Cheating

5 replies to this topic

#1 Slayer9173

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

I was in a warhawk this morning it has max armor i was takin out with 2 med pulse lasers to center torso.. my armor is max this shouldnt be possible. Im a little pissed how did this happen???

#2 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

What did the report say? Did it say only MPL or were there other weapons?

#3 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostSlayer9173, on 31 May 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

I was in a warhawk this morning it has max armor i was takin out with 2 med pulse lasers to center torso.. my armor is max this shouldnt be possible. Im a little pissed how did this happen???

Hit registration, damage dealt and such are handled by the server, without a possibility for a hacked client to manipulate these values. So far there have been no signs that this would've somehow been breached.

The cheat that is known and people are getting banned for, is basically an aimbot and the ability to see your enemies through walls, neither of which will kill a fully armored assault mech with 2 MPLs.

If you're talking about only seeing 2 medium pulse laser hits in your death report, it's most likely that you were hit by 2 MPL alphas rather than just 2 medium pulse lasers total. If you only saw a mech with a 2 MPL loadout, he likely had friends shooting at you that you didn't see.

Dying fast in an assault mech isn't a rare thing in the game, and killing an assault mech fast doesn't require cheats by itself.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

One of three things happened here:

1- You got killed by a lot of other weapons, and the ones that dealt the killing blow were the MPLs.

2- You had ammo in your CT, and that got exploded once your armor was peeled off.

3- Someone repeatedly hit you with 2 MPLs, and nothing else, until you died.

One other thing to remember, is that weapon damage, and mech health conditions are kept server side. They are virtually impossible to modify with third party tools. So cheating couldn't have caused your death from 2 hits.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 01 June 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

member since 04. 2015-1 post<----.nuff said.....someone killed me in an Assault..CCCCHHHEEEEAAATER looooool...
want to have a teddybear from the community??

Considering this is OP's first time interacting with the forums, I'm not sure this is the right way to approach them.

Also, OP didn't say that they were killed in an assault. The exact statement is:

#6 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

Armor max value "front ct, or max armor on complete mech? Most mechs do not have max front ct armor loaded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users