Issue

8 replies to this topic

#1 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

I'm kind of annoyed that this is still a problem, considering how very long it has been one. I got stuck on a wall on Canyon Network (though this is by no means the only place where this happens) today, lit up by the enemies I was running away from, and then to add injury to injury, had my legs broken by "fall damage" when the game saw fit to finally un-stick me. This is, of course, despite the fact that I was running up the hill and not down no less.

So yeah, as much as I love the next cool thing you guys tend to come out with, I'd super-appreciate it if you put a little love into the core product, aka your mechanics. I mean, fall damage isn't necessarily a bad mechanic, but when I can take more fall damage from not falling than I ever have from falling even ridiculous distances, you might have an issue. Hence the issue tag.

Mechanic: ok.
Implementation: not so ok.

#2 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

MWO physics... It can't tell whether you are stuck/hovering/falling... So it just breaks your legs to punish you for the LOLs ! :blink:

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

I've gotten the same problem lots of times. All over the place.

#4 Coggernaut

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

I was in my locust, got the same glitch (many times in different maps) I ran up a hill then got stuck floating. I see the fall indicator increase to -101 M/s, then released and I fall on the ground. Smashing my legs to unarmored (gota love quirks). To lights, your legs are everything. Please fix this! I also don't have jump jets, so I cant counter this glitch.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

JJing up on viridian bog. Got stuck on terrain. Empty tanks refusing to refuel. So I start to wiggle out of it. I drop, and my speedometer (the one that measure my mech's movement speed, not the one for falling damage), hit 198 Kph, for a split second as I hit the ground. My legs went from full armored, to no armor and almost yellow internals in under 2 seconds.

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

I've seen my mech made of rubber before. Jump up onto a cliff top, land, bounce up again, and then SLAM into the ground, wrecking my legs...

I've also gotten stuck on flat terrain and objects that didn't even pass my mechs ankle.

#7 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Yes, this happens too often as a light pilot.

Now I take 9 percent total mech damage in my Mist Lynx, all in the legs when it happens. The damage amount seems to have even gone up from what it used to be.

A new one for me now (happens mostly on Veridian Bog) is when I jump up to the next level of terrain I will sometimes bounce off the top edge to almost twice as high. Take it my JJ are fully depleted when I get to the edge so after it shoots my mech up even higher I fall all the way back down for massive leg damage (If I survive at all).

Does anyone else encounter this when jumping very high in a Mist Lynx or other 6+ JJ mech?

Edited by Eugenics, 30 May 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#8 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostEugenics, on 30 May 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Does anyone else encounter this when jumping very high in a Mist Lynx or other 6+ JJ mech?

View PostTesunie, on 28 May 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've seen my mech made of rubber before. Jump up onto a cliff top, land, bounce up again, and then SLAM into the ground, wrecking my legs...

I've also gotten stuck on flat terrain and objects that didn't even pass my mechs ankle.

In other words. Yes. I get it in my Enforcer, Summoner, Grasshopper... Basically, if it's got JJs, It's happened to me.

#9 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:47 AM

I actually experienced that in my Panther tonight. Thankfully, it's the one I run with a million jumpjets as a joke, so I had burn left to cushion my fall, but I was pretty surprised to see myself hit the top of a hill and rocket upwards instead of sticking to it and moving forward. Canyon Network, if you were wondering.

Edited by Tim East, 31 May 2015 - 12:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users