147 replies to this topic

#41 Christo Jam

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:13 PM

Good event in coming ! I come back this week-end. :ph34r: :excl: :ph34r:

Edited by Christo Jam, 28 May 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#42 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

Crappy CBill and other rewards, no parallel CW Challenge, a meaningless poll at the end of it all.

Son I is disappoint.

#43 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

I would like to see more challenges where I can get points in CW as well. Not that I wont enjoy the challenge, it's just, I spend my CW time playing solo queue these events.

~Leone

#44 DigiEXE

• PipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:46 AM

So Founders, Phoenix /AND/ Resistance gets non-CW event based events /AND/ get to Poll things. Whilst people who bought the Clan packages had a CW event and didn't get anything to do with polls? What the actual ****, PGI?

Good event and all will take part in it regardless.

But seriously why are you guys ******** on the clan players so much? First a more expensive package which was Wave III which has a lot less content then the Resistance II package which is cheaper then Wave III but has about double the content then Clans.

#45 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

View PostCycKath, on 28 May 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

Technically we already had a Urbie challenge shortly after the trashcan came out. Wouldn't say no to another though I guess.

Yes, anyone who loves the Urbie is mentally challenged and I love to kill Urbies, so the more the merrier!

View PostAppogee, on 28 May 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

Crappy CBill and other rewards, no parallel CW Challenge, a meaningless poll at the end of it all.

Son I is disappoint.

Son, I is happy, no CW, no armchair general who is only is a great leader in his own mind giving me orders to repeatedly commit suicide.

Edited by Ed Steele, 29 May 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#46 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

where can i listen to how that 'kickers' warhorn sounds?

#47 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:00 AM

View PostParaDevik, on 29 May 2015 - 12:46 AM, said:

But seriously why are you guys ******** on the clan players so much? First a more expensive package which was Wave III which has a lot less content then the Resistance II package which is cheaper then Wave III but has about double the content then Clans.

Let me get this straight: You actually think that the meaningless vote and a leaderboard which only gives real rewards to a total of 40 players are better than up to 600 MC, loyalty boost medaillon, larger amount of CBs and dozens of planets?

Really, Commander?

#48 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:03 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 29 May 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

where can i listen to how that 'kickers' warhorn sounds?

I can put one on one of my resistance mechs and you will hear it at least once per game :-) It is one of the better warhorns in my opinion.

Edited by Ed Steele, 29 May 2015 - 01:03 AM.

#49 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:14 AM

View Postwfischer, on 28 May 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Then they should allow us to sell the prize consumables for C-Bills. Either solution is fine with me.

They should not need to do anything. A prize is a prize as they see fit.

View PostAppogee, on 28 May 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

Son I is disappoint.

Leaderboard challenge if you are game :D

#50 DigiEXE

• PipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:15 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 29 May 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Let me get this straight: You actually think that the meaningless vote and a leaderboard which only gives real rewards to a total of 40 players are better than up to 600 MC, loyalty boost medaillon, larger amount of CBs and dozens of planets?

Really, Commander?

leaderboard has been in all the events thus far. The vote thing is important because that helps drive direction. Founders got to chose what map will get the redesign after River City. Phoenix was giving the choice if their package was available again. Clans didn't get to decide **** and Resistance gets to chose what will be the first champion mechs from there packages.

#51 Christo Jam

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:16 AM

All warhorn sound here ;) https://soundcloud.com/mechwarrior

#52 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostParaDevik, on 29 May 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

and Resistance gets to chose what will be the first champion mechs from there packages.

And I reiterate the question: Do you really think this is better than the rewards from the last event? It's not even going to decide whether there are going to be Champion Mechs, just which one comes first. As I said: I'm not even going to bother trying to contribute.

#53 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 May 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Viva la Resistance! The Founder, Phoenix, Clan, and Gold pilots have earned their glory; now it's time for the Inner Sphere Resistance pilots to show their metal.

If you want to see my metal I expect you to buy me a drink first.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 29 May 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#54 Aesthir

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:58 AM

The rewards for the events like these need to be things you can't normally earn by just playing the game. MC, Mech Bays, GXP (to some extent), champion mechs, paint colors, camo patterns, etc.

