50 replies to this topic

#21 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

Still waiting for additional last minute offer (modules swag).

#22 ElricVonRabenfels

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

Alrite... so if I only buy a Wolfhound pack for the Early Adopter reward, and later ( About a month) upgrade to the full pack, will I also receive the EA rewards for the higher tiers?...

I'm confused.

Edited by ElricVonRabenfels, 26 May 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#23 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostElricVonRabenfels, on 26 May 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Alrite... so if I only buy a Wolfhound pack for the Early Adopter reward, and later ( About a month) upgrade to the full pack, will I also receive the EA rewards for the higher tiers?...

I'm confused.

No you will not, you only get it for the tier pack you buy before the deadline.

#24 ElricVonRabenfels

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Bah, then I might as well just wait a couple more months before purchasing, all I could afford right now would be the Wolfhound pack.

Thanks for the info though. :)

Edited by ElricVonRabenfels, 26 May 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#25 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostElricVonRabenfels, on 26 May 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Bah, then I might as well just wait a couple more months before purchasing, all I could afford right now would be the Wolfhound pack.

Thanks for the info though. :)

Well, you still would get an extra wolfhound and all the other goodies, just not the 4th variants of the Crab, BK, and Mauler.

#26 ElricVonRabenfels

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 May 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Well, you still would get an extra wolfhound and all the other goodies, just not the 4th variants of the Crab, BK, and Mauler.

Oh grand, the one mech of the pack I don't give a toss about. :P
I just paid 1280€ for a new historical linen tent and over 1600€ for completely handmade historical weapons (warhammer, flail).

I'm happy with what I've got in life. I'd be happy with giving PGI more dosh for this pack as soon as I can, but there is literally no point for me to get this ahead of time when I'm not getting all the bonuses. I'm not minted, and if I don't get all the bonuses, I'd rather just save the 80€ until the last moment. I don't feel like living on Ramen for a few weeks just for an extra Wolfhound.

@Shar Wolf
'Lo there. Was good to be playing with you in CW that match.
You seem a polite and decent player!
I hope I didn't do too terrible, I'm an IS exclusive player, so I'm stuck with trial mechs when the Crows go Clan. :P

Edited by ElricVonRabenfels, 26 May 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#27 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

Bought and owned, rdy to do the crab walk. :angry:

#28 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

I would buy the Mauler a la carte, but there is no early adopter bonus for that :-(

I might get it later if that remains the case.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 26 May 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#29 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

I bought it today.

I wasnt sure, but I looked at it for a while....

most of the preorder stuff is kinda meh, I mean i like having premium time thrown in but the cockpit stuff is not really my thingas I own so many mechs i could never afford to buy camo etc for all of them.

Anyway, Bonus 4 mechs for the res2 pack, plus bonus 4 mechs from res1, I kept looking at that, that makes 20 mechs total for 80 dollars, plus the rest of the stuff. 4 bucks a mech, what is that like Spider price? IMO it is certainly worth 4 dollars each to me for removal of grind, for the assault mechs alone.

I dunno, I mean they could be bad, but then so could have the Phoenix pack, the clans, the clan wave 2, etc. Some of them were.... not my cup of tea really, like Myth Lynx.... but for the most part I have no remorse over any of them. In fact, the only mech I have ever had significant ragrats over is the St. Ive's Blues. That mech is a ******* ****. Which is a shame because they modeled it to look so kick ass. Anyway thats a bit off topic.

Bought the pack today, 20 mechs for 80 bucks is a pretty solid anti grind deal IMO.

#30 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Awesome design on the Mech but all have an incredibly boring loadout, why would i want to own more than one of each chassis? They are all basically the same, not only are they each a simpleton boating mech but no variant really stand out as being different. Maybe Quirks will set them apart, wheres the quirk list?

#31 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 26 May 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Awesome design on the Mech but all have an incredibly boring loadout, why would i want to own more than one of each chassis? They are all basically the same, not only are they each a simpleton boating mech but no variant really stand out as being different. Maybe Quirks will set them apart, wheres the quirk list?

I think, as the mechs arent actually due to release until sept, that they dont have working models in game yet for testing. So it is highly likely they do not know how they perform and as such can not put quirks out there.

It might hurt sales. but I think it would hurt their reputation a lot more to over quirk something and have to yank it. Look at how the one TBR variant fiasco turned out.

lpus who knows, maybe they have ideas for quirk overhauls and are dragging their feet on purpose.

I dunno, an official response to this question about the quirks might go a long way, even if just to acknowledge they havent had testing done yet and will lt us know when they can or something.

i have faith enough they will be functional. I know a lot of people look at the real money price and expect top tier, otherwise why not just wait for free cbill variants. I don't look at it that way so my expectation is simply a non-borked mech that has potential for fun smashy robot times. So far they have delivered on all but a very select few mechs for me in that regard.

#32 FuzzyLog1c

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

I had both mech packs and received refunds on both due to my dissatisfaction with PGI's handling of the previous packs. They're jerking us around--nerf one set of mechs, then offer another set of mechs for sale. Rinse, repeat.

It's *bleeping* exploitative and it needs to stop.

#33 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostFuzzyLog1c, on 26 May 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

I had both mech packs and received refunds on both due to my dissatisfaction with PGI's handling of the previous packs. They're jerking us around--nerf one set of mechs, then offer another set of mechs for sale. Rinse, repeat.

It's *bleeping* exploitative and it needs to stop.

How did you do that? Resistance 1 was already dropped when they nerfed the TBR/SCR.

#34 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:52 AM

It's awesome value for money, but I will pass.
Why? because it will be just spending money on new mechs to fight the same people, on the same maps, with same glitches, same poor hit registry.
I understand PGI makes money through this sort of packages, but this time , after founders, phoenix and resistance I will say no.

I have probably close to 60 mechs or more and they all do the same more or less with the same old IS weapons, with same old tonange. There's nothing new to play with. it's same maps over and over, same game modes over and over.
I still have fun ofcourse, but buying R2 would be a waste of money because once the mechs are levelled up, nothing new and exciting will happen, it will be just quirks nerf or boost.
Even CW with so many new maps it's getting stale because it's the same low population, no incentive to play unless there is a 8one sided) event and the same gamemodes.
We need soemthing fresh... new weapons, new game modes, more game imersion... By the time we get that I will have the mechbays and c-bills to buy the R2 variants and then some more...

#35 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

Trying to sell diehard IS players such as myself IS content at the same time you are having a "let's stomp the IS" event was not exactly good timing. The event helped me make up my mind and decide not to purchase this pack (even though the Crab is one of my favorite medium Mechs.) Two other factors in this decision:

- No faction content, early adopter etc. for a la carte purchases.
- The extra incentive of the "resistance deal" only applying to top tier purchases. I do not appreciate the message this concept conveys.

Edited by Koshirou, 27 May 2015 - 03:01 AM.

#36 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

Does anyone know which of the variants are the special / CBill boost variants?

#37 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

Still no hints about the quirks on the new mechs. Won't buy.

#38 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

Going to be close, for me LOL 4-8 days until ebay/paypal funds clear so I can use them. :lol:

#39 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

Chuck me in a last minute module bonus (1 x radar derp) and I'm in.

#40 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostElricVonRabenfels, on 26 May 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

I'm confused.

ask support@mwomercs.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users