Clan Want More Stuff :)

47 replies to this topic

#21 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostBurktross, on 27 May 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

The resistance pack comes with introductory, or in the case of enforcers, the XLs of T2 tech.
All clanner mechs come loaded with XLs and DHS and endo/ferro.

Not better per say, but you buy "finished" mechs when you order clanner packs.

Sure, finished, but not better then IS really.....

#22 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostOvion, on 27 May 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

This does irk me.
I feel I'm being punished for being a loyal customer.

I have better numbers on my home PC (on laptop out), but ultimately - for buying Wave 1 + 2, we got the Mad Dog, we got mugs, steins, etc.
There were the reward mechs for buying packages, and small (and large) things for being a repeat, loyal customer.

For buying Resistance 1+2, you get an extra 4 mechs, plus any doubled content has extra to offset it, aswell as getting more colours.

For buying Wave 2+3, you get around $50 less content than someone buying just wave 1, or just Wave 2.

We lose on up to 12 premium colours for purchasing both packages, aswell as there being none of the little knickknacks a lot of people enjoy, such as the coffee mugs / steins for buying prior packs. (And how else am I meant to get a coffee mug in every mech otherwise!)

I can see how some people may see it as 'entitled', but with everything before and since, it just fees a little... irritating.
For purchasing all 3 Clan Packs in their entirety, we're seen as less important than those who have only bought the latest, rather than both parties being important.

I don't think you get the point.

You cannot be MORE wrong....

A top tier purchase of wave 3 will net you 4 extra chassis' not to mention you got a FREE MDD (all 3 plus the Prime I) when you bought those top packs....when did the IS get free mechs other then early adopters with the free Jager? Or this most recent one? Yea same as clans....

I got Hanging items, coffee mugs, warhorns, colors (which have no effect on anything and hardly even look right due to the lighting in this game), and a bunch of other stuff.....Each faction Selection package came with warhorns, hanging items, etc. I Also have 4 (FOUR) steins i will never use, again you were wrong sir. So if you did not get this stuff then you should have sent an email to support.

You are really going on about nothing here....they are rather comparable IMO.

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 27 May 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Sure, finished, but not better then IS really.....

They are only not better because of quirks....most stock clan mechs stink and everyone knows that but IS stock mechs stink even more which i think we can ALL agree on.

Edited by DarthRevis, 27 May 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#23 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 27 May 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

They are only not better because of quirks....most stock clan mechs stink and everyone knows that but IS stock mechs stink even more which i think we can ALL agree on.

Yup, I can agree with IS Stock sucks, esp when it doesnt come with DHS. If it comes stock with DHS, the rest is easy.

WHy hasnt PGI cut the price of DHS to like 750K? 1.5m in their 10cents per game economy is steep, esp when you need it on every mech........

Besides over quirking the IS and nerfing the Clans, they could buff their economy so that IS mechs could get on par faster, which would only help in the long run. Would make the IS seem better overall and the IS would win a little more, so teh C/IS WR comparison wouldnt look so derpy simply cuz more IS mechs would be upgraded a little more. But I dont think PGI knows how all their game parts go together.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 27 May 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#24 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

clans want their existing stuff not overnerfed/

#25 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 27 May 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

You cannot be MORE wrong....

A top tier purchase of wave 3 will net you 4 extra chassis' not to mention you got a FREE MDD (all 3 plus the Prime I) when you bought those top packs....when did the IS get free mechs other then early adopters with the free Jager? Or this most recent one? Yea same as clans....

I got Hanging items, coffee mugs, warhorns, colors (which have no effect on anything and hardly even look right due to the lighting in this game), and a bunch of other stuff.....Each faction Selection package came with warhorns, hanging items, etc. I Also have 4 (FOUR) steins i will never use, again you were wrong sir. So if you did not get this stuff then you should have sent an email to support.

You are really going on about nothing here....they are rather comparable IMO.
You aren't talking about Wave 3 mostly.

You're talking about Wave 2.

And the point isn't one-time packs, anyone gets the extra variants.
The point is people who have bought multiple packs.

Wave 2 was spectacular.
For purchasing repeatedly, and especially for purchasing high, we got a lot of loyalty extras.
Set the standards high.
No complaints there.

Even if the mechs in Wave 2 itself were a little lackluster (though still fun), the extras and the Mad Dog were just superb, and the pack as a whole was good.

