Most Wanted Features!

1522 replies to this topic

#801 RazerThrone07

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

Please consider compatibility with Xbox controller, including joystick and rumble.
The joystick feature would help people playing with disabilities and fine motor skills.
thks

#802 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

How about a game style were instead of 12 v 12 we drop as 6 lances of 4 and every lance is a separate team? Could be a fun alternate game mode to mix things up and have more variety in the game. Even if it was only available in the group queue with a 4 man teams would be great.

#803 tresspaser

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:49 PM

Hi:

Would it be too much to ask for a Puerto Rico flag?

tress

#804 Halaster Blackcloak

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

Suggested Changes:

--Hard-point configurations and omnipods need to be more flexible. Rather than have hard-points restricted by variant and/or weapon type (energy, ballistic, missile), Restrict them to the typical loadout for the Mech, thus simple Mechs like the Marauder would only have 2 hard-points in each arm, the one in the right torso, and perhaps give a few others spread across the torso sections for just a bit more flexibility; but still keeping the Mech itself typical to typical variants used. Or even the Warhammer, having typically only 1 arm mounted weapon for each arm, several torso weapons (typically lasers), and the one over the shoulder missile launcher in most of its common configurations. Even though it lowers the amount of "variants" available for purchase, it gives players more flexibility. This could also allow for the creation of new Mechs quicker. Or the sale of pre-configured variants, because they either don't want to mess with using the Mechlab; or for additional weapon access. Or the implementation of weapons and/or weapon packs to gain access to weapons, beyond what the Mechs the player owns would give them access to; could be used.

--For AMS limitations or other Misc equipment, the player should only be restricted on if they have the weight and slots available. Though a preset limit of say AMS per Mech would be fair. And as anything else with ammo, the player has to choose how much weight/space they'll invest towards it.

--Also making skill trees should be per "chassis" (Mech type), not per variant. Or even smaller skill trees based upon player equipment usage. So for example, if a player never uses an AC/20 but one day decides to equip one and try it out, he'll be missing the "proficiency" that others may have.

Notes:

--In regards to weapon balancing, the weapons seem to fit their place in the Battletech lore. Having damage ratings and heat accordingly assigned. And since armor seems to be also based at least upon the Mech class, these damage ratings are more than fair. While it can make for "fast" paced matches, as PPCs, large autocannons, and so forth can easily cripple or destroy even assault mechs with well placed shots. But this is an accurate display of their firepower, and with the cooldowns set, even an assault mech armed with multiple PPCs is less of a threat than many think. PPCs trade heavy hitting for high heat spikes and higher cooldowns, so you can't just "blast" away without caution. In colder environments, one can worry about heat less, but with the high spikes firing multiple PPCs at once create, the player still has to pay attention.

#805 Kl0Wn KiLLeR

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

I am still new to this game but I used to play all the old games, even when they were on paper. Overall, I like the game but there are a few things that should be upgraded, at least in my opinion:

1. The display screen in the command console of the mechs needs a little more function. It would be nice if you could hover over a friendly and see who that person was. It could also use a little bit better resolution.

2. The skill system is pretty tough, at least for a newbie like me. I saw someone else here comment about a PvE system to help gain a boost in basic skills. I think something like that would really help new players.

3. I saved my skill points to get 'Radar Deprivation' to help with missile spam but 6 million credits for the module? Per Mech? Really? Some of the items could be cheaper. Once you get 15K to obtain the skill it should be a little easier to buy the modules...

#806 Phash

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

All new Packages seem to come with a CBill Boost Mech and 2 normal Variante. Can't the Founders Packs be Booster up with these, too?

#807 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

Please fix the hardpoint system. What I mean by this is just make each hardpoint and individually identifiable point on the mech and let players manually put whatever weapon of that type into the slot they choose so they don't have to mess around with trying to "force" the weapon they want into a particular hardpoint by putting the weapons on in a certain order. The Mauler MX90 for example, no matter what I do I cant get a Gauss or AC/20 into the highest ballistic hardpoint because no matter what order I load the ballistic weapons on there, it keeps forcing the bigger, better weapon into the lower slot, rendering it less effective. In general, the current system is unintuitive, arbitrary, and not explained to a new player at all, so I think what I outlined above is a far better way to do it.

