38 replies to this topic

#21 Myray

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

burn the heretic

no but serious sure the idea is nice but i prefere 1 oversight more than all that tabs they should just make both options available and i hope pgi is working on something there because i hate the new mech selection

#22 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostValdherre Tor, on 05 June 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

please delete this thread, unistall your game and or kill yourself. you didn't have to scroll through pages of that gind, you chose to scroll through pages of that grind because it was easier. If you can recall on the old mech select screen in the top left corner there was a tab that you could filter mechs by ones owned and filter them buy weight class, also they were in alphabetical order. What we have now is worse.

Toxic posts (people) like this are by far the largest problem with this game, out-ranking mechlab, HSR, balance, CW...the lot.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostValdherre Tor, on 05 June 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

please delete this thread, unistall your game and or kill yourself.

What a rude ******* you are.

Edited by Appogee, 05 June 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#24 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

nope.

#25 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

I like the new mech lab quite a bit, particular over previous iterations.

#26 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 05 June 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

I'm not sure I understand what seems to be the primary gripe about it being more difficult to find "ready" mechs. What does that even mean?

In the first version of the UI, there were four slots - available from the very front screen of the UI - where you could select your 'ready to go' Mechs.

They were in effect visual shortcuts. You could click on one of those Mechs, hit launch, and you were in a game. You didn't even need to visit the Mech Lab to select one.

I agree it was a feature of the first version, and it should not only be brought back, but extended. We should be able to ready-make entire drop decks, and select them from either the faction tab or the Mech Lab..

#27 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Really my only knock, is on my Clan Acct, I own no IS MEchs (aside my Wang) and I do wish it would remember my preferences, so I didn't always have to switch to clan mechs, when I have no IS ones in the first place. Little things like that would be nice, but hardly worth all the whimpering and crying going on.

NO, MUST WHINE!!!!

Yeah, I find all this drama too much. The mechlab experience is SO much better. With some further tweaks it hits the goal.
I hope the biggest wall of mechs whiners simply uninstall and never come back, no big loss, they probably never bought anything and used aimbots anyway.

#28 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

There's no good reason PGI could not have improved the old mech selection view to satisfy everybody.

#29 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 05 June 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

NO, MUST WHINE!!!!

Yeah, I find all this drama too much. The mechlab experience is SO much better.

No it still takes 3 times as many clicks to do anything.

Building mechs and loading mods is better, the part you actually use is much, much worse.

#30 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 05 June 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

No it still takes 3 times as many clicks to do anything.

Building mechs and loading mods is better, the part you actually use is much, much worse.

Just give us an always open favorites tab as first page on new mechlab and all problems are gone. (Yeah, no save selection would be nice as well)
People seem to think that this is some end all be all iteration that can not be improved on? I have some faith and believe they will build on it... but for some the world ended on 2.6.2015

#31 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 05 June 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

Just give us an always open favorites tab as first page on new mechlab and all problems are gone. (Yeah, no save selection would be nice as well)
People seem to think that this is some end all be all iteration that can not be improved on? I have some faith and believe they will build on it... but for some the world ended on 2.6.2015

Since they are amazing with small tweeks to the mechlab.....

yeah, not holding my breath.

#32 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostShredhead, on 05 June 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

I fully agree.

You just deleted yourself. Reported.

i bet he doesn't get the ban he deserves, what a vile and disgusting comment

#33 Cynikk

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

Sorry but this mech lab UI is terrible. Can't find anything easily ie: modules, loadouts, mechs , and etc. The colors and menus are atrocious. Not a troll comment but I do not like. Was very used to the mech lab before this. Quick and easy. As with all changes it will take time. I wish however PGI would focus more on fixing in game issues rather than giving us a new mech lab UI.

#34 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

View PostRhazien, on 05 June 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Toxic posts (people) like this are by far the largest problem with this game, out-ranking mechlab, HSR, balance, CW...the lot.

Not really, they get banned pretty fast.

#35 Sojourner Crim

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostmasCh, on 05 June 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Like this maybe?

Posted Image

Wish I could do a mock up like this, but I'm no graphic artist... that said, nice job for a quick mock up.

To PGI:
First >> I like the new MechLAB. it could use a few tweaks imho, but it's really nice. I would change the column/expanded toggle to a two icon toggle side by side. you don't need a drop-down menu for a list of 2. two clicks to change between modes vs 1. think of them like the minimize and maximize buttons on your preferred pc/mac file browser. also, it seems that some people like hover-over details and some prefer the select-to-view details. this would be easy enough to add as a toggle in the setting menu for the game.

