64 replies to this topic

#21 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:27 AM

All I know is, out of the 12 drops I made so far in CW, lost 11 of those. All against Clan Jade Falcon. I am wondering what happened to Clan Wolf? So many fresh out of boot camp pilots encountered...

#22 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostSimbacca, on 24 May 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

All I know is, out of the 12 drops I made so far in CW, lost 11 of those. All against Clan Jade Falcon. I am wondering what happened to Clan Wolf? So many fresh out of boot camp pilots encountered...

Clan Wolf has always been bad, sorry. Being the Mary Sue clan faction, it's natural for all the bad players who care about the Lore kinda things flock to the Clan Wolf and Davion. Hope that helps!

#23 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostXavier, on 24 May 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

I love reading about what Mercstar is doing from people that arnt in the unit, its actually quite informative for me.

1) we are mercs so we go where the money is and our move to wolf was planned weeks before the event was announced.
2) Jade falcon attacked Wolf first, we were just respsonding to an attack (which we got paid to respond to by the way)
3) we attacked GB so that we could get an FRR attack lane because despite our border with FRR the algorithm did not grant us an attack.

but thanks for the laughs anyways guys this thread just made my night!

-S-

Perhaps you should post your intentions and reasons before blatantly violating a formal non-agression pact between Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear?

It is annoying that the mode does not allow for any formal diplomacy to be enforced, that even if almost everyone agrees to non-agression, that all it takes is for 12 people to screw it up and there is no way to stop it.

#24 KhanJames

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

I usually play wolf in CW, and out of the 9 games i played in CW this weekend I only lost 1. And that's playing "pug style". So while we may have more "bad players" that's because we have more in general. And my loss was also to JF although not sure if TFDV is normally JF or mercs since Ive never played against em before.

#25 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

really the problem is that JF is too big right now. We zerg a Steiner planet and bring it to 100%, the Steiners QQ and quit, their are no defenders on Steiner planet

making it so that our only other attack option is Wolf

hopefully if we can open a path up to FRR, attacks on Wolf will cease.

#26 Lanancuras

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostSimbacca, on 24 May 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

My experience was 9 wins 3 losses so far; 8 wins against IS, lost 1 match against the IS, 1 win against Jade Falcon and losses 2 against Jade Falcon. PUG style mostly, sometimes with a few unit members joining in for the fun.

For some reason the queue against Jade Falcon attracts the worst Clan Wolf players. Can't really explain why. Had a blast playing against them though personally and Clan versus Clan feels very refreshing when compared to playing against the IS.

Getting 80 points was easy peasy in every single of these matches.

Edited by Lanancuras, 24 May 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#27 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

I dropped with MercStar during Tukayyid, and I learned alot.

I dropped with them a few times during this event and learned alot again.

I took their tactics and maneuvers and applied them to my own unit; they worked beautifully.

So, I choose not to bash anyone for playing the game as a mercenary-we're all mercenaries playing for the cash. Just some of us keep our contracts more permanently with a faction for longer than others.

#28 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

My unit (Clan Diamond Shark) has also been sounding the bell to NOT attack other Clan space.

Its really unfortunate to see Mercs and Surats interfere so heavily. Here's hoping that's corrected in some way in the future.

#29 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:25 AM

For this event, clan vs clan fights were inevitable. Planets can be given back later with no fuss. It's not like they mean anything atm.

If you think out of control pugs and merc are bad now, just wait for the steam release....

#30 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 25 May 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

If you think out of control pugs and merc are bad now, just wait for the steam release....

Then, CW will be really working as intended... <_<

Edited by CyclonerM, 25 May 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#31 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

Hello everyone. I have been given permission by Glorious Leader to disclose some information. I would just like to inform everyone that it is actually GIRL that has been the tip of the spear when attacking Wolf planets. We were actually the first to attack Butte Hold with a twelve-man, and other Jade Falcon followed and it hasn't led up. Seeing as GIRL is a Jade Falcon loyalist unit, you can stop blaming the mercs, at least on Jade Falcon.

Hope that helps!

#32 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

Once the CJF PUGs (like myself) figured out, that the games vs. Clan Wolf were a lot easier than those on the IS border, the Campaign gained momentum.

#33 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 25 May 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Once the CJF PUGs (like myself) figured out, that the games vs. Clan Wolf were a lot easier than those on the IS border, the Campaign gained momentum.

From what i have seen, most of Clan Wolf's defenders are pugs as well; everyone is focused on invading the IS..

#34 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 25 May 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

From what i have seen, most of Clan Wolf's defenders are pugs as well; everyone is focused on invading the IS..

Exactly.

But it seems CW gained a lot of very bad PUGs.

Edited by KinLuu, 25 May 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#35 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 25 May 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Exactly.

But it seems CW gained a lot of very bad PUGs.

For some reasons, in the attack queques even pugs seem to be better :huh:

#36 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 25 May 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

For some reasons, in the attack queques even pugs seem to be better :huh:

I blame the call to defense mechanism.

#37 Rihko

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 23 May 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

It's not only gonna be IS against them but a clan faction wanting to recover their territory and get revenge. After watching their agressive backstabbing take on this Beta no clan faction will drop to defend their worlds when that happens like Kurita on Beta 1.

Yea, poor Kurita. Trying to hold off Smoke Jaguar, and Davion kept pushing them... so when Davion falls apart, it was Kurita's turn to smack them around.

But, anyway, it's the way CW works and especially this event. When you have an IS planet you can drop on, that already has five groups in queue to drop and is at 100% taken, then you start looking for other planets to hit. :)

#38 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

They should just make 3 planets, one for clan-clan, one for IS-Is and one for clan-IS. Up the points to win and let them fight. That way you dont wait your arse off.

I changed to clan for the event. Was FRR before and will be going back. But I didnt play CW except 2 or 3 games because of the waiting time and the simple problem that in most drops its against units.

And thats simply no fun. ECM-covered pre-confiured groups with training and tactic rolling down the hill and over the PUG groups.

Anyway, I dont know why unit players think that ball-running is fun. I prefer matches with diverse builds and longer shooting times. If I want a game where every playing piece has a preset of attributes and ways to move, I just play chess.

#39 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

Oh no, the clans are actually attacking each other, heaven help us.

And it's not our fault the bears had attack lanes that were rightfully ours to begin with. ;)

#40 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostLennStar, on 25 May 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

Anyway, I dont know why unit players think that ball-running is fun. I prefer matches with diverse builds and longer shooting times. If I want a game where every playing piece has a preset of attributes and ways to move, I just play chess.

Unit players want to win ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users