• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

Hello,
I've played a hell lot of MWO and I wanted to share my experience with you (new comers) to make sure you don't spend money on something you won't like. Of course it's mainly opinions but it should help you choose.

Ask questions if you are concerned about certain chassis. People here are usualy very helpful.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

While I think this has some good analysis on mechs in general. I think you might want to focus more on which mechs are best for a new player, and why.

(For example, the HBK chassis is considered the best starter mech, along with the Shadowhawk)

#3 Vlaitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 28 May 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

While I think this has some good analysis on mechs in general. I think you might want to focus more on which mechs are best for a new player, and why.

(For example, the HBK chassis is considered the best starter mech, along with the Shadowhawk)

I totally agree with you, thou I wanted to keep the reviews broader for people who have already tried some mechs and wanted to know a bit about their next purchase. I have to say that I am completely with you for the HBK, excellent mech!

#4 Dfeeds

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

I want to add (as a new player) that going for a good, but expensive mech might not be the best choice. I snagged a timberwolf with the sale and my cadet bonus, only to find out that to unlock the master skills I needed to buy two note chassis. Needless to say, it's going to be a long grind before I can get my speed boost.

#5 Vlaitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostDfeeds, on 28 May 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

I want to add (as a new player) that going for a good, but expensive mech might not be the best choice. I snagged a timberwolf with the sale and my cadet bonus, only to find out that to unlock the master skills I needed to buy two note chassis. Needless to say, it's going to be a long grind before I can get my speed boost.

True, I'd rather make the required XP to be three times higher than having to buy 3 chassis. Weird Concept from MWO. The Premium time might be a good option. But don't worry, the timber wolf will get you a lot of xp and money quickly.

#6 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostVlaitor, on 28 May 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

I have to say that I am completely with you for the HBK, excellent mech!

Not for a long time really... so outdated and lose the hunch rapidly now.

#7 Dfeeds

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

Haha, maybe. It was serving me great at first but then it seemed like my srms were shooting pebbles and I ended up rage quitting.

#8 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

View PostHimseIf, on 28 May 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Actually, I still contend it's the best mech to start people with. Hear me out:

1- It's affordable

2- The SP is the first mech that any player should by first. It doesn't have the hunches to worry about, and has most weapon types.

3- The Hunchback is landbound, so players don't need to worry about JJs yet.

4- The hunchback is extremely nimble. The mech moves well, but it's torso twist range, and speed are amazing. It will help a pilot learn how to move the mech around properly.

5- Once done with the SP the pilot can move on to literally any other variant, and pick up torso twisting, properly.

6- With the HBK fully elited, there is no mech the pilot can't handle afterwards, and ones with JJs will be just fine to use.

#9 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostHimseIf, on 28 May 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Have you played them since they got quirked? the hunch has more armor than a thunder bolt, and higher structure too, and the t-bolt is considered one tough mech and one of the most tanky innersphere mechs.. If you are losing your hunch first now a days, you are playing the HBK wrong.

In fact the hunch has so much armor on it, and boosted internal structure, i will often use it to soak damage, unlike before quirks, where you always saved it for last. The 4SP, has armor and structure spilt between both right and left torso, and carries more armor/structure than the 55-60 ton mechs.

I love it when people take HBK's for granted as easy hunch kills.. makes my job a lot easier.. which is why i have heard more than once.. Won't that darn HBK die!!!!

Edited by JC Daxion, 29 May 2015 - 08:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users