Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

16 more days....

#3 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

The new mech lab looks fantastic and functional.

Edited by Soulstrom, 31 May 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#4 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

Yay! Many of my mockup suggestions made to the release!
So good! Thanks for the consideration! :D

#5 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:43 PM

The new mechlab looks incredible. It's nice to see all the improvements that have been applied to it since the test was run. Now, if we can just get an "owned" checkbox for cockpit items, and the ability to strip items directly from other mechs, I think my wish-list would be pretty well complete for mech customization. That being said, there is always room for improvement somewhere, even if it is little things.

Regard, I am really looking forward to getting this new setup on Tuesday. I think I might just spend my first few hours tinkering around in the mechlab.

#6 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

New mechlab looks great, can't wait to start tinkering around in it!

#7 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,621 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

I hope they retained the `Mech Grid we've got now. Or something akin to it.

#8 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostHawk819, on 31 May 2015 - 06:01 PM, said:

I hope they retained the `Mech Grid we've got now. Or something akin to it.

Yeah the PTR mech selection lost the functionality of actually being able to see you rmech, to see mech details, and be able to get to the mech you want in 1 click instead of numerous clicking and scrolling

#9 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

one thing i'd honestly like? the ability to save fits, and then refit as long as you own everything in said saved fit.

#10 coe7

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostTennex, on 31 May 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

Yeah the PTR mech selection lost the functionality of actually being able to see you rmech, to see mech details, and be able to get to the mech you want in 1 click instead of numerous clicking and scrolling

The new grid window is borderline useless small. We are talking about 6x6 mechs visible vs. 4x3, that is 36 mechs vs 12. Having several mech variants open, means massive amount of scrolling or closing windows to find one at the bottom, same problem as with skill menu, but 10 times worse, because list is 1/3 of size of skill menu. So, it requires multiple clicks to find mechs you want, that is extremely aggravating and bad ui design.

It removes the important thing when choosing&building mechs, ability to see quirks and hardpoints by mouse hover.

It removes pokemon effect, of looking at your whole mech collection, spinning the ones you like on screen, looking their detail and fit in person on a large model. Enjoying them while waiting.

I think this is case of PGI putting out feature "half assed" and calling it "good enough".

Edited by coe7, 31 May 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#11 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:28 AM

If they keep the small mech selection screen from PTS then this update will be a major downgrade for me - coe7 perfectly listed the reasons.

From the video, I don't see much difference from the PTS version except some minor polishing (fonts, colors, boxing).

#12 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

its nice to finally have a user friendly mechlab after so many long years. ( mech selection grid is still a concern though)

I hope when PGI eventually finish with visual modding, they go and find the people who originally wrote the MWO code so that we can have more features than visual retrofits and new mechs or cockpit items.

#13 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:43 AM

The yellow bright color with white text color on energy weapons is a little hard too read. Either reduce the brightness of the yellow or increase it even more and make the text color black or dark grey.

Edit: When searching for modules, you get a similar hassle when searching for cockpit items. Solving both in some sort of general overview would be nice. :)

Edited by Túatha Dé Danann, 01 June 2015 - 02:44 AM.

#14 Alex Novian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenburg, Taurian Concordat

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:03 AM

Hmmm, Still want the OLD UI. This, to me, is just a step to the side that only adds more flash and not much flesh.

#15 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:03 AM

Some good improvements in the mechlab. Looks a lot better, I'm glad they're really using the player feedback this time.

But I hope they're not finished making improvements, I feel like they have some important improvements to make for the Smurfy layout.
  • Where can I see the quirks? After the quirkening, quirks are a fundamental part of mech building for most people. They should be really visible.
  • We should be able to see the mech's total internal structure and armour values for each component, quirks included. The differences between mech variants are huge!
  • Jump jet height is a lot more useful than jump jet distance. Distance depends on speed.
  • Heat management on a scale from 0 - 2 is still pretty vague and hard to understand.
  • I don't like the use of red on unavailable upgrades, and I dno't like the green colour for AMS, as it's too close to the yellow. Frankly, I'm not sure we need a separate colour for AMS or ECM. Maybe just use grey / black / white. They still need to reduce the number of colours to make the whole UI more visually coherent.

#16 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:32 AM

The mechlab looks beautiful.

#17 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:55 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 01 June 2015 - 03:03 AM, said:

• Where can I see the quirks? After the quirkening, quirks are a fundamental part of mech building for most people. They should be really visible

Maybe, the good idea will be to display quirked stats on weapons (virtually different manufacturers produce specialy fitted for exact mech variant design weapons etc., if in-game explanations should be provided) and other stuff rather than default values. More coding and keeping more tables, but may be more convinient way to manage things for newcomers.

#18 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:07 AM

mechlab looks very nice.
a lot better than the first mockup.

still missing some things tho.

better view of quirks

smurfy weapon lab window. (with adjustable weapon usage and smurfy heat%)

But hey, you know the community, we always got something to comment on :P

Edited by mark v92, 01 June 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#19 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

Waiting for years for the new Mechlab now !

Maybe we can get it with the next patch !

Edited by Desintegrator, 01 June 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#20 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

Couldn't help but notice the distinct lack of showing the mech select screen. Which reason is it?

1) you have not changed it from the current system and are still reworking it
2) you decided to go with the awful (seriously, AWFUL) one you had in public test and didn't want to deal with all of the negative feedback until after people patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users