Normal consumables and C-bill packages do not a proper reward package make.

I'm at the point with this game where I can only play a single match before getting bored and quitting out. There's no GOALS to reach and no CONTENT to see so there's no REASON to play.

The real money prices for mechs and paints are still insanely high (quite literally insane, since the cost of two single variants of a mech is more than a newly-released AAA game!) so there's no reason to drop money on anything.

PGI really needs to re-sell me and players like me on this game. It's not hard. Just come up with a reason engaging enough that I want to play for 30min to 1hr at a time without getting so bored at the thought of grinding a new mech or waiting around in queues that I start to fantasize about cleaning my kitchen instead of playing a game.

#55 Templar 14

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:19 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 May 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

Don't worry I bet we will get one when Resistance 2 drops. Frankly, having only 1 mech in each class to choose from to get points is kind of a drag...

The one mech you refer to only counts towards the "Kills" tally; you can use any mech to get points.

#56 Templar 14

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostTemplar 14, on 29 May 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

The one mech you refer to only counts towards the "Kills" tally; you can use any mech to get points.

Oh yes, and the Leaderboard Challenge if you are so inclined!

#57 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:42 AM

Guess I will take a break from the Witcher 3 and power up the fusion reactors

Do not care enough to try for a leaderboard but will go for the 20

#58 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:42 AM

So, as I own the Resistance II package but not the Resistance I package, do I still get the bonus items for Resistance owners? Because... I am one.

#59 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:48 AM

Having been through all the various incarnations of events and leader boards two stand out as best.

CW events group solo anything goes.

On arena maps only solo drops count.

Events that let everyone have a chance at winning a few MC, (Not just numbers 1-5 on the leader boards, of which the wolverine pilot winner from the Pheonix event, got a life ban for cheating) like the invasion event, last weekend.

I played my (I) mech had 600 mc in the bank, looked at it thought two mech bays, or four in sales, well I can grind those in CW, and in the end for the FIRST, time in over a year, dipped into my pocket and bought MC after saying I would not do again, and put some camo on some clan mechs from the first wave, taking adavantage of the sale,where I'd missed the early rewards. If an event like this was done with a sale in IS faction colours I would likely do it again, as I ain't paying 1500mc for faction paints, but I might well kit out most my Is mechs if the cost is going to be at most 1000mc

Events that encourage you to stay until the end.

I'm not usually a clan player in my infrequent trips to CW, but I was bitterly disappointed that CW became a wasteland again once everyone had done enough to get their presents.

This event I'm likely to be one of those going, I have to say I don't really care what Champion mech comes first, as I will never buy one, and all will end up championed sooner or later, and those that really want the mechs have probably got them and have them elited already.

I'm not going to give up hours of my weekend to get in the top 50 in my grasshopper or enforcer for a few extra consumables, I know where my ability level is and I will never hit the sweet top five places, I could possibly, if I sell my soul make a top 25 spot, to get 2000GXP of which I don't need as I've maxed all the modules.

It needs to be something that effects people each time they drop.
I do like the way PGI is trying to engage everyone, and giving these voting options, but it needs to be something worth while.

The Pheonix pack vote, was way, way, to contentious.
Picking a champion mech feels rather meh, why bother.

The map vote for the founders felt just about right, its a choice that's going to effect everyone playing, not just a few, and if you want to give the community choices in the game development, then I think its going to get everyone buzzing.

I remember the post Russ put here over a year ago, where we had a choice of do I buff SRM's or do we tweak the game and nearly everyone went BUFF THE GODDAMN missiles.

Being allowed to do things like this, engages nearly every ones attention.

On a personal note

Now voting for the next HERO mech would grab my attention the fact I have a hero for my Griffin, my Shadowhawk, but not my Wolverine, makes my OCD twitch..

Edited by Cathy, 29 May 2015 - 03:59 AM.

#60 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

Is there a IS Mech sale with this contest ?

If not.....why ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users