Easier Stat Listing?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Baoman

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

Would it be possible to list mechs on the stat page alphabetically? Hard to keep track of how well I'm doing sometimes...

#2 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

Impossible...you already know this. Maybe in 2018.

#3 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

I like to pull mine out into Excel. I've been plotting performance over time, and it's one of the few ways to see how your mechs perform in CW vs the public queues.

#4 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:13 AM

just use this:
Mad-Stats*

It's all what basic stats page need. And free!
It will change your life, for real, and every player should have it!

Another question is why not stats page in the in-game menu?
Seriously, why do we have to alt-tab to our net-browser just to see any Mech or personnal stat (it's not very important, but still, you need to be able to see in the UI what you do and have done in the game so far- kinda like most other other mmos right now).

*works with Chrome but i'm not sure about other browers.

Edited by XtremWarrior, 25 May 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#5 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

I asked for that months ago on the Suggested Features forum. I was given the "soon" answer.

The mechs on the state page are listed in some completely random order without any logic to it. They also love duplicating entries for clan mechs. I somehow have 3 different entries for mechs that I've only played one variant of (trial clan mechs) - it's pathetic.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:55 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 25 May 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

I asked for that months ago on the Suggested Features forum. I was given the "soon" answer.

The mechs on the state page are listed in some completely random order without any logic to it. They also love duplicating entries for clan mechs. I somehow have 3 different entries for mechs that I've only played one variant of (trial clan mechs) - it's pathetic.

There is an actual order... but it's the internal ID for the mech that it is sorting from.

The duplicate entries though has to do with how PGI identifies mechs when they are "duplicated" like the Invasion mechs vs the Gold mechs vs the non-special/standard variants.

PGI isn't really good at cleaning that data up, as they are indirectly shared for obvious reasons.

Don't get me started on the Module Use (Frequency) listing (aka Pilot Module Statistics) that isn't even working properly.

#7 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 25 May 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

I like to pull mine out into Excel. I've been plotting performance over time, and it's one of the few ways to see how your mechs perform in CW vs the public queues.

Out of interest, how are you doing it? Is there an easier way than to take a screen shot at the end of every mission and manually enter stats in to an excel file afterwards?

#8 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostSir Wulfrick, on 25 May 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

Out of interest, how are you doing it? Is there an easier way than to take a screen shot at the end of every mission and manually enter stats in to an excel file afterwards?

You can just select all the data in the web browser with your mouse, just hold down the left mouse button at the header and drag your mouse all the way to the bottom of the page, copy it to the clip board with either ctrl-C or a right click and copy. Then paste it into excel, google docs, etc. The columns and headers will remain intact and then you can sort or do any sort of calculations you like on them.

That mad stats looks pretty nice, similar to the grease monkey script I've been using that hasn't been supported for a few years.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 25 May 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#9 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostBaoman, on 24 May 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

Would it be possible to list mechs on the stat page alphabetically? Hard to keep track of how well I'm doing sometimes...

I've been using Google Docs to do my stat calculations, but it's frankly more bother than it's worth (for me).

I do agree it's flabbergasting that
A) There's no in-game stats
B) The stat page we do have isn't sortable in any way, shape, or form

But then again, the bittervet in me says it's because neither of those things can be monetized...

Don't let the bittervet be right, PGI - fix the stats!

Edited by stjobe, 25 May 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#10 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 25 May 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

You can just select all the data in the web browser with your mouse, just hold down the left mouse button at the header and drag your mouse all the way to the bottom of the page, copy it to the clip board with either ctrl-C or a right click and copy. Then paste it into excel, google docs, etc. The columns and headers will remain intact and then you can sort or do any sort of calculations you like on them.

That mad stats looks pretty nice, similar to the grease monkey script I've been using that hasn't been supported for a few years.

Thanks, that's useful to know - I didn't know that it preserved the formatting...

#11 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Some of the stats are broken, for instance Pilot Modules only lists Advanced Zoom and 17 games when I have 100s of games with the Advanced Zoom module on.

So I don't think these stats are accurate.

#12 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostXetelian, on 26 May 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Some of the stats are broken, for instance Pilot Modules only lists Advanced Zoom and 17 games when I have 100s of games with the Advanced Zoom module on.

So I don't think these stats are accurate.

It stopped working a while ago. I forget when, but it's long since become a feature and Lostech.

#13 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostXtremWarrior, on 25 May 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

just use this:
Mad-Stats*

Seriously, why do we have to alt-tab to our net-browser just to see any Mech or personnal stat.

A - Flipping- men... :rolleyes:

I cannot think of any other reason than "Not a priority" as reason this is not in the GUI. MW:O makes so many other calls out to the server for any number of things... why stats are not pulled is baffling.

The other even weaker excuse might possibly be some SEO goof convinced PGI that keeping stats site-locked would improve their SEO rankings. <_<

#14 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

just use this:
Mad-Stats*

+1.

I prefer pasting my stats into a spreadsheet that lets me sort and analyse them how I like, but MadStats will be the ideal solution for the vast majority of people.

Another solution is mechstats.com - I use it, it works, it's pretty great.

#15 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

I am pretty sure the programmer who wrote the code for this has already left PGI. :P

#16 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

I'd love to stroke my epeen with an accurate stat page.

Joking aside

We're likely never going to see improvements and if we do it'll be after Steam and much of CW betas.

#17 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

just use this:
Mad-Stats*

Seriously, why do we have to alt-tab to our net-browser just to see any Mech or personnal stat (it's not very important, but still, you need to be able to see in the UI what you do and have done in the game so far- kinda like most other other mmos right now).

*works with Chrome but i'm not sure about other browers.

This is wonderful, why couldn't PGI do this two years ago?

#18 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostXetelian, on 26 May 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

I'd love to stroke my epeen with an accurate stat page.

Joking aside

We're likely never going to see improvements and if we do it'll be after Steam and much of CW betas.

Proper epeen stat-stroking is lost-tech in MW:O...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users