My only gripe is with Clan Wave 3 (Three).
Where it comes with the same bonus content as wave 2, half of which is negated due to duplication.

Now, if it were different colours, or purchasers of Wave 2+3 got a little something to cover that, it'd feel nicer.

I mean, end of the day, I wanted the mechs, and what extras were there so I bought it.
Even bumped to the Executioner even though I was 50/50 and suck at Assaults.

I'm really not exactly complaining persay, just a mild irritation to an otherwise good run.
But it'd be nice if at least the duplicate colour thing was adressed.
(And honestly, I'd love another coffee mug dammit.

Edited by Ovion, 27 May 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#26 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 27 May 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

clans want their existing stuff not overnerfed/

WHat he said!

#27 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

Ok, Im not quoting everybody but, you guys cant put early birds specials in consideration, like the polygon camo or digital art, IS packs have early buyers stuff too... is it too hard to understand? 4 clans = 12 colours/4 skins, 6 factions = 18 (36 in resistance 2 case)colours and 6 skins... the same for warhorns/cockpit stuff...

I dont want enter in the ferro/structure/XL discussion, its complicated, clans cant change their engine, and the upgrades are locked! Also, with all nerfs, and IS and Clans suposed to be equal, the price difference just doesnt make much sense... Also, you can buy upgrades for the "naked" with cbills, you cant buy colours and stuff with cbills... so no, IT IS NOT the same thing, stop being a IS butthurt because clan m3chs are shinier, my rant is about CONTENT and REAL MONEY...

#28 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

I will agree that if you bought Wave 1 and got the Invasion colors they should have just gave you (for lack of a better word) two free color tokens or whatever....but the faction content is what it is. You can see that before you even bought it.

View PostAnarcho, on 27 May 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Ok, Im not quoting everybody but, you guys cant put early birds specials in consideration, like the polygon camo or digital art, IS packs have early buyers stuff too... is it too hard to understand? 4 clans = 12 colours/4 skins, 6 factions = 18 (36 in resistance 2 case)colours and 6 skins... the same for warhorns/cockpit stuff...

I dont want enter in the ferro/structure/XL discussion, its complicated, clans cant change their engine, and the upgrades are locked! Also, with all nerfs, and IS and Clans suposed to be equal, the price difference just doesnt make much sense... Also, you can buy upgrades for the "naked" with cbills, you cant buy colours and stuff with cbills... so no, IT IS NOT the same thing, stop being a IS butthurt because clan m3chs are shinier, my rant is about CONTENT and REAL MONEY...

Why cant i put early bird stuff up? Its content is it not? Polygon camo was given out for free to peeps even at some point for other things. But if you miss the early bird stuff thats on YOU not PGI, and not anyone else. Sucks but yea if you cant get it you cant get it....its nothing but pixels anyway. But why not just buy a resistance pack then?!? :huh:

Like Ovion said,

I bought the packs for the mechs and the Premium Time the trinkets were a bonus and I have made over 2500 MC in CW just this past weekend alone.....thats a few colors to make up for the butt hurts in this thread. If i could give it to you i would.

Also, how do you even know what they are gonna finish giving out with wave 3? They have changed stuff before like a week or so ahead of delivery. Maybe NEW colors are one the way!?

But BTW Ovion the MDD's came from the Wave 1 and 2 purchases....3 Extra mechs with Camo and ready to go out of the box on one of em.

Edited by DarthRevis, 27 May 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#29 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

The lack of Additional Camos in Wave 1 is probably the only disappointment so far... the only beneficiaries are those that preordered early and got the Polygon camo.

The stock Clan Mech camos are virtually meh. Even the Phoenix and Resistance mechs have a decent stock camo to them even if you didn't buy the packs for their bonus camos (Hotrod and Faction camos respectively).

I believe that is part of the OP's gripe.

Edited by Deathlike, 27 May 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#30 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

I know the mdd did.
I bought it.
I enjoy it.
I'd Mastered it inside 2-3 weeks I think....

One of my fave mechs.

And with the addition of the cauldron born, I believe I'll have all my in time line favourites.

#31 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

TBH, I don't think the colors are that big a deal (I've lived on the basics for a while), although the Invasion colors required an early preorder in Wave 3 (and previously a preorder for Wave 1)... which seems a little silly IMO (exclusivity is a little overrated there), but whatever.

