23 replies to this topic

#1 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

Open to discussion on this one, but I had an idea too:

Why don't clan/house loyalists get 1 MC per day per planet that is conquered (not an initial planet), and this activates after 2 weeks of being loyal and in your clan/house. This makes warfare between two factions much more aggressive, because even with small amounts, people would fight over something.

Also, merc group's players get 1 MC per day per planet that has their 'name' on it (with the same 2 week to be in a group to get that MC). They would get less than loyalists, but also could move to a group an in attempt to get more MC by taking more planets, so it evens out a bit.

Lone wolves, no bonus.

We could even let factions get destroyed, even if it's not how it really happened, and let those planets give 2 MC, those players could switch to another group when they 'die'.

Maybe even higher MC numbers for certain planets (perhaps normal planets are 2, important ones 3, and home planets 5, just tossing some ideas out).

This MC isn't a lot, but it's something interesting to fight for, also, giving out some small amount of MC is a great way to get players to buy MC for the game (as I've read about other F2P games, players tend to buy MC much more often if they have before, and they are more likely to buy the first time if they have some 'useless' MC sitting around).

Anyway feel free to talk about your own ideas or mine. It would be nice to see the game, and/or CW be more active.

#2 S204STi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

I'd rather a daily C-bill bonus per planet owned, but it's not a bad idea.

#3 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostS204STi, on 24 May 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

I'd rather a daily C-bill bonus per planet owned, but it's not a bad idea.

That's an interesting point, we even could have each planet give out different numbers getting higher and higher closer to the home planets, and it's shared evenly with everyone in that group, so that even smaller groups would get C-bills. Unfortunately, the c-conomy is pretty poor, so I don't know how much they'd go for the idea, especially without nerfing the amount from the actual fighting.

I think I overall like that idea more than mine, but both are good!

#4 Ghost_19Hz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSHB

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

I just want to know... why am i allowed to take 4 60 ton mechs and not 4 assaults or not 4 lights or not 4 70 ton heavies.

Are mechs lighter than 60 tons overpowered and mechs heavier than 60 tons overpowered and mech that are somewhere in between pieces of dog crap?

Serious reply: Forcing me into taking different mech weight classes that i don't like, and forcing a team to suicide through choke points will forever mean that i won't play it outside of events/rewards.

So get rid of that and i will like it more.

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

Existing mech variants with custom camo/geometry/colors. Lower wait times. There's also this little thing where each planet doesn't feel any different from the others so it might as well just be one single queue for all.

#6 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 24 May 2015 - 06:01 PM, said:

Anyway feel free to talk about your own ideas or mine. It would be nice to see the game, and/or CW be more active.

Unfortunately, more bribes rewards won't fix it. This is the actual problem with CW and the reason for low population.

#7 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

Because stopping a Gen rush is next to impossible. Thus limits most things that can be done with the game

Edited by MechregSurn, 24 May 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#8 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

Bribery. It is clear that works.

#9 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

I'm gonna put this here

View PostWill9761, on 15 May 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

I can think of a few things:

More enticing rewards:
MC, Cockpit Items, and Mechbays are fine, but they should throw in some new items based on the progress of your faction. Maybe some mechs based on your affiliation, premium time, or free Camospecs.
Example:
Clan Jade Falcon Star Colonel 3 Rewards:
900 MC
Jade Falcon Clan Camo
Jade Falcon Colors
30 days Premium Time
Mad Dog MDD-B

More Game Modes:
The four game modes of Attack, Defend, Counterattack are fine, but they get pretty boring after a while. Perhaps game modes like a King of the Hill-styled S.O.S game mode to capture control points to contact your dropship for extraction, or a Capture the Flag-like game mode where you have to capture injured mechwarriors for subjugation(attackers) or rescue(defender). Even a Free-For-All Solaris mode or Clan Trial equivalent game mode would help break the monotony.

Use for Coffers:
The only thing we can pay for is dropping out of a contract, but it would be nice to pay for turrets, Naval Assets, or other protection to help you with defending your planet. The next time you run into a ghost drop, at least you can deal with armor crews, infantry, and/or aerospace fighters to give yourself a challenge.

Voice Actors and NPCs:
I have nothing against Betty, but I would like to see more voice actors for CW. In the field, it would be nice to hear a tactical officer warn you about an objective, commend your victory, berate your defeat, anything. Even if Duncan Fisher was here for a tutorial, I would like it. As for NPCs, I would love to see people, whether they are 3D-models or Live-Action actors. You get a different employer of your respective faction but as you progress further, you begin to take orders from notable personalities like Theodore Kurita or Ulric Kerensky. It would also be amusing to have some humor in CW even if you have to go along the lines of the Civ 2 advisers like having faction employers bickering among each other.

