People Sometimes Sucks...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Gundam Prime

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAndorra

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

Last match,one player give me the chance of survive in battle,im half killed and with only one shoot of any weapon i die...one other panther in front of me starting to shoot and i run to back a ladder,the only thing that can do this enemy panther was chase me and kill me with one shoot,but no,he give me the chance to me for survive...people sometimes was *******...what want to mean??? That they are gods and they forgive me??? That players of Lineage 2 was too rabids when i leave they alone when starting to die in pvp...but guys,get ur own life and leave me alone **** up!!

#2 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

Sorry, I do not quite understand what you are saying; is it that you were given a chance to walk off the battlefield without being shot out of your 'Mech (a rare thing in most games) and someone else from the enemy side shot you down or that you do not like special treatment for being allowed to live when the enemy side has already taken the drop match as victorious?
In either case, you should treat all matches as a battle of wits - you plan, you attack and you either live or die. Since dying does no more than cut down on the number of rewards you get in a match (the cost alone of a 'Mech repair can be staggering, no matter how many damage points you have racked up - something a lot of people tend to obsess over, hence why they go for as many kills and damage points as they can get), I just sit back and play it like the game it is. I am not the best player (but then only playing for 4 months is not surprising of that fact over others who have been playing 2+ years), and if I live, I am overly happy but if I die, then that is not something I can do much about after the fact and simply wait untl the drop match finishes or exit and jump into another of my 'Mechs.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

when people don't shoot you usually it means they cannot
may be they don't have ammo, may be their mech is too hot, or they cannot get lock or they simply didn't see you or something else

i'm pretty sure a few light mech pilots thought i played with them as with a mouse when i didn't shoot them with streaks for some time letting them to run, to whirl and to hope and then quickly killed with 1-2 alphas, but i simply couldn't get the lock fast

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:25 AM

Ah... Surrendering.

An old closed beta caveat, disappeared with the end of repair and rearm. In it, under certain player-determined conditions the ability to surrender is given by the enemy or offered by the clearly defeated party. Acceptance of the surrender was also a player choice and those who were honorable would honor it. And those who were not were quick to execute or in the case of the defeated party, "pull a fast one."

My favorite fast one was, admittedly, pulled by a player whose name I sadly can't remember. It was using a Raven 4X. As the lone Battlemech against four larger enemies of medium to assault classes, the Raven surrendered when being faced down by an Atlas, a Hunchback and a Centurion. Another mech, a Dragon, was also elsewhere on the map. Per the terms of the surrender, the Raven powered down and remained under guard by the Atlas (32-ish kph) while the Hunchback and Centurion moved on to assist with base capture (50-ish and 64.8 kph; XL engines were expensive and very forbidding).

The Atlas, however, started to get bored very quickly and began shooting a nearby building. With the assault's attention turned away and its heat rising, the Raven saw an opportunity and powered on. It took almost 4 seconds to complete the startup sequence, long enough for the Atlas to have slung its next AC/20 round and SRMs. Immediately after the Atlas fired again, he took notice of the sound of a foot step and the distinct hum of a Raven's fusion reactor; but it was too late. His weapons would need slightly less than 4 seconds to reload; the SRMs almost 5 seconds. His lasers were ready, but the Raven became airborne. Leaping into the air the Raven's feet came down on the Atlas's head, 35 tons plus gravity and forward momentum would cause the Atlas to topple over with ease.

The Raven's MG-attachment? An AC/20. XL engine inserted at much expense. A measly 2 or 3 tons of ammo, and a repair bill of sometimes 400,000 Cbills per death. An already damaged and weakened Atlas's cockpit caved in on the first shot by the time it could stand. Soon after, the Hunchback fell. The Centurion -- despite attempts for the cockpit -- lost both side torsos instead and eventually defeated the Raven after the Dragon came barreling through, using its giant beer belly to smash the Raven into the air where it soon did a few flips before landing...and teleporting back to the point of impact.

(Not the video specifically, but one that shows a single instance of old MWO collision-based melee [ramming speed, jumpjet 'nudge-kicks', etc).

Today, however, if you are not fired upon by an enemy... it is because they cannot.
Demonstrated in this video, the Catapult is unable to fight because of minimum range issues with its chosen weaponry (twin LRM-20s) at 6 minutes in.

(And yes, I'm aware that it is very likely the original poster may not understand my response due to limited English and/or translator issues. Still, it can be useful information for anyone else).
(Mkay; I admit the player was me. And damn that Dragon. If I wasn't stuck 'getting up', that Centurion would never have gotten me.)

Edited by Koniving, 30 May 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#5 Gundam Prime

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAndorra

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

This is like our Lineage 2 players friends,mailinn and luxebo. This two nicknames i used in this game,one for play ertheia race and other for forum. Really,im tired of this.

#6 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

I can understand why people would be upset under certain circumstances:

You say half killed, but if you had weapons left you still could have tried to fight.

Also, if people on your team were still alive and you withdrew then they'd be right to get upset.

If neither of the above was true, then I see nothing wrong with them letting you live and you taking the offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users