Support Services Update!

33 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
It's been just over 6 months since the last community-wide Support Services update, so it's time again for a quick update on the current state of Support services, along with some of our recent changes and what you might see from Support in the future.
New Technical Support Representative
If you've submitted a technical support ticket recently, you may have already met the newest member of the Piranha Games Support Team. If not, it's time to formally introduce our new Technical Support Representative, Bobby Jubraj! Bobby started with us just over a month ago, and now that he's had some time to settle in you'll start to see more of him here and on the forums. Technical Support comprises the largest bulk of the tickets we receive, so the addition of Bobby to the team has already and will continue to help improve Support efficiency and response times across the board.
The current state of Support Services
Number of tickets: 1158
Average Response Time: 8 Days
Overall Satisfaction rating: 92%
First and foremost, improving our response time is currently our greatest priority. We have taken steps over the last few months to help improve that time, but continued improvements are needed.
Back in November, we disabled the site-based ticket submission portal due to some issues with the submission and tracking of those tickets. We later replaced the single support@mwomercs.com support address with six distinct addresses, sorted by support category, in an effort to improve organization and response time. These six addresses prevent us from having to manually sort tickets as they come in, which means we can dedicate more of our time actually responding to those tickets.
The removal of the ticket portal and the creation of those unique support addresses were temporary (and necessary) measures to resolve some pressing issues over the short-term. However, we realize the current e-mail based system is still not as efficient as it should be. For one thing, the current system does not provide you with a means for checking the current status of your tickets. Looking back through your ticket history also requires that you manually search through your e-mail account, rather than having a single, functional portal through which to quickly view your ticket history.
This leads us to our next topic....
MechWarrior Online Knowledge Base and Support Portal
As you may have noticed, MechWarrior Online does not currently have an official, user-accessible Knowledge Base in place. We realize this is a fairly significant gap in our services, so we've been working on a comprehensive MechWarrior Online Knowledge Base to fill this gap. This Knowledge Base will be comprised of a range of articles covering as many aspects of MechWarrior Online as possible, such as gameplay mechanics and common technical questions or troubleshooting steps.
A vital component of this Knowledge Base is that it will also tie directly into an entirely new Support Portal, through which you'll be able to submit, track, and reply to Support tickets.
We don't have a solid ETA for release just yet, but keep an eye out for future updates on the planned simultaneous release of our Knowledge Base and Support Portal!
"Too Long, Didn't Read" Summary
  • We have a new Technical Support Representative!
  • Response and Resolution Times are not what they should be. Improving these two areas are currently the greatest priorities.
  • The ticket submission and tracking Support Portal will return.
  • That portal will be tied directly into a comprehensive MechWarrior Online Knowledge Base.
  • The release date of the Support Portal and KB is still TBA.
See you on the battlefield, MechWarriors.
Alexander Garden
Customer Support Lead
Current 'Mech: Panther PNT-9R [Smurfy Link]

#2 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

8 days huh? Waiting for an adequate reply to my latest since 12th February. But ok, I'll play ball ... submitted one just today, lets see how fast that'll be answered.

#3 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

Last item I needed cleared up took less than 24 hours, was a simple one and the new guy did well.

#4 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

Looks good overall. I really look forward to seeing this Knowledge Base and everything it will cover. Any chance we'll get an announcement of concepts or topics that'll be included, or that are currently slated for including?

Overall my few needs to contact support have always received quick, prompt replies and excellent service. Thank you for the work you do and look forward to seeing the improvements of the future.

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 29 May 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

8 days huh? Waiting for an adequate reply to my latest since 12th February. But ok, I'll play ball ... submitted one just today, lets see how fast that'll be answered.

1. There's a huge difference between an "adequate reply" and getting a response.

2. No idea what your ticket is about, and maybe you have a legitimate complaint; but whenever I see a comment like getting an "adequate reply" the first thought that pops into my head is, "I'm not getting the reply I WANT!"

3. Depending on what you're emailing about, you might not get a reply at all. For Example: "Moderation" isn't going to tell you the results of an investigation and/or punishments meted out; and "Feedback" even states that 99.9% of the time you're not getting a reply, because it's just supposed to be for feedback.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostSereglach, on 29 May 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

1. There's a huge difference between an "adequate reply" and getting a response.

2. No idea what your ticket is about, and maybe you have a legitimate complaint; but whenever I see a comment like getting an "adequate reply" the first thought that pops into my head is, "I'm not getting the reply I WANT!"

