Inner Sphere Loyalist Units: What Motivates You?

78 replies to this topic

#61 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

I play LIAO because my native country is part of this faction and i don't like other faction atttude at all. I'm Liao loyalist.
I don't play clans because clans don't exist at mwonline at all - that's just horde of IS ppl that's want pilot pop-mechs or just chase profit and easy play - MS is best example(mercenary clan wolf unit thougth clans don't use mercs at any way).
All current clan play thats one big violation of clan code. Maybe exeption exist - never seen one.
Kurita and Steiner faction are most stabile and persistent - they have my respect.
Marik - well i'm dont see them most times thought before they was pretty active.
Davion - "best defence is ghost defence - really very nice slogan thats i have gotten from one of brave and Noble Davion fighters in this forum on other topic.
Liao - i don't have rights to judge my own faction let's other ppl do that.
I have read many books about battle tech and spent some weeks sitting at sarna.
What i can say - you have great topic here. But no one roleplaying anything at mwonline. Pity but thats it.(i'm not aganist "always exist exeption" rule)
Didn't meaned to insult anyone and you have my regrets if i've done so.
Sorry my bad English.

Regards.

#62 Ragnar Yager

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

I am a Steiner Loyalist, I like the lore and my heritage (im german) is part of House Steiner.
Of course there are things that aren't right, but i could not take a Faction i dont belong in, like Kurita or Liao.
Then i would be a merc, who tries to start a new life. But stay to a Faction is important i think.

I wont become a Clanner, because Clan Wolf is the closest theat to us und if you know the lore: Most Wolfs hate Freeborn.
The old Starbound is gone... get over it!

@ Nexano:

You are right, noone really does the roleplay in MWO. But that is caused by the fact, that you have verry limited contact to any important lore-based persons. AND that You dont really see if you are now with a Steiner Battalion or Kurita Gatekeepers for example. And that is sad, because it destroys some part of recognition to your faction

Edited by Ragnar Yager, 01 October 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#63 z MadButcher z

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 102 posts
  • LocationButchers Chop Shop

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:13 AM

I can't speak for my unit as a whole, but personally I like fighting for Marik because I am a glutton for punishment and like a challenge.

#64 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:41 AM

I was a DCMS loyalist for years in the universe. My heart in the lore will always Honor the Dragon.

Then, I started playing MWO and joined an FWL loyalist outfit more for what it stands for in and out of game than for its politics. So I'm fighting for a new faction as a result. And learning more about the game in the process.

#65 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

I personnally like the people in Marik that is one of the reasons...
As welll as being able to beat up on Davion :-)

#66 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 04 October 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

I personnally like the people in Marik that is one of the reasons...
As welll as being able to beat up on Davion :-)

Always remember Wazan.

#67 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 05 October 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

Always remember Wazan.

No remember Ascunsion and Old Kentucky

#68 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:25 AM

Nothing much motivates me right now. CW :(

#69 Kahali

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

St Ives has been my faction of choice for a long time - 2nd St Ives Lancers. I like the underdog - enjoyed how Stackpole wrote about them splitting from the Confederation etc.
I liked the access to both Liao and Davion mechs - then being taken back by the Cappies after a valiant struggle - great stories behind it all.
And RPGing - it is fun playing a SIMC loyalist in a CCAF unit.

#70 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 13 October 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

No remember Ascunsion and Old Kentucky

Kota, IraqiWalker is right.

Asuncion and Old Kentucky were special to us but it was at Wazan that Marik ironed out its tactics, got its troops motivated and organized before they threw themselves whole-heartedly at the Davion war machine that pounded Asuncion for nearly four days before it fell.

The road back to Asuncion began at Wazan as Marik rose to the bell to answer the call of the troops of the AFFS and its affiliated mercenaries. The tidal wave formed by the push of the Federated Suns across the Free Worlds border was met for the first time with the full force of the federal troops, provincial units, and mercenary forces of House Marik.

It was more like two tsunamis slamming into each other as hour after hour of conflict turned into day after day in a meat grinder of mechs ... Bone weary troops continued to throw themselves into the fray for glory, for honor, and for C-Bills.

It is told that Comstar had a hard time operating for a while as they were focused and captivated by all of the news and battle vids being transmitted from Wazan. It was no casual interest ... these were days that Techs hated as mechs were seemingly patched together with baling wire and prayers.

How did we survive it? Looking back, it was probably due to the unknown soldiers who fought in the trenches and who time has subsequently forgotten. We salute their tenacity and sacrifice with profound silence as even now, almost a year later, goose bumps appear and the hair on the back of our necks come to attention whenever someone says, "Do you remember Wazan?"

Edited by Alex Reed, 07 November 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#71 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

You don't choose Marik as a faction.

In soviet Marik space, Marik chooses you!

#72 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostAlex Reed, on 07 November 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Looking back, it was probably due to the unknown soldiers who fought in the trenches and who time has subsequently forgotten.

Err, they were called "turrets"

#73 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

What motivates me? the fact that i can run my all time favorite Hunchbacks all the time ;)

#74 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostAlex Reed, on 07 November 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Kota, IraqiWalker is right.

Asuncion and Old Kentucky were special to us but it was at Wazan that Marik ironed out its tactics, got its troops motivated and organized before they threw themselves whole-heartedly at the Davion war machine that pounded Asuncion for nearly four days before it fell.

The road back to Asuncion began at Wazan as Marik rose to the bell to answer the call of the troops of the AFFS and its affiliated mercenaries. The tidal wave formed by the push of the Federated Suns across the Free Worlds border was met for the first time with the full force of the federal troops, provincial units, and mercenary forces of House Marik.

It was more like two tsunamis slamming into each other as hour after hour of conflict turned into day after day in a meat grinder of mechs ... Bone weary troops continued to throw themselves into the fray for glory, for honor, and for C-Bills.

It is told that Comstar had a hard time operating for a while as they were focused and captivated by all of the news and battle vids being transmitted from Wazan. It was no casual interest ... these were days that Techs hated as mechs were seemingly patched together with baling wire and prayers.

How did we survive it? Looking back, it was probably due to the unknown soldiers who fought in the trenches and who time has subsequently forgotten. We salute their tenacity and sacrifice with profound silence as even now, almost a year later, goose bumps appear and the hair on the back of our necks come to attention whenever someone says, "Do you remember Wazan?"

Truly captures the essence of the experience.

Posted Image

#75 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:46 AM

Motivation to stay loyal to the FRR?

Because lore-wise it is a lost cause but a noble fight. I mean in a game of pseudo-feudalistic war with giant stompy mechs; what could be better? The FRR is Thermopylae, Masada, and the Alamo all rolled into one with aspects of Balaclava thrown in for spice. Beset on all sides by an invading force of superior technology with no real help from those around us, but committed to defending all with old technology and less resources than any other faction.

If you are going to roll play, yeah, that's some lore I can get behind.

#76 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

love to bow down for the ultimate power house

love to bow down for the ultimate power house

#77 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

Although i am a merc, i think their are two factions that i have the most respect for

House Liao- Underdogs and because out of the all factions (including clans) they are the only faction that actually cares about their citizens, do your duty, earn your citizenship, and you are taking care of cradle to grave.

House Steiner- i like their mercantile background their German-french heritage, and the name of their planets (Kookens pleasure pit), and the fact that they are one of the few factions to pay mercs a ton of cbills for a job.

#78 Dugra Dugrasson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 139 posts
  • LocationKris Kringle's Resistance Bunker

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

I like playing honabooloo samulai.

Edited by nodebate, 14 December 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#79 Dracurian

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

Come over to Marik, we have bacon. In three flavours. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users