G13 Macros Not Working?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Imzy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

I have setup some simple weapon buttons on my G13, they work fine.

When I try to add delays / toggle / any other options to the G13 macros, the weapons won't fire.

How can I setup a macro, for like a UAC5, so I can optimize its firerate?

#2 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

How are you expecting to get help when most pilots are not very kind (or better said: willing to) to other folks with macro usage. It's basically getting a advantage. I get it in offline play, but not in online.

I can understand when you only have one arm or have lost a couple of fingers.

For the rest i don't understand it. Sure there are some pilots who will disagree with me, but i am always against macro usage. (Depending on verified background and the user behind it)

Just use your 1,2,3 buttons on the top of your keyboard or on your rightside. No macro's (software) needed.

Edited by Sarlic, 24 May 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#3 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

Sarlic is right for the most part don't use a macro to optimize the fire rate of a UAC 5 I just use it because I cant reach the buttons while torso twisting and moving like a light always has to do.

But if you need an answer use the software and make sure its updated program the buttons so when the program comes on those buttons will be that lay out for that game. If you don't have the software thats what the disc is for and the internet aswell.

P.S. I have a G910

Edited by Whatzituyah, 24 May 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#4 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

I haven't had any problems with macro'ing my G13, except for trying to get TAG to become a toggle. Since they finally changed the behavior of UACs I don't need a macro for that anymore (if you just hold the fire button it will not jam).

The only G13 macro I use on occasion is for a King Crab "6 AC2 machine gun" build where I stagger each group by 0.1 sec. Macro works fine. It's not really productive, but sure sounds cool until you overheat.

#5 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

Moving to Hardware and Accessories

#6 Imzy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

Holding fire on UAC5 won't double the fire rate though for me, it's just the normal fire rate. What is in your macro to enable high fire rate?

#7 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostImzy, on 24 May 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Holding fire on UAC5 won't double the fire rate though for me, it's just the normal fire rate. What is in your macro to enable high fire rate?

Yes, that is how it now operates. A macro is not needed to enable UAC fast fire. To double the fire rate you just need to press the fire button multiple times (i.e. double tap). However, increasing the fire rate means you have a chance to jam the weapons. To be most effective, you want to control when to double-fire your weapon, usually just as you or your target is moving into cover. If you're out in the open with a good line of fire, you'll want to normal fire to keep the damage consistently on target.

Previously, holding the fire button caused the UAC's to fire at their maximum rate causing frequent jams, opposite of how it now works. Some people found it useful to use a macro to force the weapon to only fire at the normal rate to prevent jamming.

To be perfectly clear, a macro cannot be used to reduce the chance of UAC jamming, nor is one required to ensure a fast fire rate if desired.

#8 Capt_Kobalt

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

The fire rate will not change. Is coded in the program. I use the g-13. Its more conferrable than using the w-s-a-d- keys for movement. My Left hand gets cramped up on the keyboard for long periods of time. ( Its been broke to many times, use to fight in the ring) So the G-13 fixes that problem. Setting up battle map keys, or targeting on a key is just preference. I seen to advantage to it. But if you are looking for some kind of advantage, you will not find it. Firing rates or set in the MW program it self. Input devices is just a matter of preference.

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Sigh. Some people here are just too salty to even just answer the question. <smh>

View PostImzy, on 24 May 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

I have setup some simple weapon buttons on my G13, they work fine.

When I try to add delays / toggle / any other options to the G13 macros, the weapons won't fire.

How can I setup a macro, for like a UAC5, so I can optimize its firerate?

Imzy,

Something seems wrong with the Logitech software in combination with the game. Using the basic repeat drop down menu and entering a delay in the text box does not seem to work.

What works though is to record the up and down keystrokes via the "Multi Key" option. Then you need to manually insert delays between both down-up and up-down keystrokes. I've gone as low as 1 millisecond and that seems to work just fine.

Alternatively, just record your key strokes via "Multi Key" with the "Record delays between events" option checked. Then just manually edit the delay durations as you see fit.

Using "Multi Key" without adding delays does not seem to work when used with the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users