Second >> (and the real reason I am posting) the Mech SELECT screen... if any of you graphics guys wanna do a mock up, MasCh(?), please feel free. basically I am going to reduce this to some basic programming common sense, then elaborate on the why. "Mechs" are basically objects in a database right, and when you look at them by weight class, faction, chassis, etc... you are applying basic filters to the content pool of the database. there are several working examples of how to do this, a few used in your game. however, from my perspective, i see users asking for vastly different filters. So I say, give them what they want. Most users are really asking for a customisable cross section of the data in either grid or list format. Here's how: left side context menu has categories consisting of OWNERSHIP, WEIGHT CLASS, and FACTION. Under each category you have flags/toggles. weight class toggles could be made into single letter buttons with different colors [L][M][H][A] and blue, green, yellow, red respectively. dim is off, bright is on (this adds the atmosphere of cockpit punch toggles. Under the OWNERSHIP category you have ALL, OWNED, TRIAL, where All shows all available mechs (replacing the old Purchasable option) and also disables OWNED and TRIAL. Deselecting ALL, enables the OWNED and TRIAL buttons selected in the last state the user chose (allowing the user to view their mechs, trial mechs, or both together). all the other toggles are easy, if selected, show that content so if a user selects CLAN, LIGHT, HEAVY, OWNED they will see only light and heavy mechs that are clan chassis. if they select CLAN, INNER SPHERE, ASSAULT, OWNED, TRIAL, they will see all assault mechs whether owned or trial, IS or Clan. there should also be a reset switch that resets the menu to a default view (probably all owned mechs or all trial mechs for new users). additionally, there can be a toggle for Grid, category, and list view. think of this as the icon display selection on your file browser, or the Expanded/column view toggle in the MechLAB. and I would place it similarly. you could also add a condensed (half screen) and fullscreen view button for grid view so visual people with hundreds of mechs can use the whole screen to search, while those wishing to admire their new applejack shadowcat can do so. if you want to see a great example of this, look at the buy filters in online stores. it allows the user to craft the view they want and find the content they need in the fewest (easiest) motions. Also, just thought of this as I was typing, you could use the clan and IS logos for square cockpit buttons. would be neat...
Third >> the save button. I understand having a save button for changes to a loadout to submit the buffered information. hell, I appreciate the confirmation window when purchasing equipment for MC or CB. I can rationalize the save button for a drop ship loadout in CW... though it's a bit tedious. I cannot however justify why I need to select the mech from a list and then save my selection. I clicked on the mech, I don't care why. I clicked it and that should be my active mech. when I click the play button, then it should submit what mech i have actively selected, while I wait for the game to load in the locked screen. I do not need to submit my change of mech selection to the server if I just want to look at my favorite hunchy before picking my next grind project. people play this game largely for aesthetics. having a selection submission/confirmation button for the mech you currently want to look at is tedious and cumbersome.

I believe these changes, if implemented would satisfy the vast majority of both sides of this discussion. list people get lists, visual people get tiny images. everyone can chose how to sort their content. the view changing toggles should always only one click process only. now I don't know all your reasons for the changes you made, and not everyone is going to agree with me, but I think this would satisfy a lot more people than the current or old styles alone.

P.S. sorry to all the grammar/spelling people

Edited by Sojourner Crim, 01 August 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#36 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:34 PM

This is how I select my mech.

Posted Image

Rly tho-- I do miss maybe one or two things from the old mech select screen.

#37 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

It looks really good, I'll have to use it myself before I give a final verdict, but I can see already it's better than what we had.

If there was a favorites tab, or as others said, a 'Ready mechs' tab.... so much win.

#38 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostMerryIguana, on 05 June 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Pgi should bring back the ready list from 1.5.

Yes please.

When I'm not fooling about with builds, I have about three-four 'mechs I alternate between. The 'mech selection screen is total overkill for switching between those.

#39 Sojourner Crim

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

it would seem that Phil has basicaly done everything I said, only more in depth, for this upcoming patch... thanks Phil

PS you should still consider the cockpit-style push-buttons for the toggles graphicaly. the blue bead slider looks like something off an iPhone, not Battletech. just my opinion
EDIT: http://www.cockpitph.../m/img_0894.jpg this is my thinking

Edited by Sojourner Crim, 02 August 2015 - 09:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users