42 replies to this topic

#21 nero37

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

View Postccrider, on 30 May 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Not to tell anyone how to react to the bans, but who cares what units they were associated with? I'm happy to fight whoever, regardless of whether or not cheaters used yo be in that unit. Let's all just agree that its good they're gone and stop wondering who else is out there or making veiled comments about the units involved. Every faction had cheats, it is what it is; but Ill be damned if I'm squandering my precious much time worrying about who else may be out there. What's next, refusing to play against units who had cheaters? Its not like we have access to each others computers. People operate in relative anonymity so no need to cast aspersions on a units good name based on the actions of a few dipshits.

(Insert hair based trolling here. I hate being all serious on the forums.)

I can tell you there is still more out there. i personally seen an aimbot challenge posted on a groups front forums page a few months ago and not one of thier names was on the list. So if you think hacks are not still being used, wise up. And now i feel the ones that where useing the mods too get kills have switched too ones that help against doing daamage. there have been a few times that i had a cored out mech not more the 50 meters in front of me hitting with alphas that would not die. It would take another too hit them also before they would pop.Death too all who uses cheats.

#22 buryingbeetle

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:38 AM

View Postnero37, on 31 May 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

I can tell you there is still more out there. i personally seen an aimbot challenge posted on a groups front forums page a few months ago and not one of thier names was on the list. So if you think hacks are not still being used, wise up. And now i feel the ones that where useing the mods too get kills have switched too ones that help against doing daamage. there have been a few times that i had a cored out mech not more the 50 meters in front of me hitting with alphas that would not die. It would take another too hit them also before they would pop.Death too all who uses cheats.

If you see that ****, take a screencap and send it to the developers.

#23 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

oh, I'm sure there are more cheaters around. I just won't waste time worrying about it; PGI will end up banning them eventually so its not worth getting worked up about. There's always going to be a segment of every games population that feels the need to cheat. Whatever, who cares. If youre so insecure(not you, to head off any chance of misconception) that you gotta cheat, maybe its time to find a new hobby? The day I gotta cheat to play a game I use as my way to relax and hang out with some cool people is the day I park all my mechs, take a good look in the mirror(pausing to admire my glorious Davion hair) and find something else to do.

#24 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

You shouldn't make light of death. Nor wish it on someone over a game. People have actually murdered other people over games. Let's not go there, even as a joke. Even jokes can get people in trouble these days.

#25 JosefKafka

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorld?

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

Well, for what it's worth, I wish you luck. It certainly is annoying and wrong to be tainted by assosiation and I cannot speak for everyone else but for myself, but I concider the actions of these induviduals to be a result of their own poor judgement and does not reflect the unit they served with and in a way betrayed nor does it affect my opinion of House Liao in general.

I mean you're all worthless any way (<-- a joke).

#26 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostShinVector, on 31 May 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

Well... She might be back. Who knows..

For her case it withhold any kinda of judgement as her story fit the worst of collateral damage scenario that could happen with the method PGI chose.

*sigh*

#27 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostShinVector, on 31 May 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

Well... She might be back. Who knows..

For her case it withhold any kinda of judgement as her story fit the worst of collateral damage scenario that could happen with the method PGI chose.

I pity her. For the money she invested in this game, for the loss of being able to play in a universe that she loved enough to write fan fiction about and in. So, she won't be back. Or PGI will condone the actions of cheaters.

#28 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 31 May 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

I pity her. For the money she invested in this game, for the loss of being able to play in a universe that she loved enough to write fan fiction about and in. So, she won't be back. Or PGI will condone the actions of cheaters.

I guess you missed out my meaning. Its ok... It is a very sticky situation.

All I know is the guilty party admitted the error and the sad part an an innocent party got caught in the backlash...
Hope she is able to clear her name and come back. That's my take anyway.

Edited by ShinVector, 31 May 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#29 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostShinVector, on 31 May 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

I guess you missed out my meaning. Its ok... It is a very sticky situation.

All I know is the guilty party admitted the error and the sad part an an innocent party got caught in the backlash...
Hope she is able to clear her name and come back. That's my take anyway.

