Dual Or Triple?

6 replies to this topic

#1 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

Ok so looking to get examples of what people have set up and recommendations. Budget is a little bit tight..

Was thinking of 3 23" screens for MWO, but now after getting my missus a 27" screen ima like, why not just get one big screen?? I'm not too fussed about horizontal FoV, play the game fine as it is, so interested to hear what people have set up in terms of either 2 screens or three.

Cheers

WB.

#2 Krovik

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

I run two monitors, but only one is for MWO, other for teamspeak and browser, etc. Id like to get a third because at times I find it crowded with just two. Don't really care too much about running the game across more than one monitor, but thats just my personal preference.

#3 ConanTheGamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

If you're going to use these monitors for game play, I wouldn't use two. Because you'll have a gap in the middle. There was a Russian guy on Youtube a while back who did a video on it. He was saying it's best to use three than two.

#4 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostConanTheGamer, on 01 June 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

If you're going to use these monitors for game play, I wouldn't use two. Because you'll have a gap in the middle. There was a Russian guy on Youtube a while back who did a video on it. He was saying it's best to use three than two.

If I had two I would use one for TS and other apps, one for game. It's a case of getting a larger single screen over having three monitor really ...

#5 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

Three monitors for pure immersion, you'll probably hardly look at the side ones. Much harsher on you gfx card/s. I'd recommend the tried and true single monitor upgrade and shuffle you current one over as an auxiliary like Krovik is using. If you you want to go half way between, and obviously playing across two monitors is silly, check out some 21:9 aspect ratio monitors (I know, you're not bothered by horizontal FoV.)

TLDR; see if you like 21:9, otherwise get a 28" 16:9

#6 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 01 June 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

If I had two I would use one for TS and other apps, one for game. It's a case of getting a larger single screen over having three monitor really ...

I'd say go dual monitors. I've been running dual since before I played MWO just for that sort of reason. It's Super Convenient Bros. 2 The Lost Levels.

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

How about a curved ultra-wide monitor?

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users