Eject - Deal Breaker

14 replies to this topic

#1 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

They need to add the eject sequence very soon.
You are not supposed to die when your Mech is destroyed.
Otherwise how could you jump in another and head out again.
But the feel is all death.
The game feels more like a FPS blood sport than a Mechwarrior game.
And I have played every PC Mech game there is... and thats what I want, a Mech game.
I dont want to feel like I just killed someone or I just got killed.

Every other PC Mech game I can recall had the Eject video sequence and we need it back and we need it now. The feel of a game is very important and the Eject sequence will go a long way in making it better.

... for all you guys who think this is a good venue for you to prove what a tough guy you are... I know you will, go on, flame on my QQ.

Edited by FrontGuard, 28 May 2015 - 07:40 PM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostBurktross, on 28 May 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

[redacted]

I think he meant an animation of your pilot ejecting when you die.
You know? Fo immurhsion

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 28 May 2015 - 05:58 PM.
Unconstructive quote

#3 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostBurktross, on 28 May 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Hold k...?
K as in K-Town, of course.
Where I surmise this thread is going.

you get a kick out of taking a big dump on someones idea?
remove your vile post please.
If you have a comment fine.

#4 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostFrontGuard, on 28 May 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

you get a kick out of taking a big dump on someones idea?
remove your vile post please.
If you have a comment fine.

No, I get a kick out of your supposition that this isn't a mech game because there's no ejecting.
Hell, it took Juodas's post here...

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

I think he meant an animation of your pilot ejecting when you die.
You know? Fo immurhsion

...To convey the fact you wanted animations for immersions, which I agree with. But your calling MWO a "blood sport game" and declaring MWO to not be a mech game (by conclusion of "thats what I want, a Mech game.") on this petty topic is best described as 'ridonkulous'.

Perhaps English is just not your first or a fluent language, and I'm sorry if that's the case, because you sound so gosh darn silly. :P

Edited by Burktross, 28 May 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#5 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Unless my cockpit is destroyed; yes! I want an eject animation!

Optionally: to hold K and eject in non-CW games. There are many cases of "you shall not take me alive": leaving the boundary, overheating, intentional falling to break legs and in extreme cases hiding and powering down (very annoying if the pilot is the last mechwarrior alive and his/her teammates already left).
So, why not enable ejecting? The more equipment is left undamaged on dead mechs, the bigger the salvage bonus, too.

Again; primary concern would be the animation; just like in the trailer :D

#6 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

View PostUthael, on 28 May 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

Unless my cockpit is destroyed; yes! I want an eject animation!

Optionally: to hold K and eject in non-CW games. There are many cases of "you shall not take me alive": leaving the boundary, overheating, intentional falling to break legs and in extreme cases hiding and powering down (very annoying if the pilot is the last mechwarrior alive and his/her teammates already left).
So, why not enable ejecting? The more equipment is left undamaged on dead mechs, the bigger the salvage bonus, too.

Again; primary concern would be the animation; just like in the trailer :D

please no solo queue, it just deprives people of cbills needlessly and get's rid of, although minimally, able to compete mechs.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostBurktross, on 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

please no solo queue, it just deprives people of cbills needlessly and get's rid of, although minimally, able to compete mechs.

This.
We already have people who will hide or even cook themselves off to deny the enemy the kill.
We don't need anything like that. However, a simple animation of your pilot grabbing the handle between his legs and pulling it (i'm not talking about his penis right now, honest governor!) and seeing your pilot eject, would be nice.

But I don't feel it'd be worth the development time.

#8 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostBurktross, on 28 May 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

No, I get a kick out of your supposition that this isn't a mech game because there's no ejecting.
Hell, it took Juodas's post here...

...To convey the fact you wanted animations for immersions, which I agree with. But your calling MWO a "blood sport game" and declaring MWO to not be a mech game (by conclusion of "thats what I want, a Mech game.") on this petty topic is best described as 'ridonkulous'.

Perhaps English is just not your first or a fluent language, and I'm sorry if that's the case, because you sound so gosh darn silly. :P

1) I never said it was not a Mech game... In fact I compaired it to "Other" Mech games.
You did not even read my post. You were just interested in dumping your negetivity.
2) And again I did not call MWO a blood sport I said it "feels more like a FPS blood sport than a Mech game"
If you played any of the other PC Mech games you would know what I was talking about.
But No... because you are very likely a narcissistic egomaniac you spewed out your bile befor understanding what you just read.

Stick to cartoons... you dont have to read as much.

#9 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

Well, yeah, I agree that there should be an eject animation... but then again.. mechs used to SERIOUSLY blow up upon death.. what happened to that?

Why yu no give mini-nuke boom on die? :-)

An animation would bring more immersion. An animation would feel more realistic.

Also: Side suggestion..

Let our mechs explode in a glorious fireball that damages like say.. an artillary strike when we volountariliy eject in CW matches.. so 3...2...1.... BOOM!

P.S.

BOOM?

Yes mister Longbottom... BOOM! :-)

Edited by Vellron2005, 29 May 2015 - 03:23 AM.

#10 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostFrontGuard, on 28 May 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

1) I never said it was not a Mech game... In fact I compaired it to "Other" Mech games.
You did not even read my post. You were just interested in dumping your negetivity.
2) And again I did not call MWO a blood sport I said it "feels more like a FPS blood sport than a Mech game"
If you played any of the other PC Mech games you would know what I was talking about.
But No... because you are very likely a narcissistic egomaniac you spewed out your bile befor understanding what you just read.

Stick to cartoons... you dont have to read as much.

You're absolutely hilarious. I'm sorry that you cant formulate and convey ideas clearly and have to get mad about it.
Word of advice, replace the whole post with:
¨The lack of an actual ejecting animation creates a distinct lack of immersion, making it seem like you've died rather than ejected. PGI should work on an ejection animation to create better immersion in this way.¨
And you might avoid future confusion as opposed to calling it bloodsport and saying things that imply it isnt a mech game because of one simple aesthetic.

#11 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostBurktross, on 29 May 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

¨The lack of an actual ejecting animation creates a distinct lack of immersion, making it seem like you've died rather than ejected. PGI should work on an ejection animation to create better immersion in this way.¨

Wow... dude... that's very well said.
I wish I did say it like that (not sarcastic)
Thank you

P.S.
It was that horrible photo you posted that got me mad... nothing you said.

Edited by FrontGuard, 29 May 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#12 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostFrontGuard, on 29 May 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

Wow... dude... that's very well said.
I wish I did say it like that (not sarcastic)
Thank you

P.S.
It was that horrible photo you posted that got me mad... nothing you said.

You mean "wat"?
How is that horrible?

#13 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

noo, but it could be nice addition.

#14 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostBurktross, on 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Well right now we got people running out of bounds and overheating overiding themself.

which is even worse because doing that damages the mech more (sometimes a lot) and thus the enemy team gets less C-bills from Salvage bonus.

K'ing out in solo will do nothing but have a major buff in the salvage bonus. I welcome the idea of ejecting being in solo que for all mechs but the hunchback which would be a bail out (if you haven't learned, Hunchie doesn't have eject in lore, you have to manually climb out and get away)

#15 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:32 AM

i would like if this game became a little slower and more like a simulation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users