Clan Want More Stuff :)

47 replies to this topic

#1 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

Ok, I just want to bring the topic up to discussion again... Because I feel kind cheated, I want to keep my bay exclusive with clans mechs, but the resistance packs are being much better cost/benefit deal.

Clan wave 1: Up to $240, no colours, no skins
Clan Wave 2: up to $120, 4 skins, 12 colours
Clan wave 3: up to $120, THE SAME 4 SKINS and the SAME 12 COLOURS from wave 2

Resitance pack: Up to $80, 6 skins, 18 colours
Resistance pack 2: Up to $80, Same 6 skins , 36 COLOURS (18 are the same from resistance1)

So, can wave 3 have different colours too?

Can we have two more clans added, just for content? (skins, colours, warhorn, etc..)

#2 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

You're getting expensive, powerful mechs with great tech. They are meant to be rare.

So....no. :)

#3 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

Its not about the price of the mechs, its about the same number of content for both sides. Like, why resistance pack 2 have more/diferent colours and wave 3 dont? Also IS gets more stuff because they have 6 factions... Would be nice if they made up for that adding colours/skins to balance the value for both sides...

#4 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostDrake Morgan, on 26 May 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

You're getting expensive, powerful mechs with great tech. They are meant to be rare.

Did you even read the OP?

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

I wish they brought back Clan Loyalist as an option for Clan players who don't have their favourite Clan in game yet. Be it Nova Cat or Diamond Shark or whatever else. Then PGI could do more stuff like this, give players new skins and (some day) decals, without splitting the tiny CW population into more factions.

I know PGI is planning to change the CW experience from the status quo where everyone is a mercenary to letting people choose between loyalists, mercenaries and lone wolves. Maybe it would be nice to let people be Clan loyalists (Clan Dagger banner) or Inner Sphere loyalists (FedCom banner?) without making them swear loyalty to any one faction. So if I wanted to be a Hanseatic League or Clan Nova Cat player, I could still be part of CW and get loyalty points.

Instead of getting 1000 LP from one faction per match, the reward could be to get 200 LP from each of the 5 factions, or whatever.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 26 May 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#6 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

I didn't buy very far into the Wave 2 or 3 because there just isn't as much on offer.

Especially since I already have the colors and cockpit items.

#7 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostKavoh, on 26 May 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Did you even read the OP?

Yup! Sure did. He wants more bang for the buck when he buys Clan mechs. I responded.

#8 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

I really wish we had Clan Diamond Shark as a faction option. Unlike the other Clans, Diamond Shark holds on to the ideals that made the Star League great, something Kerensky himself admired. Their "lower castes" are treated with respect, their scientists are top notch, they're good in a fight, and they can rapidly adopt and build any new tech they earn/create.

In other words: Clan Diamond Shark is everything I like in a faction.

#9 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostDrake Morgan, on 27 May 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

Yup! Sure did. He wants more bang for the buck when he buys Clan mechs. I responded.

Responded with something completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, yes. He wants more color schemes/non-game altering cosmetics sold with the mech packs that have been notorious for being poor quality (some clan mechs STILL don't have the ability to use faction colors). It has literally -nothing- to do with the "rarity" of clan mechs, which btw, is irrelevant in MWO as it's not lore compliant anyway.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

:huh:
They are meant to be New not the same as rare in my understanding.

#11 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

That guy is just trolling.

I completely agree that I feel we all got cheated with the clan mechs and it's why I haven't bothered buying any clan packs but the first wave.

I refunded wave 3 after I compared the price comparison and knowing how pgi is treating the clans I dont feel confident in purchasing them.

#12 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 26 May 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Its not about the price of the mechs, its about the same number of content for both sides. Like, why resistance pack 2 have more/diferent colours and wave 3 dont? Also IS gets more stuff because they have 6 factions... Would be nice if they made up for that adding colours/skins to balance the value for both sides...

Go open the 3050 TRO. Count the Clan assets and then count the IS assets..... Lore-wise, the IS has more assets while the Clans have fewer and imo, better.

#13 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

I'm glad they kept that same pattern for wave 3 its friggin beautiful!

#14 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

Lol, Powerful mechs with great tech, maybe in TT, not in MWO.

#15 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 26 May 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

Ok, I just want to bring the topic up to discussion again... Because I feel kind cheated, I want to keep my bay exclusive with clans mechs, but the resistance packs are being much better cost/benefit deal.

Clan wave 1: Up to $240, no colours, no skins
Clan Wave 2: up to $120, 4 skins, 12 colours
Clan wave 3: up to $120, THE SAME 4 SKINS and the SAME 12 COLOURS from wave 2

Resitance pack: Up to $80, 6 skins, 18 colours
Resistance pack 2: Up to $80, Same 6 skins , 36 COLOURS (18 are the same from resistance1)

So, can wave 3 have different colours too?

Can we have two more clans added, just for content? (skins, colours, warhorn, etc..)

The Masakari pack (Wave I) came with....

DIGITAL CONTENT

WALLPAPER - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
SIGNED CONCEPT ART - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
PACKAGES

MASAKARI PACKAGE
MECHS: 1 PRIME + 2 VARIANTS - 24 mechs total

KITFOX
NOVA
SUMMONER
DIREWOLF
ADDER
STORMCROW
TIMBERWOLF
WARHAWK
PREMIUM TIME

90 DAYS
MECH BAYS

YOUR MODULES

SHOCK ABSORBANCE
SPEED RETENTION
ENHANCED NARC
AMS OVERLOAD
YOUR TITLES

THE BOLD
THE PARTISAN
THE RESOLUTE
STONE COLD
THE STEADFAST
THE DETERMINED
THE DEFIANT
THE IRONCLAD
YOUR BADGES

8 in total
WARHORNS

SCREAMING SURAT
ENVIOUS EARDRUM
YARD SALE
LUNCH TRUCK
CLASSIC ISOBARIC
KICKERS
REC ROOM
PRESSURE CHAMBER
HANGING ITEMS

CLAN GHOST BEAR
CLAN JADE FALCON
CLAN WOLF
CLAN SMOKE JAGUAR
SOCIAL REWARDS

POLYGON CAMO
POLYGON COLORS
MWO MUG
SONIC BOOM WARHORN

WAVE II came with...

