#501 PoorDecisions

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 124 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

View PostPirate King Redjack Ryan, on 27 May 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

Haha, it wasn't me it was my brother/sister/aunt/child on my computer, LOL oldest excuse in the internet. Guess he should take better care of his computer.
Besides Russ' comment I saw was about having seen vid, not as you stated. Which could actually mean anything.

You didn't bother reading the thread, either. Those who have see how foolish your comments are. You're doing yourself a disservice.

View PostDaZur, on 27 May 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

You're right I said my peace...I would have been good with that. You pulled me in beyond my original post through questioning my intelligence.

That said, quite honestly I'm defending the process and intent. It could be MW:O or it could be Star Citizen or Hello Kitty... Doesn't matter.

You're welcome to think otherwise.

So now your choosing to click the reply button is my responsibility?

#502 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

View PostI Make Poor Decisions, on 27 May 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

LOL Good lord... :rolleyes:

I'm off to bed. You have fun shaking your fist at the sky and demanding restitution for PGI's transgressions...

#503 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

Out of curiousity, what kind of hack was used? An aimbot?

#504 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

Hehe...at least one of them got reported by me.
To bad many others are missing....but im sure there will be another ban wave soon enough.

#505 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

auction off their mechs lol

#506 PoorDecisions

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 124 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 27 May 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

Russ said wallhacks and aimbots and nothing else.

#507 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:49 PM

I'm disappointed... didn't recognise any of the names =(

#508 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

About effing time, what kept you guys so long .
This game needs some more swinging of ye olde banhammer .

#509 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

You didn't bother reading the thread, either. Those who have see how foolish your comments are. You're doing yourself a disservice.

What difference does it makes to you that you want to see proof?

Your member / friend(?) gave a statement. You (probaly, assume) verify and trust his statement.

Now you want to see proof.

Your member clarified in his statement that his daughter on his family computer downloaded a program.

Means the computer is shared. Therefore the proof is delivered by himself. The computer was linked to cheating. Does not matter which account is involved. Fact remains:

1. A hack or cheat was installed and played online specific on MWO. You can't install a hack or cheat without having to do some user actions.
2. A family computer was used and the statement of the member proves it. Guilty or not, does not matter.
3. PGI did a investigation and found he or she guilty.

As i have written before:

View PostSarlic, on 27 May 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

Problem is that this have been going on since gaming history.

"It was my brother who did this! He installed a hack on my computer!11!!"
"Yeah sorry i just wanted to test the hack out! See if it worked! It was only one time, sorry, sorry"

That's the issue right there. Nobody believe it anymore untill completely verified. Then again: a slim chance to get unbanned just because somebody used a hack on YOUR computer. You are in control of what happens on your computer, you and you alone should get notice what programs may be installed or not.

There's no more excuse of the above situations. I can imagine when it's verified (hard to proove as well) then it sucks to be you to end up banned by the actions of somebody else.

Therefore: PGI did the right thing.

Please, just stop. It sucks if he got end up banned by the actions of others. ALT account or not.

He should blame his familymember for their actions, not PGI. How do you want to do reverse proof? He can't proof that was he was not behind his daughter account at the time being, because the computer is shared and had 'multiple' ALT on one IP or MAC address.

Edited by Sarlic, 28 May 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#510 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

I Make Bad Decisions - tell your friend Bhael to go post the hack his daughter used on outreachhpg (not here, against ToS). Then we can decide if it's something "his daughter" could have reasonably accessed on a whim, as opposed to the paywall subscription hack.

You're asking for proof from PGI, only fair to provide some in return. So far you have provided nothing.

#511 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

View PostYueFei, on 27 May 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Just about sums up what I think.

Those who were banned for cheating were most likely actually cheating and guilty.

However, I don't buy the excuse that PGI won't release the videos of it so that the cheaters/hackers can't figure out how to avoid detection from seeing those videos.

You don't think the cheaters/hackers already know what the cheat looks like when activated? The cheaters/hackers probably have videos of it that they recorded themselves of the cheat/hack in action. Of course they already know what it looks like when active.

PGI releasing videos of the cheaters in action will remove all doubt from the community, but then again maybe PGI doesn't care to do that.