An Eye for an Eye:
Every faction has its feud: Davion vs Kurita, Marik vs Steiner, Wolf vs Jade Falcon, those sort of feuds. If you join that faction, you will have enemies. For example, if your are in a Davion Unit and you keep messing with Kurita worlds, then that faction will say, "This Davion unit abbreviated [FEDS] has meddled in our affairs for far too long! We will increase the [insert reward here] to any Kurita unit who can hunt them down." and place a "bounty" on your unit. The bounty could vary for example like a 10% Loyalty Boost, or a 20% C-bill boost just for killing member(s) of that Davion unit.

Edited by Will9761, 24 May 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#10 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 24 May 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

Unfortunately, more bribes rewards won't fix it. This is the actual problem with CW and the reason for low population.

Marik had over 150 as i remember before the reset. Many of those i stayed up late before work because if i quit the other 11 people were not going to get a match. Not antmore......

The only reason i would do this again is for money or resources.

Give me few cbills for the planets.(Remove 25% of cbills per match to blance)
Give me extra lasers on my drop ship.
Give me extra lasers around the main gun.
Something please.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 24 May 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#11 S204STi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 24 May 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

That's an interesting point, we even could have each planet give out different numbers getting higher and higher closer to the home planets, and it's shared evenly with everyone in that group, so that even smaller groups would get C-bills. Unfortunately, the c-conomy is pretty poor, so I don't know how much they'd go for the idea, especially without nerfing the amount from the actual fighting.

I think I overall like that idea more than mine, but both are good!

I probably haven't played long enough to notice a surplus of C-bills, but I feel like I always have a shortage, lol.

#12 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

No amount of rewards will make it actually fun to play.

They need to balance the matching. They need to stop making new maps that are just copies of old ones (2-3 canyons to objectives). They need to add more gamemodes than just generator destruction. Tug of war is one great suggestion. They should've started with smaller CW campaign map instead of trying to model entire universe in one go where you have multiple queues that can never be populated with the low player count MWO has.

Basically they soiled the bed and they keep soiling it further.

Edit: Oh yeah and they need to remove the ability to spawncamp. Defender spawn needs to be further away from the objective and dropships need to be overpowered deathstars to stop people walking into enemy spawn.

Edited by madhermit, 24 May 2015 - 10:38 PM.

#13 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

Rewards cannot fix a stale game design.

Edited by xe N on, 24 May 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#14 Frank Burns

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

just move away from the GLOBAL MAP DESIGN.
there aint simply enough players to make it work.

How bout instead trying to play with low population on global to move to one planet where all the Clans and IS would fight against?
People still could be able to choose favorite faction and all drops would be just along the battleline.

this battleline would shift based upon the success of each faction. The planet could be change like every month/month and a half with some interesting reward upon the planet change.

I think that this one planet-one battleline not only represents the feel of conflict better but also solves the low player population spread over all the factions.

that way PGI could finaly solve the Pug VS Premade problem.....

Edited by LilShlomo, 24 May 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#15 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

very good idea, but first, it need to bring ELO matchmaking, open all mechs.

THEN your idea is fine.

Otherwise, it would be misused at current state.

Edited by Titannium, 24 May 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#16 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

I would go for more vanity rewards, like an unmoddable version of faction/clan camo getting unlocked for all appropriate mechs once you get to certain level as a loyalist / for 1-2 mechs once you get to max level as a merc. Titles for taking planets etc.

Also - more variety. Not by drastically changing the mode(s?) we have, but by adding new ones. Many people complain that the mode gets stale/repetitive after a while. I can understand that, only that this is the side effect of making it feel like a real battle/war (at least for me - you have a combat with actual front and defined attackers/defenders, you got offensive and defensive manouvers etc. not just the usual chaotic skirmish of the random queue). While I like current modes, I hope that the 4x4 mode will bring more variety. CW should have 3-4 modes in total, with the current attack/counterattack being the largest and most warfront like, while the others should be some smaller skirmishes, with some stress on role warfare maybe?

--------------
OK, that's wishful thinking at its best, but I would love to see pve added to CW one day. With minimal impact on the planet %. For example: convoy/ supply line ambush with AI tanks and=1-2 AI-controlled defending mechs. Winning such a match would give your side one or two percent plante ownage.

Or PVE battles instead of ghost drops? A man can dream...

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 24 May 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#17 Frank Burns

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 24 May 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

I would go for more vanity rewards, like an unmoddable version of faction/clan camo getting unlocked for all appropriate mechs once you get to certain level as a loyalist / for 1-2 mechs once you get to max level as a merc. Titles for taking planets etc.

Also - more variety. Not by drastically changing the mode(s?) we have, but by adding new ones. Many people complain that the mode gets stale/repetitive after a while. I can understand that, only that this is the side effect of making it feel like a real battle/war (at least for me - you have a combat with actual front and defined attackers/defenders, you got offensive and defensive manouvers etc. not just the usual chaotic skirmish of the random queue). While I like current modes, I hope that the 4x4 mode will bring more variety. CW should have 3-4 modes in total, with the current attack/counterattack being the largest and most warfront like, while the others should be some smaller skirmishes, with some stress on role warfare maybe?

