way to help a new player is to run a "smurf" account and do group queue drops with him while in a private voice comm system. This lets you play together without the experienced player screwing the new guy over by virtue of his Elo, while also giving both players identical resources (Trials only, no unlocks, etc.) so that the play experience is as close to parallel as possible, which helps a lot with explaining what things do and how things work. Long-time players can sometimes forget what it's like to run mechs that they haven't customized and that don't have any modules or efficiencies.

#4 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 22 May 2015 - 08:55 PM, said:

@OP:

Private matches cost server resources. Server resources for games that have fewer than 24 players are more expensive per capita than standard matches. Therefore PGI decided to require a token indication of some kind of recompense for the lost resources when players run private matches at less than optimum efficiency. It's a sound business decision, and one that they cannot reasonably be faulted for.

Also, I find that the best way to help a new player is to run a "smurf" account and do group queue drops with him while in a private voice comm system. This lets you play together without the experienced player screwing the new guy over by virtue of his Elo, while also giving both players identical resources (Trials only, no unlocks, etc.) so that the play experience is as close to parallel as possible, which helps a lot with explaining what things do and how things work. Long-time players can sometimes forget what it's like to run mechs that they haven't customized and that don't have any modules or efficiencies.

What he said.

#5 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

You shouldn't earn C-Bills for private matches because people will grind the private matches for C-Bills.

As for paying for private matches, you want them. The normal queue is free and available, but you just have to have a private match. So if you want to take up server resources, then you have to pay.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 23 May 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#6 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

Why is the rum gone?

#7 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

Don't look at me. I don't like rum.

#8 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

@OP: QQ Harder? :lol:

He missed everything by a mile...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users