PACKAGES

MAN-O-WAR PACKAGE
MECHS: 1 PRIME + 2 VARIANTS - 12 mechs total

MISTLYNX
ICEFERRET
HELLBRINGER
GARGOYLE
Number of Faction Content Packages:

4 choices
MECH BAYS

YOUR BADGES

4 in total

WAVE III will come with....

PACKAGE

GLADIATOR PACKAGE
MECHS: 1 PRIME + 2 VARIANTS - 12 mechs total

ARCTIC CHEETAH
SHADOW CAT
EBON JAGUAR
EXECUTIONER
MECH BAYS

PREMIUM TIME

60 DAYS
YOUR TITLES

4 in total
YOUR BADGES

4 in total
FACTION PACK CHOICES

4 choices

Lots of stuff there, Lots of warhorns, Camos, cockpit items, Modules, Premium Time, Badges, etc., etc.

I have no idea what you are talking about.....they are rather on par. Clam's are more $$$ anyway....

Wave one and 2 came with the invasion colors and polygon camos for mechs, wave 2 also had the faction content selections (via the website) which had warhorns, camo, mugs, hanging items all kinds of stuff.

The resistance mechs got much of the same....they DID get more colors but we got lots of colors with the Clan pack, PGI did not create the IS and did not say they had two more factions then us. Thats the way it is....

PS, Those link still work for the Images! Get some free backgrounds!

Edited by DarthRevis, 27 May 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#16 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

So I'm a troll if I don't agree? I play Clan, too, on occasion. They are on average more powerful, and by the nature of their cost/release, they are more rare...as intended.

Apologies if it seems I was trying to "troll", as that is the furthest from the truth. I will say that I tend to lean on TT lore vs MWO, as TT is what I know.

At any rate, it is my feeling that you get pretty good quality stuff for the Clan mech packs; more powerful, with an assortment of extras, just not as much as IS. The Clans SHOULD be a smaller overall population; if you don't want to pay that much, play IS. Vote with your $$.

Trolling...lol. People are so sensitive. Lighten up, put down your pitchforks, and enjoy the game. It's...a GAME.

#17 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

This does irk me.
I feel I'm being punished for being a loyal customer.

I have better numbers on my home PC (on laptop out), but ultimately - for buying Wave 1 + 2, we got the Mad Dog, we got mugs, steins, etc.
There were the reward mechs for buying packages, and small (and large) things for being a repeat, loyal customer.

For buying Resistance 1+2, you get an extra 4 mechs, plus any doubled content has extra to offset it, aswell as getting more colours.

For buying Wave 2+3, you get around $50 less content than someone buying just wave 1, or just Wave 2.

We lose on up to 12 premium colours for purchasing both packages, aswell as there being none of the little knickknacks a lot of people enjoy, such as the coffee mugs / steins for buying prior packs. (And how else am I meant to get a coffee mug in every mech otherwise!)

I can see how some people may see it as 'entitled', but with everything before and since, it just fees a little... irritating.
For purchasing all 3 Clan Packs in their entirety, we're seen as less important than those who have only bought the latest, rather than both parties being important.

View PostDrake Morgan, on 27 May 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

So I'm a troll if I don't agree? I play Clan, too, on occasion. They are on average more powerful, and by the nature of their cost/release, they are more rare...as intended.

Apologies if it seems I was trying to "troll", as that is the furthest from the truth. I will say that I tend to lean on TT lore vs MWO, as TT is what I know.

At any rate, it is my feeling that you get pretty good quality stuff for the Clan mech packs; more powerful, with an assortment of extras, just not as much as IS. The Clans SHOULD be a smaller overall population; if you don't want to pay that much, play IS. Vote with your $$.

Trolling...lol. People are so sensitive. Lighten up, put down your pitchforks, and enjoy the game. It's...a GAME.
I don't think you get the point.

#18 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 27 May 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

Lol, Powerful mechs with great tech, maybe in TT, not in MWO.

The resistance pack comes with introductory, or in the case of enforcers, the XLs of T2 tech.
All clanner mechs come loaded with XLs and DHS and endo/ferro.

Not better per say, but you buy "finished" mechs when you order clanner packs.

#19 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostBurktross, on 27 May 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

The resistance pack comes with introductory, or in the case of enforcers, the XLs of T2 tech.
All clanner mechs come loaded with XLs and DHS and endo/ferro.

Not better per say, but you buy "finished" mechs when you order clanner packs.

Yes, but the content of the packs being the same as last time sucks. Resistance pack has a better deal for colors and content.

So a clan mech doesn't need 2,000,000 in upgrades right away but I still spend 2,000,000 on omnipods.

Like the HBR I had to buy 2 ECM shoulders, one for each mech, an S shoulder for each DWF and TBR.

They don't just arrive optimal.

Edited by Xetelian, 27 May 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#20 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

Burktross makes an excellent point. It would be interesting to compare the c-bill/MC cost per mech/item, then see how it stacks up. Those XL engines are friggin pricey.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users