12 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

Thanks in advance if you kindly can answer these questions for me.

Q1. If a quirk is for "laser duration", does that apply to both beam lasers and pulse lasers, or only to beam lasers?

Q2: If a quirk is for "AC range", does that apply both to standard ACs and UACs, or only standard ACs?

Q3: Do clan Omnipod quirks 'stack' on each other?
For example, a certain Clan Mech has 3 different omnipods on 3 different components. Each of these omnipods has a "laser duration" quirk of +5%. Does that mean that:
a: all lasers on that Clan Mech, regardless of where they located, have a laser duration quirk of +15%; or
b: each laser on each of those 3 different omnipods has a laser duration quirk of +5%.

Another example, if a left arm omnipod has a quirk of +10 "arm pitch speed", does that apply to both arms, or only the left arm?

Posted Image

Edited by Appogee, 26 May 2015 - 03:58 AM.

#2 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

AFAIK, Laser duration, without any reference to the type of laser will apply to both regular and pulse lasers.

For AC quirks I do believe it follows the same philosophy, if it does not specify the type of AC will be applied to all (AC's).
Now U-AC's go into another category, so it will only apply to them when referred specifically to Ultra AC.

Regarding the omnipods, it's the second option:
"each laser on each of those 3 different omnipods has a laser duration quirk of +5%."

About the last question:
"if a left arm omnipod has a quirk of +10 "arm pitch speed", does that apply to both arms, or only the left arm?"
Only applies to the left arm.

All these answers are related to how I see it should work, I have no numbers to back it up. Just following common sense (just dunno if that's the best option in this game) :ph34r:

#3 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 26 May 2015 - 03:41 AM, said:

About the last question:
"if a left arm omnipod has a quirk of +10 "arm pitch speed", does that apply to both arms, or only the left arm?"
Only applies to the left arm.

Hm, I don't think so. There is only one targeting recticule for arm weapons. If the left arm would move faster than the right arm - where would your shots from the left arm go? And those from the right arm? I think they will always move simultanously. So a speed quirk will always affect both arms, in my opinion.

#4 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:40 AM

View PostAppogee, on 26 May 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78837471/PGI%20Achievement%20Quirks.jpg

This is perfect! I might steal it

I'm not sure about the autocannons either. What mech are you talking about in this case?? Doing ctrl+f on smurfy with "AC range" doesn't show any results.

Edited by John1352, 26 May 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#5 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

*bump*

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostAppogee, on 26 May 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

a: all lasers on that Clan Mech, regardless of where they located, have a laser duration quirk of +15%; or

That's the correct one.

#7 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostFlipOver, on 26 May 2015 - 03:41 AM, said:

Regarding the omnipods, it's the second option:
"each laser on each of those 3 different omnipods has a laser duration quirk of +5%."

I thought that for Clan 'Mechs the reason that many people were complaining about the quirk nerfs was because they stacked. A 3% increase in beam time wouldn't be very noticeable, but the 20+% is, and they do seem noticeably longer.

#8 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostRedEagle86, on 26 May 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

I thought that for Clan 'Mechs the reason that many people were complaining about the quirk nerfs was because they stacked.

That's what I thought, as Iraqiwalker stated.

#9 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostAppogee, on 26 May 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

That's what I thought, as Iraqiwalker stated.

You thought correct. The quirks stack

Regardless of hardpoint allocation.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 26 May 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#10 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

1) "Laser Duration" applies to any weapon with the word laser in its name, however "large pulse laser duration" would only apply to the Inner Sphere LPL

2) AC Range would apply to all AutoCannons and Ultra AutoCannons. however Clan AC5 range would only apply to the Clan AC5, not the UAC5 or any other AC

3) Omnipod quirks stack, so if you had 4 omnipods with 10% laser beam duration that would give you 40% shorter laser burn time for every laser mounted anywhere on the Mech, if both arms have a 10% speed increase that would mean your arms would move 20% faster with both Omnipods than they would with nether

#11 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

I would like to add the one that is not intuitive. Ballistic velocity applies to PPCs. Everything about the weapon counts as energy. So that would be hardpoints, energy cooldown quirks, energy range quirks, and energy heat generation quirks. What is shot, like object going downfield, is tracked as a ballistic so it gets the ballistic velocity quirk.I have tested this and frame by frame video analysis confirms this.

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 26 May 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

I would like to add the one that is not intuitive. Ballistic velocity applies to PPCs. Everything about the weapon counts as energy. So that would be hardpoints, energy cooldown quirks, energy range quirks, and energy heat generation quirks. What is shot, like object going downfield, is tracked as a ballistic so it gets the ballistic velocity quirk.I have tested this and frame by frame video analysis confirms this.

really? i did not know that..

But for the record, most things go by sets.. energy is the base, then the rest are sub types, Pulse, then named size pulse, all weapons are the same in this aspect..

#13 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

This makes sense, because unlike most energy weapons (read, lasers) PPCs and ER PPCs don't have a duration or beam time. Instead they fire a single burst, like a ballistic, but instead of a slug, this is in the form of a bolt, or ball of energy. So, energy quirks that have duration modifiers wouldn't effect PPCs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users