High Kills

55 replies to this topic

#1 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

Is it possible to get the kill badges (Death Star, Ace of Spaces, ect), or any badges for that matter, on a CW match? 12 kills out of 48 isn't implausable, it's just 3 kills a mech, or a quarter of the team. Same with Philanthropist.

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Good question. I don't think so because CW gives you the four mechs to get it done instead of one and all the stats are kept separately. I could be wrong though.

#3 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

Better question is, has anyone actually completed the Death Star badge legitimately? (Without staged group ups or massive disconnects)

#4 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostTastian, on 27 May 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Better question is, has anyone actually completed the Death Star badge legitimately? (Without staged group ups or massive disconnects)

I managed 8, once, before the achievements were implemented. I'll probably never get to 8 with Elo in play and certainly not 12. Best I've ever done since the achievements were implemented is 6 and that is a rare thing.

#5 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

Found a video of someone getting 11:

#6 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

No, you cannot get the achievements in CW.

Yes, people have legitimately gotten Death Star. I've only ever heard of 2-3 actual people that did get it.

#7 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostTastian, on 27 May 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Found a video of someone getting 11:

Impressive.

#8 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostTylerchu, on 27 May 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Is it possible to get the kill badges (Death Star, Ace of Spaces, ect), or any badges for that matter, on a CW match? 12 kills out of 48 isn't implausable, it's just 3 kills a mech, or a quarter of the team. Same with Philanthropist.

Nope. I've done 17 in CW. No Death Star.

#9 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

no achievement counter works for cw

even assists and component destructions don't count to the corresponding achievements

the only real modes it's conquest, skirmish and assault

#10 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

You don't get achievements from CW matches.

My unit has one legit Death Star that I know of (a really good solo queue match in a Dire Wolf with a bad team, against a bad team), and a couple got it from the mass disconnect bugs that used to happen some time ago.

#11 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

Man, I always get stuck @ 7 and either my team kills everything or I die.

#12 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostTim East, on 27 May 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Man, I always get stuck @ 7 and either my team kills everything or I die.

Same here, I got 7 kills twice, and one time I was reeeeeeally close to nr. 8. But then my dual AC/20 King Crab ran dry....

#13 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

my best was 7 kills in a er ppc spider but that was when we had 8 man drops only.

#14 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

I got 11 legitimately once. 8 kills is very possible, though still uncommon.

#15 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

NOPE, only in casual drops or pug.

Edited by DrSlamastika, 28 May 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#16 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

I've managed 8 a couple of times, but never got any more than that. I've never seen anyone with a Death Star tag, although I have seen plenty of Ace of Spades tags.

Having said that, I've never used the Ace of Spades tag because I'm more proud of Shredder and working on Littlest Helper.

#17 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

10 once.
Still too many players around with illegitimately earned Death Star achievements.

#18 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:09 AM

CW is still in beta, so the games do not count towards your stats. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that you can't get the achievement in CW.

I got Ace of Spades (as you can see by my title). It is really hard to do and it all depends on being a good pilot in the right match, with the right mech, at the right time. There is a lot of that in this game since you can't go rambo and carry the entire team by yourself.

It all depends on the circumstances...

#19 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

I'm proud of my kill stealing achievements and all, but I'll be darned if I'm going to put a bulls eye over my head by wearing the title in match.

#20 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 479 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

As mentioned above, no scores count in CW for achievements. To get ACE OF SPADES and DEATHSTAR you need to be competent, in a good mech and all the "stars" have to align. I am not a very good player, my priority is never kills or raw damage and have tended primarily to light and medium mechs. Still, I have a positive win-loss ratio and a kill death/ratio that fluctuates around 1.5 over 10,000 or so total matches. Recently I got my ACE OF SPADES after playing since August 2012. While I came close a few times when holding out and even winning as a last mech standing - usually if you drop as a group your fellow sqaddies are dropping enemy as fast or faster than you and there simply aren't 8-12 available to kill.

Dropping solo means it will be trying to matchmake based on ELO, and regarless how effective you think that is making good matches, it means the enemy team will have some skilled people on it and yours will too, regardless of how many green scrubs are thrown in. That means the skilled part of your team will be getting their share of the kills along side you, win or lose. It is goning to be rare that a solo/pug drop is going to give you a situation where every one of your teamates is good enough to nearly kill 12 enemy, but actually not kill any... giving you by sheer coincidence the chance to kill all 12. Very rare.

My own ACE OF SPADES was a shock to me, in an enforcer 4r I think it was, the one that normally runs like an ac10 right arm, with 2 energy hard points in left torso, 3 energy left arm. I got sick of poor ballistic performance, so went asymetric build with 4 large laser, 2 in left torso popping one into high mount, 2 in the lower left arm. Did quite well with playstyle and range was around 511m, but it still was a bit hot in a brawl so On a Whim, I switched instead to 3 Large Pulse Lasers. That game, it happened. So much cooler w only 3 lasers instead of 4, but only 3 less alpha it seemed everything I focused on just fell apart and even over its eff range, the 33 alpha was still pretty hefty at 500 m. Still, it took a solo pug drop for it to be an environment where my LPLs could clean up like that cause my allies were not all managing to secure kills... likewise,it took a pug solo drop to be in an environment where the enemy did not come together to focus me as I emerged as the wrecking ball, ending my streak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users