5 replies to this topic

#1 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

Offer an event similar to the current events, with 5 point increments, With 60 earning a Dire Wolf S. Let CW matches count for 1 point per 80 points earned. Heck, let it run from Friday to Friday. Lots of cool stuff to win, CW and normal queue to play, and several good prizes.

5 Points - 3 Days PT
10 Points - 5 Pack of Consumables
15 Points - 1,500,000 CBills
20 Points - Titanium White or A Mechbay
25 Points - 1500 GXP
30 Points - 3,000,000 CBills
35 Points - 2500 GXP
40 Points - Obsidian Black or A Mechbay
45 Points - 4,500,00 CBills
50 Points - Killer Whale Cockpit Item
55 Points - 5000 GXP
60 Points - Dire Wolf S or Atlas-RS(C)
65 Points - 10 Pack of Consumables
70 Points - 7 Days PT
75 Points - 7,500,000 CBills
80 Points - Unlock Snowfall Pattern for Dire Wolves or Atlas.

#2 NinjaMonkey

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

I like it, lets make this happen

#3 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

Nice, but it's about 40 points too many, lol. Only pale-skinned basement trolls who live on their PCs could snag that many points in such a short amount of time. Normal people would be far too busy with RL to even come close.

#4 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 June 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Nice, but it's about 40 points too many, lol. Only pale-skinned basement trolls who live on their PCs could snag that many points in such a short amount of time. Normal people would be far too busy with RL to even come close.

I said give it a full week. At simply 30 points a match, a full week shouldn't be too hard.

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostBront, on 01 June 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

I said give it a full week. At simply 30 points a match, a full week shouldn't be too hard.

When you say points, are you meaning match score? That would still require eighty games. Assuming ten minutes total per game (including both search and play time), that comes out to be 800 minutes or 13.33 hours. Assuming 8 hours of sleep per night and a 40 hour work week (I personally work longer than 40 hours a week), that only leaves 72 hours, or three days essentially, of "free" time for the average person. Shave off another three hours for meals (a bit much just to eat, but factoring in food prep time as well) and you're left with only 51 hours. Now, in that light, 13.33 hours might not sound so bad, but this is also assuming that the average person has no life and zero responsibilities, chores, hobbies, or external human relationships. That 13.33 hours is a huge time sink, demanding over a quarter of the "free" time a person may have. Put another way, of the approximately two days time out of seven which the average person may have to do whatever they need to, half a day would be required simply to complete this event. If you instead needed 15 minutes per match due to long matches and long search times, then that 13.33 hour requirement grows to be 20 hours, or nearly an entire day!

That's why I say that only underground dwellers such as basement trolls might possibly complete this event. They have no external responsibilities, no productivies, and no obligations demanding time from them. They can afford to squander so much time on a video game.

I, for one, would prefer shorter events that the average, working class player could actually complete in and around real life activities. That being said, I like your basic premise here and your prize ideas. I would just like to see it implemented in a way that is friendlier to people who aren't 13-year-old gaming zombies for whom Mom and Dad do everything and provide everything.

#6 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 01 June 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

When you say points, are you meaning match score? That would still require eighty games. Assuming ten minutes total per game (including both search and play time), that comes out to be 800 minutes or 13.33 hours. Assuming 8 hours of sleep per night and a 40 hour work week (I personally work longer than 40 hours a week), that only leaves 72 hours, or three days essentially, of "free" time for the average person. Shave off another three hours for meals (a bit much just to eat, but factoring in food prep time as well) and you're left with only 51 hours. Now, in that light, 13.33 hours might not sound so bad, but this is also assuming that the average person has no life and zero responsibilities, chores, hobbies, or external human relationships. That 13.33 hours is a huge time sink, demanding over a quarter of the "free" time a person may have. Put another way, of the approximately two days time out of seven which the average person may have to do whatever they need to, half a day would be required simply to complete this event. If you instead needed 15 minutes per match due to long matches and long search times, then that 13.33 hour requirement grows to be 20 hours, or nearly an entire day!

That's why I say that only underground dwellers such as basement trolls might possibly complete this event. They have no external responsibilities, no productivies, and no obligations demanding time from them. They can afford to squander so much time on a video game.

I, for one, would prefer shorter events that the average, working class player could actually complete in and around real life activities. That being said, I like your basic premise here and your prize ideas. I would just like to see it implemented in a way that is friendlier to people who aren't 13-year-old gaming zombies for whom Mom and Dad do everything and provide everything.

Really? I've knocked out the 20 point event challenges in 2-3 hours. I could have knocked out 50 points this weekend without even trying hard if the benefit had been for that, and I did do several other things, including sleep.

Besides, the big bonus is at 60 (the Dire Wolf or Atlas). The bonuses are for your so called "Basement Dwellers". Folks who have extra time and want absolutely everything.

The events are supposed to be a challenge. 60 matches still gets you 2 colors or 2 mechbays, a Direwolf or Atlas (with mechbay), 9,000,000 extra cbills, and some other things as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users