#808 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostAmodedomA, on 02 June 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Folks,
I've been playing a Mechwarrior game on PC since they first came out. Bought and played all of them and I'm still playing MW4 Vengeance. I really thought the series was dead and only recently discovered MWO. Never was a fan of games that are server based, but the desire to continue to battle in a Mech is strong.
I haven't been here long but I am somewhat dismayed by the fact that the only way to develop skills is to go directly into combat. That's a steep learning curve, and though I'm gleaning what I can spectating, and watching training videos, I wish there were a bot based training series to acquire skills on before facing the experience hungry veterans. I don't mind being the little fish for a while, but the difference in skill levels is making it so I don't last long, ergo I don't learn much.
Still I like the game and it's server response, graphics and playability are great. I sincerely hope to dominate the game before losing interest due to the sensation of being an easy kill to keep the veterans fed.

you still playing?

replace map vote with random maps again BUT add the ability to choose from a quick play drop deck in the time window
you now have for map vote.Lets say 2 dropdecks ala` scouting dropdeck (1 mech) free, 2 additional purchasable maybie.
Woud help the game i am sure since map vote makes MWO a repetitive experience lately

#809 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ds-new-weapons/

Plenty of votes so far. Comments recently enabled. We want guns son!

#810 S Phoenix

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:23 AM

REPOST: While playing with some guys the other night, an idea came up about a warhorn:

When it comes to the last few mechs of a match (or during a stomp) - it's often a mad race to get the kill shot

A cool Warhorn to have would be the sound from the seagulls in Finding Nemo

"Mine, mine, mine, mine minemine"

Posted Image

Edited by Samurai Phoenix, 13 October 2016 - 03:44 AM.

#811 zugnish

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

Automatically dump ammo when all the weapons that could use it are gone. At the same time, restrict ammo storage to locations that make sense. Right now everyone is feeding ammo from their head to their arms as if that was a thing that would be feasible to engineer.

There should be a downside to playing on maps that are 50 degrees below zero. Surely mechs aren't built for an optimal operating environment of Hoth. Maybe actuators would be slower by some percentage, weapon jams more likely (even for lrms and ACs), laser damage could be reduced because stuff melts slower when its cold.

Make explosions and dismemberments more impressive. Btech1 had a more exciting arm blown off graphic.

Also, when you fall from height, why do you take damage to your leg armor? Try this experiment - jump off a four story building and try to land on your feet. If you miss and land on your back, repeat the experiment until you get it right. Now - what broke the most? Answer - your bones and joints, not your skin.

#812 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:02 AM

I would like to be able to change the camo scheme for the selected map, so that I blend in better with the terrain.

I generally use a shades of grey camo, which is great in polar maps, hpg, and mining collective (because of the lighting), but I stick out like a sore thumb on every thing else. I would like to have 3 presets of colors to apply after the map is chosen.

I would also like to be able to edit my avatar. I mean, pairing orange padding on a green digital camo is horrible. I would much rather be in an all black jumpsuit with red highlights/padding/etc. In fact, I would actually spend some money on that.

#813 Ward Serpentine

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 03 June 2015 - 12:40 AM, said:

Collision and better hit reg.

No kidding. How the hell do streaks hit my back armor when I'm facing the firing mech. Hit registration is complete BS

#814 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:50 AM

Didn't know where else to suggest this, but I think if the Urbanmech had an extra slot for a second AMS it could be more viable.

#815 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:03 PM

Cut the price of all modules in half. Please. Its disgusting to fork out that many cbills for a dongle like radar dep or 6 million to get 10 percent better range and cooldown for a weapon..........FOR EVERY MECH. Either that or you need to include a feature where all modules are considered "floating" in ones inventory, so that you can just yank them off of whatever they are on no matter what mech they are on and put them on the mech you are currently looking at with the push of a button. Module hunting through mechs is disrespectful of the players time, and making them cost less would allow newer players to get what they need faster, and allow everyone to spend cbills on what they really want, more mechs and the engines and weapons. Why should radar deprivation cost as much as a huge XL engine? Or the same price as like 10 gauss rifles? Its stupid and Im sick of it and Im sick of being nice about it, theres no excuse and no valid reason for the pricing, change it, like now. Please. For the love of whatever deity you pray to.

#816 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

Collision damage, knockdown when legged or bumped by bigger one, kick, punch, hatchet and an Axeman.

#817 LesIzmore

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

A shopping cart in the online store.

#818 WM Doddster Vajda

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

Why are there no Clan Standard AC modules? Like cooldowns for the for the AC20 and AC10? The Ultra models have cooldowns and their basic cool down is already faster without the modules. So give us some regular AC cooldowns for the clan standard AC's please.

#819 norokelt

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

Chat improvement/Fixes: mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238689-improve-the-chat-please/

#820 Will E Coyote

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

well, my most wanted feature would be :
NO ED system please !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users