11 replies to this topic

#1 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hey forum readers, i made a new build on the kit fox which seems to be quite nice after using it a few times

the build can be viewed on smufy here:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4b5c833e22aaf22

But for those afraid of links:
equips:
201 Armor
5 C-Machine guns with 3 tons of ammo
2 C-ER medium lasers
1 C-SRM 6 with 2 tons of ammo
Targeting computer MK1
Clan active Probe
6 Jump jets

Omnipods:

Head - Prime (9)
Cenre Torso - Prime (36/4)
Right Arm - Prime (20)
Right Torso - S (26/2)
Left Torso - S (26/2)
Left Arm - C (20)
Left Leg - S (28)
Right Leg - S (28)

I just called it the assault fox because i didnt know what else to call this thing, it holds a powerful 46 firepower with 1.34 Heat management and also has exceptional jumping ability.

Try it out, see what you think, if ya already have a kitfox its pretty cheap and pretty effecting build considering, the key is try and find isolated targets who are distracted, the firepower on this little fox can really turn tables against them, and if their mech is open then those machine guns will make short work of their insides, especially when paired with the rest of its arsenal.

Originally came with 2 extra heat sinks instead of a spare ton of each ammo.

#2 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

That's better than a good portion of heavy mechs.

#3 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

I've been running my 'Upgraded Ember' build for a bit. Not quite the mix of weapons you have, but 4xMPL and 4xMGs are brutal although really hot running. The SplatFox is always another option and of course it has a StreakFox variation (Forgot the CAP, so it can also be SplatFox CAP).

Edited by Shadey99, 28 May 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#4 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

i don't like that 5 mgs idea
i mean you can get 4 mgs and ecm or 5 mgs and no ecm
do you think that 1 mg is better than ecm? seriously

also kit fox sometimes can 1v1 an uncored assault in a frontal attack... you should be either very lucky or that assault should be a lurm one :3

#5 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 28 May 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

i don't like that 5 mgs idea
i mean you can get 4 mgs and ecm or 5 mgs and no ecm
do you think that 1 mg is better than ecm? seriously

also kit fox sometimes can 1v1 an uncored assault in a frontal attack... you should be either very lucky or that assault should be a lurm one :3

you seem to have completely ignored the fact that the right arm has both a machine gun AND an SRM6 in it...

#6 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

View Poststalima, on 29 May 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

you seem to have completely ignored the fact that the right arm has both a machine gun AND an SRM6 in it...

well the ecm arm can have ecm and, say, ppc or lpl

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 29 May 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#7 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

Try 4 MGs (1.5 tons ammo?) + 2CERMLs + 2 ASRM6s (2 tons amo), with 2 jjs
Higher Fire power by a SRM6, lose 1 MG so really no downside or reason not too.

Also its not 46 Fire power MGs dont translate properly into the fire power equasion*. They certianly arent worth a value of 4 per, as its saying they are...

#8 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

While I do carry ECM on 2 of my Kit Foxes, I feel ECM is a tad overrated... It's good at making it more difficult to identify mechs and good at covering from LRM fire in the open, but it's not the only option. Not every build needs to carry it and builds that chose not to can carry heavier firepower by increasing the possible hardpoints you can use.

#9 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

yeah, dontor is right imo
if you want to ditch ecm and use srm-6, kfx-d right arm with two missile slots would be better

p.s. btw it was their 3333rd post :3

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 29 May 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#10 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 29 May 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

Try 4 MGs (1.5 tons ammo?) + 2CERMLs + 2 ASRM6s (2 tons amo), with 2 jjs
Higher Fire power by a SRM6, lose 1 MG so really no downside or reason not too.

Also its not 46 Fire power MGs dont translate properly into the fire power equasion*. They certianly arent worth a value of 4 per, as its saying they are...

except your now sacrificing the mobility of the 6 jjs... and likely giving up both your target computer and CAP

#11 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

View Poststalima, on 29 May 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

except your now sacrificing the mobility of the 6 jjs... and likely giving up both your target computer and CAP

2 JJs on the KFX is plenty, 6 is 2 more tons that you could use in weaponry. You are right about the CAP and T COMP tho, but a T COMP for only 2 lasers isnt really worth it for me, but snce there arent any SSRMs on the build I would take the T COMP over the CAP.
I understand the ablity to target mechs nearly instantly is useful with both CAP + T COMP, but target info gathering should suffice when the fire power is that much better.
2 x ASRM6 is basically as close as clan can get to an AC-20 and thats how I use it.

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 29 May 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

yeah, dontor is right imo
if you want to ditch ecm and use srm-6, kfx-d right arm with two missile slots would be better

p.s. btw it was their 3333rd post :3

nice, good catch on the 3333!

#12 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

there is one more thing you aint accounting for and that is longevity, one ton of SRM ammo each wont last all that long considering, and if you miss thats gonna cripple you, and yes, i have ran out of ammo before which becomes problematic, my kitfox only gets ammo issues when its had to fire for extended periods of time.

mine essentially has a better total damage output and is only ARGUABLY slower at doing it, the extra thrust on those jump jets allows you to perform feats otherwise unavailable to a 2 jet fox such as quickly jumping over a building or mech to evade fire and climbing much taller obstacles, this in turn allows it to engage in situations that would otherwise get your kitfox destroyed and that target time also comes in very handy for this.

All in all, my jump jets are not just there to climb slight bumps in the ground, they are there for assault and positioning, as a light mech i want it to move quickly and that includes up not to mention those legs are tougher than the others too

Edited by stalima, 29 May 2015 - 03:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users