What Is A Good Loadout?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Pappus

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:26 AM

Currently I am running 2x Firestarter (K and H) with 6-8 medium lasers. Additionally I have a Stalker-4n with 6x large laser and a Stalker-5m with lots of 5-10 lrm and ammunition.

The problem I have is that there are rounds the firestarter really work and rounds they blow up hard since I can't really anticipate the presence of mind of the enemy. The missile stalker needs to be taken out because there is way too much ECM going around and I can't really shoot my ammunition.

I will mostly do 800-1400 damage across all mechs, which seems to be on the low end and it probably is because the stalker-4n gets outsniped, the 5m doesn't work and the lights need opportunity too so I thought I would ask here for a bit of input to get something better, something more stable that will always work.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

I could list the current IS CW Meta for you, but Metamechs has already done that.

http://metamechs.com...ropship-ladder/

Personally I use some combination of:
6LL STK-5N
2ERL 3MPL AC10 Stalker Misery
MPL Thud
3LL Raven 2X
6MPL Firestarter S

Edited by Appogee, 25 May 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

I turned the 4-n into a brawler, 4 LL, 2 MPL (group 3LL and 1LL, 2MPL and you'll never over heat), BAP, CC and DHS for the rest of the slots.

If you are determined to use the other stalker, make sure you have tag since your primary weapon is the lrms. Otherwise switch it to srms.

#4 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:42 AM

Stalker 5S 2LL 4ML 2AMS. LRMs and SRMs are too situational, and all-LL boats overheat too fast in a brawl.

#5 Anarkai

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:41 AM

My opinion is get some other mechs, firestarters can do good but I don't like the stalkers really, so slow speedwise, turn like a truck and can't walk over a pebble :P Can keep one stalker to help out with tanking some dmg otherwise i just bring mediums and/or ecm raven great sniping mech.

Try out Shadowhawk-2k with 2-3 ER LL and SRM 4s or with L PL and some SRMS. One of the best CW mechs there is. Everything is in the torsos, high mounts, decent speed and JJ :) (one plus is that not every Shadowhawk is the same either so quite fun to level them up :P)

Edited by Anarkai, 01 June 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#6 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

All TAGS and paint your mech gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users