#32 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 27 May 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I will agree that if you bought Wave 1 and got the Invasion colors they should have just gave you (for lack of a better word) two free color tokens or whatever....but the faction content is what it is. You can see that before you even bought it.

Why cant i put early bird stuff up? Its content is it not? Polygon camo was given out for free to peeps even at some point for other things. But if you miss the early bird stuff thats on YOU not PGI, and not anyone else. Sucks but yea if you cant get it you cant get it....its nothing but pixels anyway. But why not just buy a resistance pack then?!? :huh:

Like Ovion said,

I bought the packs for the mechs and the Premium Time the trinkets were a bonus and I have made over 2500 MC in CW just this past weekend alone.....thats a few colors to make up for the butt hurts in this thread. If i could give it to you i would.

Also, how do you even know what they are gonna finish giving out with wave 3? They have changed stuff before like a week or so ahead of delivery. Maybe NEW colors are one the way!?

But BTW Ovion the MDD's came from the Wave 1 and 2 purchases....3 Extra mechs with Camo and ready to go out of the box on one of em.

The extra early prizes are extra, cant be counted as part of the package price.

Cmon, why resistance 2 have diferent colours but wave 3 not? If they change later will be awesome, and thats exactly what I want.

I dont mind pay more for "better mechs" with upgrades, but definetelly pisses me off paying more real money for less content than a cheaper pack... and by content, put on your heads, I mean REAL MONEY stuff, colours, skins and cockpit blings...

#33 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 27 May 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

The lack of Additional Camos in Wave 1 is probably the only disappointment so far... the only beneficiaries are those that preordered early and got the Polygon camo.

The stock Clan Mech camos are virtually meh. Even the Phoenix and Resistance mechs have a decent stock camo to them even if you didn't buy the packs for their bonus camos (Hotrod and Faction camos respectively).

I believe that is part of the OP's gripe.

I realize now OP ONLY cares about the colors....which is the silliest thing i heard this week.

You cant see your mech when you are in it.

The first laser that grazes you ruins your paint

No one cares about colors that much....but if you think its worth its Twitter is a much better place to get Russ' ear.

#34 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 27 May 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

I realize now OP ONLY cares about the colors....which is the silliest thing i heard this week.

You cant see your mech when you are in it.

The first laser that grazes you ruins your paint

No one cares about colors that much....but if you think its worth its Twitter is a much better place to get Russ' ear.

Well, I think the camo gripe is kinda legit. The Clan mechs w/o camos are genuinely bad IMO.

Sad that all textures get auto-replaced as soon as there a scratch... and that scratchy camo/texture is being used on mechs beyond the Misery (all the Invasion variants use them, and I get the artistic vision... but I don't need that everywhere).

Edited by Deathlike, 27 May 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#35 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

Its not silly when we are talking about real money... plus yeah, its a big part of the fun playing around with camos and stuff at the mechlab...

If it its silly for you I can only say Im sorry you cant enjoy more of the game than just the basics...

#36 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

Just a thought, but for duplicate colors, perhaps you should be refunded or given the difference it would be in MC so that you can buy others.

That's the best you can ask for IMO.

I mean... unless they started offering "more shades of Steiner or Davion or faction" colors, it's probably the most reasonable thing they can do.

Edited by Deathlike, 27 May 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#37 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

Ok NOW I get what the OP was saying; the MC value of the "extra" content.

I get it; it's cool stuff to have. Still, I figure Clanners get what they pay for, regardless.

#38 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

The one thing that grinds my gears is that there is no camo/skins for wave 1 mechs. Other than paying about 12,000 MC for all 8.

Even if you own the Masakari pack - you have to pay 12k mc for the skins. LOL

#39 Hukkama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostBurktross, on 27 May 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

The resistance pack comes with introductory, or in the case of enforcers, the XLs of T2 tech.
All clanner mechs come loaded with XLs and DHS and endo/ferro.

Not better per say, but you buy "finished" mechs when you order clanner packs.

someone better tell my Hellbringer he's missing his endo/ferro since they all come with it

#40 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 May 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

:huh:
They are meant to be New not the same as rare in my understanding.

Exactly. OmniMechs are not rare in the Clans..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users