3. Depending on what you're emailing about, you might not get a reply at all. For Example: "Moderation" isn't going to tell you the results of an investigation and/or punishments meted out; and "Feedback" even states that 99.9% of the time you're not getting a reply, because it's just supposed to be for feedback.

Support is there to solve our problems. If my problem isn't solved, support didn't do its job. Generic "blah blah blah we'll look into it" answer isn't gonna cut it. I mean, if its 8 days to get a meaningless confirmation they recieved my ticket ... well, they should say so in this announcement and not decieve people that they can get anything done in 8 days.

I believe I still got a few support tickets open since closed beta. And no, those weren't feedback or whatever.

#6 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Great to hear we're finally getting a Knowledge Base. I hope it includes not just game mechanics but a primer on BattleTech Lore for new players who aren't familiar with it. Even just links to specific articles on Sarna.Net regarding the Factions, the 'mechs and some of the history would do the job.

#7 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Thx for the update - the info portal will be of tremendous help indeed.

#8 Bobby Jubraj

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

Hey guys,

I'm super excited to finally be formally introduced to everyone! Our number one goal right now is to try and get back to all of you amazing folks as soon as humanly possible so I'm going to do my darndest(!) to make sure we reach those goals. Also a short message to all of you that have a ticket that you sent in a while ago that hasn't had any response at all: We haven't forgotten about you! I'm working my way through those as well and I'm going to make sure everybody gets a response.

I look forward to not only helping you guys get MWO up and running, but also getting to know you all better as you're some of the most devoted and hardcore fans I've seen!

Take care and always remember:

Posted Image

#9 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

I just have one word....FINALLY!

#10 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 29 May 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

Support is there to solve our problems. If my problem isn't solved, support didn't do its job. Generic "blah blah blah we'll look into it" answer isn't gonna cut it. I mean, if its 8 days to get a meaningless confirmation they recieved my ticket ... well, they should say so in this announcement and not decieve people that they can get anything done in 8 days.

I believe I still got a few support tickets open since closed beta. And no, those weren't feedback or whatever.

Thank you, you made my point for me. You had problems that weren't solved the way you specifically want them solved, so you're bitter about it; and you'll probably be bitter about them until they're solved exactly how you want them solved . . . even if it's unreasonable and/or not possible. Got it.

View PostBobby Jubraj, on 29 May 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

*snip*

Awesome stuff. Glad to hear from you and welcome to the community. I hope things work out great for you.

Edited by Sereglach, 29 May 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#11 Daevien

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

Hmm, an IT Crowd reference immediately? He passes the test!

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

I have always been happen with Pgi support. .

#13 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostBobby Jubraj, on 29 May 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I'm super excited to finally be formally introduced to everyone! Our number one goal right now is to try and get back to all of you amazing folks as soon as humanly possible so I'm going to do my darndest(!) to make sure we reach those goals. Also a short message to all of you that have a ticket that you sent in a while ago that hasn't had any response at all: We haven't forgotten about you! I'm working my way through those as well and I'm going to make sure everybody gets a response.

I look forward to not only helping you guys get MWO up and running, but also getting to know you all better as you're some of the most devoted and hardcore fans I've seen!

Take care and always remember:

Posted Image

Welcome to the asylum. Meatloaf is served on Wednesdays and all inmates are allowed 2 hours of outside time a day. Workouts are not required, but monthly showers are. Leaving your designated cubicle without permission may be punished with 5 hours of gameplay in an lrm boat.

Enjoy your stay. :P

#14 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostSereglach, on 29 May 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

Thank you, you made my point for me. You had problems that weren't solved the way you specifically want them solved, so you're bitter about it; and you'll probably be bitter about them until they're solved exactly how you want them solved . . . even if it's unreasonable and/or not possible. Got it.

Look white knight ... problems weren't solved in any way, they weren't even acknowledged. I got a reply asking if I was happy with the way my ticket has been solved 48 days after I submitted it with absolutely no communication in between and absolutely nothing done about the issue as well. If you think this is an appropriate way to solve support tickets, well ...

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 29 May 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Ok, fun part ... I got a reply (an actual adequate manually written reply) to a ticket I submitted today in about 7 hours after I did it. Still nowhere near to give me the benefit of doubt considering previous 3 years of horrendous support, but it might be a start ... or it might not. We'll see.

#15 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

Support is always rough. People who know the industry understands that there are just some people who make it hellish (and you're just trying to help) while others will understand the frustration of working with people who are trying to help but who cannot work magic.