No, I caught your meaning that her User Name is innocent, but sorry: Russ tweeted that they did video reviews of the cheaters as part of the investigation. So, I have zero Faith in her return. But I do have Faith in the future of Liao, in the Future of us working to revitalize CW. In the future of this game.

#30 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Guilt or innocence may not matter in this instance. I think everyone knows the moral of this story. (Spoiler alert: it ends badly for the Stork.)

---

A poor innocent Stork had the ill-fortune to be taken in a net that was laid for Cranes that were stealing the Farmer's crops. The Stork’s plea for herself was simplicity and piety: The love she held for mankind, and the service she did in picking up venomous creatures. "This may all be true," said the Farmer, "but I only know this, I have caught you with these robbers, the Cranes, and you must die with them."

As birds of a feather flock together, you will be judged by the company you keep.

- Aesop's Fables, The Farmer and The Stork

#31 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

I do believe we've gone a bit off track for the purposes of this thread.

#32 0bama care

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

Cheaters should be banned with NO possibility of EVER coming back to the game. Serves them right especially if they have a LOT invested in it. it should hurt them HARD. hackers ruin games end of story.

#33 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 31 May 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

I do believe we've gone a bit off track for the purposes of this thread.

It has, right now we are attacking Chamdo, we had some Davions show up to defend. But Alas they haven't stayed around.

#34 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 31 May 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

Russ tweeted that they did video reviews of the cheaters as part of the investigation.

I somehow doubt this is possible for every account they think is an 'ALT' of someone.

And I rather not put my 100% trust in what ever PGI says.

Edited by ShinVector, 31 May 2015 - 07:28 PM.

#35 elijah temujin

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 43 posts
  • Locationvancouver

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 31 May 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

You shouldn't make light of death. Nor wish it on someone over a game. People have actually murdered other people over games. Let's not go there, even as a joke. Even jokes can get people in trouble these days.

this is....bs!
come on people our skin has not grown that thin...when I was minor league hockey i heard worse....
people cheated and some people said nasty things...so what.
yes some people have done crazy things in games ....does that mean we can not speak and must censor ourselves to the lowest common set of feelings? if some one kills someone in a car do we all stop driving them? no ...

when people cheat and betray they get **** on....verbally....
this behavior is in all forms of primates...its natural.

please stay away from the delusion of political correctness and
move into sanity....

do not censor yourselves ...PGI is already doing that with filters...
instead realize if you don't want to be ****talked to DO NOT F'ing CHEAT.

when someone at a competitive game says ****...i blow it off
and realize its a compliment cause we are winning or whatever...
I don't run home and hide....

i suggest we do not change the focus from cheating to
name calling...one (cheating) is very bad...its real and ruins the game for everyone
one (**** talking) is just a fantasy made real only by the mind of the listener...

common GAME ON and cheating scum beware...
we see you.
we don't like you
and we will help pgi get you out.

Edited by elijah temujin, 01 June 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#36 elijah temujin

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 43 posts
  • Locationvancouver

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostShinVector, on 31 May 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

I somehow doubt this is possible for every account they think is an 'ALT' of someone.

And I rather not put my 100% trust in what ever PGI says.

I would and will...I have too....
i need to believe pgi knows how important it is...
they have not cheated...so they get the benefit of the doubt with me.

I know they had to have absolute proof with the 64
because if not they loose all cred...
even pgi is not that silly.

my anger and disappointment is directly focused on the cheaters no one else...just the cheaters...
only the cheaters...

#37 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

*Chants*

Fight...FIght...FIGHT!!!

...Pirates play all sides! :lol:

#38 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 June 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

*Chants*

Fight...FIght...FIGHT!!!

...Pirates play all sides! :lol:

Yes!! Lets take this fight and focus our effort on the Davion at our door step!!! Then Clanner under our beds!!

#39 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 01 June 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Yes!! Lets take this fight and focus our effort on the Davion at our door step!!! Then Clanner under our beds!!

#WillFightForRum

:lol:

#40 MHMarx

• Pip
  • Kommandant-General
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

Inferno Express Mercenary Corps just signed with House LIao for 2 weeks i believe, and we have some members who enjoy CW very much, like myself.

So during my service with House Liao, feel free to add me and call me for some CW drops, i'll certainly enjoy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users