121 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

Is it done yet?

The naughty producer blog.

Hi everyone my name is Matt Newman and I am the producer on MechWarrior Online. You may remember me from the Developer QnA as the guy who joked around a bit. (<-Understatement)

Well I am here today to make up some plausible excuses and give you a peace offering.

First off though let me just say I love MechWarrior and I love my job. The first computer I bought, with my hard earned Tim Horton’s donut money, was a Pentium2 133 loaded with a Matrox Mystique and an enhanced version of MechWarrior 2. I played that game so much that the first serious and live in girlfriend dumped me....true story....look at me now Shelly!

On to the plausible excuses!

Fumble # 1 – “How about Hula girls? You like Hula girls right?”

Ok so the community seemed to respond to this very well, but man, I am taking the heat here at work! “You realize now they expect us to make Hula girls right?” says Garth “I don’t think Hula girls are in the canon” complains another. Long sigh from a programmer then he grumbles something about “Real hula girl physics! Yeah right.” Sorry guys my bad! This was a call back to the original trailer and if you haven’t seen the Hula girl in the trailer well then you haven’t watched it enough. Go watch it again and while you are there subscribe to the YouTube channel.

Fumble # 2 – “I can’t hear you over the sound of my Hunchback’s AC-10!”

That one was my fault. I cared more about the joke than the fact that the Hunchback actually has an AC-20. AC-20s are much louder than an AC-10s, No wonder I couldn’t hear you. Some people were offended by my error and for that I apologize but what I liked were the people coming to my defence. Also this post is awesome: http://mwomercs.com/...2427#entry22427 In fact that whole thread is awesome. http://mwomercs.com/...ed-concept-art/

Fumble # 3 - “I remember that trailer and I don’t think there was a Warhammer in there... I think it was an Urban Mech. Man I love those trash cans.”

I have to admit I knew it was a Warhammer and it was my way to dodge the question about the Unseen. The answer about the Unseen is in the FAQ here. I went on to answer another question about the unseen regarding the art style “If we are going to make any `Mech, it is going to go through Alex’s treatment.” I also want to give a shout out to the guys who can’t stop talking about the UrbanMech. Go and sign the petition here! http://mwomercs.com/...-for-urbanmech/

So there you have it. Totally realistic plausible excuses! And here is my peace offering.

Your Humble Producer
Matt Newman

P.S. Paul has banned me from future QnA’s.

#2 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

Wow, those Jenner concept art/drawings/blueprint posters look amazing! Please tell me you'll be selling those as collectibles! PLEASE!

You could also make an official media release (high-res versions) of those, that would be just plain amazing!

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 November 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

;)

Edited by Tweaks, 29 November 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#3 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

nom nom nom ;)
looking forward to bad **** animations baby!!!

#4 Von Ryan

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Jenner still looks like a hunched over guy with his arms tied behind his back. Would love to charge into that thing with my scouting Atlas....

#5 CobraFive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

Jenner's looking pretty good. I've always like the IIC better though. Can't wait to see it in game.

#6 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

I thought this was a joke thread made by someone. Then I remembered that only staff can start topics here, and then I looked at the thread creator.

Is this thread still open for the community to pester you people for IS IT DONE YET?

#7 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

Jeez Paul, wielding the ban hammer at work!

I will accept this peace offering! Although you do realize I still want my Keresnky Bobble head... I will take it from my 'merc' *shudder* unit and place it appropriately in my Clan Omnimech when they become playable ;)

As for Hula Girls not being canon... Pfft they so are. It is 3000, Hawaii is probably the size of iceland, and pretty sure those Hula Girls are still dancing! They also took to the stars, you know they did, do not LIE!

Okay, I enjoyed your offer, but you should be aloud in to the Q&As... how else will be get more offerings like this!

#8 shiva

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Actually, the HBK-4H has: And I quote Sarna.net:

HBK-4H - One of many variants, the 4H Hunchback is a modification of the design that uses a lighter Autocannon/10 and adds an additional two Medium Lasers. This modification increases the Hunchback's long range striking capability at the expense of raw firepower. BV (1.0) = 850, BV (2.0) = 1,067

Nuff said methinks?

#9 jhempsrt4

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

LOL Just re watched the trailer, <3 the hula girl!

#10 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 November 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

;) Oh no!
PETITION: Click 'like' on Matt's explanation to get him unbanned!

#11 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

Bring it on!

#12 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

I actually can't Like it, I don't have enough Likes. Can we open the Likes -add many many more-, please?

Matt, as far as I'm concerned, all is forgiven. Nicely done. ;)

Edited by Kay Wolf, 29 November 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#13 S4W4T0

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hell, i didn't imagine some humorous nerd rage would make Paul ban Matt Newman from any new QnA!

So, we want Matt N. back for next session, i think we can't pull it off without his hula girls!!! Seriously, the QnA needs to remain not too serious, otherwise it will cross the "Interesting but boring" line!

Plus, everybody can make a fault (moreover, it wasn't technically much of a fault, more like an inaccuracy, there is a model (HBK-4H) which actually has the AC/10, and a better Battle Value than the standard 4G with AC/20).

In a nutshell, give us back Matt N please... ;)

#14 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

So, Paul I asked one of your minions, i mean co-workers if you are keeping them under lock and key as your other 'staff' have not posted anything ;)

#15 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Matt, your humor was a nice touch. I was a lot more concerned by Paul's
Posted Image

line.

Free Matt Newman!

#16 John Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

is it just me or can no one else find the hulu girl anymore when the pilot is ejecting?

#17 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

ohh shazbot, they let Matt N get a account, is this circumventing your ban Matt?

#18 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

http://www.youtube.c...Wr3ZUQJeo#t=24s

Hula girl at the 26 second mark when he launches the UAV in the bottom Right.

#19 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 November 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...Wr3ZUQJeo#t=24s

Hula girl at the 26 second mark when he launches the UAV in the bottom Right.

HAHA That is awesome!
Posted Image

#20 John Dragon

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

no hula girl anymore at 2:11?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users