--------------
OK, that's wishful thinking at its best, but I would love to see pve added to CW one day. With minimal impact on the planet %. For example: convoy/ supply line ambush with AI tanks and=1-2 AI-controlled defending mechs. Winning such a match would give your side one or two percent plante ownage.

Or PVE battles instead of ghost drops? A man can dream...

better rewards dont solve the problem. they just lure people into broken mode and they still leave. not after two matches but after like 10

#18 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

The base problem is that if a faction was doing well it would encourage more players to move over to that faction thus making the problem worse.

Any reward system has to be fair for all players and free from manipulation. As it is we have already seen what effect a large Unit can have in CW and there lies a real problem for any future reward system. Any system should really be on a participation basis for all pilots.

Also too many game modes will split an already depleted player base further making any games harder to find.

#19 Frank Burns

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

what also gets me is the elitistic behaviour of multiple units.
if u try to reason with them about the pug vs stack, they just tell u CW is not for every1 but only for xperienced players in units.

maybe pgi should lock the mode and allow only units to que. this would actualy solve all the problems - selfproclaimed pro players could then play vs each other for eternity.

oh wait its not pro players who make the game run (buy stuff) but casual players ^^

#20 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:11 AM

To anyone who said the problem is in CW itself:

I never really thought about it, personally I really like CW, I mean really it's quite similar to normal gameplay, which, balance aside, is quite fun. I do agree that there is a lot of potential for improvement, and I don't consider that an unfinished state is acceptable because it's in beta 2, but to me, the basic concept is pretty solid, but like I said, there's room for improvement.

I made my suggestion because I feel like CW is supposed to be a bit more hardcore, but it doesn't really have any benefits to it, and that 12 mans can fight randos, makes it less hardcore than it should be. The small MC/C-bills for the players would be that extra boost to attract more players (basically you're gonna get more money if you do this, but only if you win 50% of the games, which should help inspire teamwork and improvement).

I think the main issue is that there aren't enough players to make it work well, now that could be a problem with how the system works completely, but this change should be fairly easy to do and should entice more players as well.

View Postztac, on 24 May 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

The base problem is that if a faction was doing well it would encourage more players to move over to that faction thus making the problem worse.

Any reward system has to be fair for all players and free from manipulation. As it is we have already seen what effect a large Unit can have in CW and there lies a real problem for any future reward system. Any system should really be on a participation basis for all pilots.

Also too many game modes will split an already depleted player base further making any games harder to find.

I considered this, but while thinking and remembering the reasons that defended it, I came to a conclusion that really the current system does the same thing; players that want more money and only that, should already switch to the winning faction because, they have a higher chance of winning; however, (in connection to how it is, and the extra MC/C-bills version), if players all change over, there aren't any more planets to take over, and everyone would just make significantly less than actually playing AND having planets.

There are 3 different players, lone wolves, who don't get an advantage anyway, loyalists, which, in theory, love their clan/house and wouldn't change unless it was necessary, and merc groups, which I would say have a few different play styles. I know that some enjoy the challenge of protecting (FRR in beta one?) and fighting the hard fights, going to the losing side. I think QQ, my current teammates changed to CJF for that reason (before this event, which they stayed CJF). Also, with the suggestion, merc groups get MC/C-bills connected to the number of planets, that means it doesn't really matter where they are, if they can get a planet, they get the loot. Lastly, with the concept that S204STi brought up, a smaller merc group would make more money per person, but (in theory) have less planets, making it even. Even if player swarmed to the winning groups, the money gained would decrease per person, but it would still inspire teamwork, which I feel is the main missing thing from CW as a whole.

View PostLilShlomo, on 24 May 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

what also gets me is the elitistic behaviour of multiple units.
if u try to reason with them about the pug vs stack, they just tell u CW is not for every1 but only for xperienced players in units.

maybe pgi should lock the mode and allow only units to que. this would actualy solve all the problems - selfproclaimed pro players could then play vs each other for eternity.

oh wait its not pro players who make the game run (buy stuff) but casual players ^^

Although I prefer for everyone to be happy, realistically, there is little they can do, not to mention CW is supposed to be the 'hardcore' place, it makes sense there's no hand holding here.

If you consider the lore aspect of it, if that's your cup of tea, then wouldn't it make sense that if you were a lone wolf, and were hired to protect/attack a planet, that you'd have a problem with a team that has practiced together?

Not to mention that the problem is fairly easy to fix, look at a group you want to join, and join a serious group there, or see which merc group has a lot of planets in that group and join them.

When I first played this game (you young wippersnappers!), I came to the conclusion that teamwork is OP (or rather an important foundation of the game), and I immediately started looking for a team to join. I dunno, I agree it would be nice if it was overall more appealing to less organized players, but I wouldn't want that to reduce how teams have fun, not only would that not fix the problem, other than how it would be nice to make the game more appealing for more players, I don't see the logic in catering to the single man, in a hardcore game type, that is heavily based on teamwork.

Still if you feel that way, why not just join a group? I know there are more relaxed groups that you could just play for fun with some more consistent players, and when you do, you'll get to work better together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users