Is Buff Incoming

20 replies to this topic

#1 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

So after IS conquered 20 or so clan planets our weight was reduced from 250 - 240T. Yes this was because mercs were all on IS for 2 weeks, but PGI didn't notice that and IS got nurfed.

So now that Clans have taken back those 20 planets and taken about 20 more that means IS gets its weight back to 250T right...? Because that's how this works right - ignore the population numbers and buff / Nurf based on 1 - 2 weeks of results...?

And yes this is intended as half troll / half serious.

For the record I don't really care either way. Just felt like throwing this out for public comment :P

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:55 PM

I'm still puzzled as to why it got reduced in the first place.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

you forgot they nerfed hard two of four viable clan mechs

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

Let's not play with the drop deck tonnage so much. It can hit new players hard if they build for 250t with their initial playtime/cbills then you invalidate their efforts by dropping it back to 240t.

Not everyone here has 50-200 mechs they can play around with.

Edited by Elizander, 27 May 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

They didn't reduce the tonnage because of planets changing hands, the whole "supply lines" thing was just flavour fluff.

They reduced it to see how things would play out on an even keel after several other things changed.

#6 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 May 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

As far as I can tell, it was increased as an experiment to begin with. Fluff reasons aside, they either decided it wasn't what they were looking for, stopped it to analyze the data while not collecting more, or decided to take a phase of not having it for further info-gathering.

#7 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 27 May 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

They didn't Nurf any "Mechs".

they nurfed the laser builds on those mechs. same as they did to the fire starter stalker etc etc.

all 4 are still quite playable, you just need to adjust your style and at least for CW that has had the un intentional consequence of making IS LRMS 100% useless. This is due to the fact that Hellbringers have increased in usage massively since the change - which has increased clan ecm on the field.

But yeah, I don't actually care either way - just pointing out that tonnage wasn't the problem to begin with - it was player distribution.

#8 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostZfailboat, on 27 May 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

they nurfed the laser builds on those mechs. same as they did to the fire starter stalker etc etc.

firstly if you nerf the main viable build/weapon on a mech you nerf that mech

secondly firestarters, stalkers etc didn't get negative quirks, their nerfs were just a slap on the wrist comparing to scr and tbr

thirdly there are way more viable is mechs than clan ones and most of those were left untouched

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

The Paulconomy Journal said:

??/??/3050

So today, Comstar told me that I had to BBQ 10 tons worth of Flamers... it was... interesting.

However, I learned that Comstar wanted me to use 10 tons of Flamers to set up a BBQ.

Awkward.

#10 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

TBR & SCR nerfs solved all the things!

:rolleyes:

#11 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostZfailboat, on 27 May 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

all 4 are still quite playable, you just need to adjust your style and at least for CW that has had the un intentional consequence of making IS LRMS 100% useless. This is due to the fact that Hellbringers have increased in usage massively since the change - which has increased clan ecm on the field.
Not arguing whether those mechs should have been nerfed or not, or if the nerf actually accomplished anything or not...

But it absolutely WAS a nerf to the two mechs. Making the strongest builds weaker doesn't make weaker builds stronger. The weaker builds are still the same strength they were before the nerf... Thus, the TBR and SCR in competitive usage (that is, equipping whatever the current strongest build is) are now objectively weaker than they were before.

But, before anyone rails on, see first sentence once more for clarity: Not arguing whether those mechs should have been nerfed or not, or if the nerf actually accomplished anything or not...

#12 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

I really want to get my hands on some group size data. Browsing the CW pages, it seems a lot of the more competitive units are running the clans, though I could be wrong.

Are the IS throwing more hapless PUGS into the 12 man meat grinder?

GAH, CW must suck to balance based on match results. So many variables. I REALLY WANT THE DATA! FOR SCIENCE.

Maybe i'll pester Russ and Tina.

#13 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

you forgot they nerfed hard two of four god clan mechs. Making them still very good.

Fixed that for ya.

