Hover Jets No More!

1 reply to this topic

#1 DieGruneMorder

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

Enough with the giant refridgerators full of uranium jump jet rules! It even looks silly from an external view, thats how [messed up] the physics are!! This is my favorite game, but the other day, i barely put one foot off the side of a cliff fell about .3 meters before i went to full blast (pressing my spacebar through the bottom of my keyboard) on the hover jets.....and i watched myself go DOWN....DOWN at about 2 meters per second!! Its gone too far when your medium cat get up a hill without getting polygon stuck on the foot and is forced to drop back down less than the height of the mech. PLEASE FIX JJs.. this is supposed to be the future, Heavies should fly a little for [Blake's] sake!! Please and thank you.....Mike

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 03 June 2015 - 04:04 PM.
Language and not a suggestion

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostDieGruneMorder, on 02 June 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

i barely put one foot off the side of a cliff fell about .3 meters before i went to full blast on the hover jets.....and i watched myself go DOWN

How many Jump Jets were you using?

on many occasions I have heard people complain that they barely get off the ground only to find they were using 1-2 Jump Jets, if you mount enough Mechs do fly, 2 Jumpjets are not enough, if you want to gain altitude you will want at least 4, Mechs with 6+ jets gain altitude fast, however if you start falling the Jets first have to stop your fall before they can start lifting you again, stopping your fall will oftern use most of your fuel.
if you want to gain altitude you need to mount at least 4 JJs and start thrusting before you go over the edge not after.

in Battletech if a Mech mounted Jump Jets it was usualy 4-6

1 Jumpjet is OK for slowing a fall to prevent leg damage or hovering over short gaps, 2-3 will allow you to hover over larger gaps or gain a bit of altitude, 4+ will allow you to gain altitude to the point that if you do not save any fuel you will take leg damage on landing, 6+ and you gain altitude fast, 10+ and there are few places you cannot reach (I really like the SDR-5V).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users