Good luck with everything, and welcome to the new employee. Many of us realize how hard it is to keep a small unit let alone company together so thank you PGI for continuing work on a wonderful and growing game.

(Will there be a new long term road map be part of the recent communication?

#16 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostSereglach, on 29 May 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Looks good overall. I really look forward to seeing this Knowledge Base and everything it will cover. Any chance we'll get an announcement of concepts or topics that'll be included, or that are currently slated for including?

Overall my few needs to contact support have always received quick, prompt replies and excellent service. Thank you for the work you do and look forward to seeing the improvements of the future.

Actually I am on a similar boat as poster you replied to.. I sent a new one to try to get an earlier one resolved (Mar 15), which did not get anything except reply that it was received, and notice it would be closed (I tried replying to keep alive, but it was autoclosed for some reason)
This latest is dated April 15 and only thing recieved for it that they have backlog and it will delay... well it has definately been more than 8 days :(

#17 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 29 May 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Look white knight ... problems weren't solved in any way, they weren't even acknowledged. I got a reply asking if I was happy with the way my ticket has been solved 48 days after I submitted it with absolutely no communication in between and absolutely nothing done about the issue as well. If you think this is an appropriate way to solve support tickets, well ...

Ok, fun part ... I got a reply (an actual adequate manually written reply) to a ticket I submitted today in about 7 hours after I did it. Still nowhere near to give me the benefit of doubt considering previous 3 years of horrendous support, but it might be a start ... or it might not. We'll see.

Again, you personally are doing an amazing job of confirming the point I made about you earlier. Now, as for the legitimacy of the rest of the stuff you're posting about, I think there's a few things you need to consider and reevaluate about where you're standing:

1. All that closed beta stuff you're crying about . . . the stuff from ages ago . . . was handled by IGP before the separation. You're not even giving the new people the benefit of the doubt on any of the old stuff. You're still holding it against PGI.

2. 92% satisfaction rate, and they're already admitting that stuff needs to improve. Not everything is going to be perfect, no matter how much your sense of entitlement thinks it should be. You can call it being a "white knight" all you want, but being happy that they're trying to improve things isn't any sort of monumental standing.

3. Have you resubmitted the ticket and stated you fell through the cracks, like the next guy I quote, or have you just sat around bitterly over it?

4. What was your issue before the tickets were closed? Was it a bug that got fixed and applied to patch notes? Was it something that's listed in a FAQ? or Patch Feedback? Sometimes the reason something doesn't get a response is because the answer is already in front of you, you just didn't look at it or for it.

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 29 May 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Actually I am on a similar boat as poster you replied to.. I sent a new one to try to get an earlier one resolved (Mar 15), which did not get anything except reply that it was received, and notice it would be closed (I tried replying to keep alive, but it was autoclosed for some reason)
This latest is dated April 15 and only thing recieved for it that they have backlog and it will delay... well it has definately been more than 8 days :(

Yes, well, there's a difference here. You seem to have a legitimate concern and issue that your ticket wasn't answered, and fell through the cracks. You've politely resubmitted a ticket without screaming and crying. You're not screaming with this sense of entitlement that, "This ticket wasn't answered the way I want it to be answered so your CS STINKS!"

Therefore, hopefully the resubmitted ticket is answered and you get the help you're looking for, to the best of their ability.

Edited by Sereglach, 29 May 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#18 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

How do all of you have bad customer service I have had all my tickets ever answered within a day. This is 2 years now and I have never had a ticket go more than 48 hours without a reply.

#19 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostTool Box, on 29 May 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

How do all of you have bad customer service I have had all my tickets ever answered within a day. This is 2 years now and I have never had a ticket go more than 48 hours without a reply.

There was a backlog when IGP left the picture. Somebody has to get shuffled to the back of the line when you are playing catch up.

#20 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostSereglach, on 29 May 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Yes, well, there's a difference here. You seem to have a legitimate concern and issue that your ticket wasn't answered, and fell through the cracks. You've politely resubmitted a ticket without screaming and crying. You're not screaming with this sense of entitlement that, "This ticket wasn't answered the way I want it to be answered so your CS STINKS!"

Therefore, hopefully the resubmitted ticket is answered and you get the help you're looking for, to the best of their ability.

Certainly, but still seems possible that tickets can fall through cracks. Or into veritable black holes.

I don't think my original query was that complicated, at least I'd expect an update in six weeks. I was expecting the backlog to be huge but 8 days response time does not sound like it :( starts to seem like I need a new case with support case IDs in it... but really

Edited by Haakon Magnusson, 29 May 2015 - 04:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users