View PostKiiyor, on 27 May 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

I really want to get my hands on some group size data. Browsing the CW pages, it seems a lot of the more competitive units are running the clans, though I could be wrong.

Are the IS throwing more hapless PUGS into the 12 man meat grinder?

GAH, CW must suck to balance based on match results. So many variables. I REALLY WANT THE DATA! FOR SCIENCE.

Maybe i'll pester Russ and Tina.

Said it a million times so why not once more? CW has a lot of maps with open space where clan erll outclasses everything due to range. Those med laser quirks sure are nice.. at med range. Course by then you are fairly well stripped.

#14 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 27 May 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Most of the competitive units are effectively faction-less, and tend to swap between factions according to some set (internal) rotation or where the CBills are.

Between the weekend event and the recent CBill payout increase, it makes sense that many would shift to clans right now.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 27 May 2015 - 06:34 PM.

#15 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

250 for IS and 240 for clan was fine, I'd even go as far as 230 for clan and 250 for IS.

I play CW on the clan side now but I've been Innersphere and I think forcing people out of the TBR SCRx3 drop decks would go a long way towards a better balance.

#16 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

Apparently if all your comp groups join IS, IS rolls the clans.

Conversely if you put an event in to play CW that basically increases CW population exponentially and that event encourages clan play, clans take planets.

I know, it's crazy; I'm as baffled as you are. Obviously they should increase the IS dropdeck by 500 tons to make up for it.

#17 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, Clans or IS isn't really the debate currently as both sides have mechs with advantages / disadvantages.

The usefulness of each faction is roughly the same. Co-ordination is the predominate determining factor.

Clans get a slight advantage from having ECM heavy with good hard points / damage to weight ratio. IS gets better laser use (which is quite important in CW). Both sides cannot really use 100 T's all that well due to weight restrictions (which helps IS as direwhale > crabby > fatlass.) That will be balanced a bit when clan gets its new light.

right now I think its basically 50 / 50. I am a little worried artic cheater may swing the advantage a touch more to clan side of things - as IS doesn't have streak 6's to deal with it.

View PostProject_Mercy, on 27 May 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Conversely if you put an event in to play CW that basically increases CW population exponentially and that event encourages clan play, clans take planets.

I know, it's crazy; I'm as baffled as you are. Obviously they should increase the IS dropdeck by 500 tons to make up for it.

that's what I was talking about at the start. I don't see why PGI changed 250 / 240 because IS had taken 10 planets, when it wasn't due to IS mechs, it was simply due to population swings.

so I was asking - very tounge in cheek, if it was going to swap back again to 250 / 240 now that clans were taking planets.

All in all just a light hearted laugh at PGI for changing the weight, when this latest event proves that weight wasn't the issue to begin with.

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:57 PM

nerfed hard?

lolololololol.

Nerfed Wrong, but hardly "nerfed hard".

#19 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostProject_Mercy, on 27 May 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

AWWWWW YIIISSSSS

Drop deck:
Atlas DDC
Atlas DDC
Atlas DDC
Atlas DDC

3 more Atlas DDC and a Cicada 3C for lulz?

Wait a second, it's like you exagerated that number on purpose. You can't bring more then 400 tons!

In all seriousness though, I hope they dont do anything really drastic until the "new" CW game modes or whatever Russ was going on about are put in. At this point they should be looking at heat maps and just observing the "elite" exploit... I mean "optimized tactics" to see what needs to be adjusted.

#20 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostElizander, on 27 May 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

Let's not play with the drop deck tonnage so much. It can hit new players hard if they build for 250t with their initial playtime/cbills then you invalidate their efforts by dropping it back to 240t.

Not everyone here has 50-200 mechs they can play around with.

You're very right... but you're forgetting that CW isn't ment for players that don't have the mechs to adjust for it. CW is ment as END GAME content.

Yes yes, you can argue all day that CW should be all inclusive blah blah blah.

but CW is the "Big boys" playground... Either bring enough toys to last it out, or go play in the kiddy pool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users