Pls forward your paypal details to them so they can charge the cost of the admin work required to do this.

#512 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

I make Poor Decisions, please do me a personal a favor. Either review the entire topic from the beginning to see how few times you have been getting likes on your comments compared to those responding to you and realize you have next to no supporters, or just complain directly to Russ himself. you can even do both if you'd like. But please realize that you are flooding up this topic with the same rehashed comment over and over.

I know the "like" method of judging a post doesn't even come close to determining if you are correct or not, but it does a fair job of gauging the number of other people that agree with your posts. Any justification you might have had at the beginning of your comments is quickly getting lost in all the insults you've been throwing out for the remainder of your comments.

#513 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

glad cheaters got banned but...pgi has been cheating all of us for years....we all need to pick up this ban hammer ourselves and whack them with it a few times.

#514 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 27 May 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

it's a bundle maphack/aimbot program. So they could have been using both, or just one.

#515 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostI Make Poor Decisions, on 27 May 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

This is part of my objection. If they really were checking code injection, they wouldn't need video evidence since it would be irrelevant what's shown on the video considering they have the actual code injection found. The fact that there's any sort of "video evidence" being used in place of a more responsible option, a code injection checking anti-cheat measure, is a joke.

You lost whatever credibility you had with that statement.... More evidence is a joke? Not only is that statement illogical, it makes me wonder who you really are and why is your account(Made recently in FEb of this year) even making such a big fuss over a supposedly friend that got banned... especially a Friend that was here since 2012 when the game was made. Do you have any ALT accounts? This sort of argument makes no sense at all...

View PostI Make Poor Decisions, on 27 May 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

There should be absolutely no question about which account is cheating and which isn't. The account that's not cheating, the account being played on a different computer where that code-injection-checking anti-cheat measure is also checking and then verifies that there's no problem should not be banned.

That's the core of my objection. PGI is making a mistake in either scenario.

If Bhael's daughter wants to screw around with exploits and gets caught, fine. Ban her account. Entirely reasonable. Banning Bhael just because he plays from the same IP is asinine.

You do realize that some of the names of the banned accounts are both main and ALt accounts? This was not an IP Ban (although PGI has stated they IP Banned a few accounts last year for trollish/ team killing/ making multiple accounts).

If Bhael had 2 computers and each computer had both his account and another account (Pilot name) on a shared computer.. thats multiple accounts for 1 game... which means Both are banned.... However RUSS stated that he has SEEN VIDEO EVidence of Bhael Cheating on HIS ACCOUNT... which nullifies your ENTIRE ARGUMENT..

https://twitter.com/...678062966743040
Posted Image

Looks like more than just 1 Video....

There is no reason for Russ... President - Piranha Games Inc... to lie or try to stop a Founder Pilot from playing this game.... HE needs as many players and paying customers as possible.... PGI just lost a lot of money banning these high paying customers.... but they got something even more important than money.... they finally got the respect of the player base to do something with cheaters in the game..

Edited by LORD TSARKON, 28 May 2015 - 12:31 AM.

#516 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

I'm glad the cheater issue is being sorted, name and shame will be a deterrent.
I hope that when the word 100% is used, it means 100%.
Apart from that, it's a step in the right direction.

#517 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 27 May 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

But can't we all just freak out and lose our sh**?

Posted Image

Is that Brad Stevens ???

#518 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostSmith Gibson, on 28 May 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

I know the "like" method of judging a post doesn't even come close to determining if you are correct or not, but it does a fair job of gauging the number of other people that agree with your posts. Any justification you might have had at the beginning of your comments is quickly getting lost in all the insults you've been throwing out for the remainder of your comments.

Yeah and if every thing was a popularity contest people would believe the world was still flat.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 28 May 2015 - 12:43 AM.

#519 WustenFuchs1991

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:44 AM

I know I shouldn't but I have some mixed feelings about the list. I knew ALOT of those players both on the forums and from ingame and I would have never suspected this of them. If PGI is certain though then it can't be helped. It can only strengthen the community.

#520 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

I just wanna say at this point, you're all very welcome.

I care because you do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users