62 replies to this topic

#1 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

I've been thinking about pve recently and here's my idea of what would be close to ideal on the pve side of MWO.

Russ recently confirmed Pve for 2016 (wish it was sooner.)

1. Pgi should create storylines for each faction leading up to and during the Clan invasion. I.E. There should be a campaign for Steiner, Davion, etc. Pgi would sell individual campaigns. However, a tutorial mini campaign (2-3 missions) should also be included for free. These should be voice acted with (simple) cinematics, etc. I'd say each campaign, depending on length & quality could go for about $20-$40 each campaign. Of course, buying them in a bundle would get you a discount off each individual campaign.

2. The Hero mechs & their pilots should be part of the various campaigns. This would also improve their desirability as well I imagine.

3. Gain loyalty for CW depending on which faction's campaign you did.

4. Campaigns should at least be co-op capable. I'd love it if it could get up to 4 players total. There could even be multiplayer based campaigns.

5. Rewards for completing each campaign in Pvp. Corresponding camo & colors, warhorn, etc.

6. Campaigns should have at least 10+ missions

Personally, I'd like these campaigns to basically be MW5. If you guys have any ideas or qualms with my ideas, please share.

Another good pve thread in feature suggestions: http://mwomercs.com/...ut-mega-thread/

Here's a thread talking about a game company called Harebrained possibly making the Pve aspect of Mwo: http://mwomercs.com/...s-mean-for-mwo/

Here's a thread poll asking how much would you be willing to pay: http://mwomercs.com/...storyline-mode/

Edited by TheArisen, 01 July 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#2 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

I have drummed up in my mind an entire campaign using existing maps.

Other ideas for PGI to monetize it to a degree would be my salvage system idea.

It includes at the end of the match, any mechs you didnt out right CT Core, and based on a random die roll of whether or not they will be available, so its not leg all the things....you get a pick of a mech or 2 from that last mission. You will get it in w/e state it died and with what ever stuff and armor it had on it. Then the MC cost is w/e it would be in its current state. So if you get a Nova Prime with 1 leg, 112 armor left, 2 CERML in tact and a BAP on board, it would have an MC price based on that condition. Basically, it could allow players to get certain mechs for very cheap. Like if you want a Warhawk but dont have the MC or Cbills to buy one, you could hope to meet one in PVE campaign and salvage it.

THe PVE mechs i would randomize based on w/e faction it is. So one time you might run through and see 4 Whales, 3 Summoners and a Gladiator. Next time it randomizes and this time its 2 Shadow Cats, 3 Warhawks, 1 HBR and 2 TBRs.....just to keep it interesting and changes up how you approach it each time, and to kinda keep away from the wash rinse repeat the same thing every time. Objectives could even change each time you run it through.

One run through on a map your objectives might be Capture the Radio tower, defend said Radio tower and extract. Next time its several objectives all over the map.

But idk, I have many, many, many ideas for a PVE campaign. I even dreamed up many complete with objectives in my head.

#3 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

NO PVE until PVP is done right and completed

#4 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

Personally I enjoy the pvp as is. It's not perfect but that's not saying it's not fairly good. Frankly, PVE isn't even in the near future, so yeah. But let's not derail this thread with arguing about how good pvp is currently.

Edited by TheArisen, 06 June 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#5 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

Horde mode.

Star of clan mechs vs IS counter attack

Lance of IS mechs vs Clan vanguard.

Short and simple and fun.

#6 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 06 June 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Horde mode.

Star of clan mechs vs IS counter attack

Lance of IS mechs vs Clan vanguard.

Short and simple and fun.

How about both short and longer campaign length modes?

#7 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 06 June 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

How about both short and longer campaign length modes?

Because I'm trying to be realistic, considering the cost that all this will incur. Horde mode could end up being considerably cheaper than a fully voice acted, scripted, and cinematic campaign.

Its nice to reach for the stars, but sometimes its best to try and grab the tree branch instead.

#8 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 06 June 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Because I'm trying to be realistic, considering the cost that all this will incur. Horde mode could end up being considerably cheaper than a fully voice acted, scripted, and cinematic campaign.

Its nice to reach for the stars, but sometimes its best to try and grab the tree branch instead.

True voice acted with cinematics is a lot but it could be done in a relatively simple way. Plus if it were to make enough money PgI might just hire a bunch of ppl to focus just on pve. (Very wishful, I know)

#9 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

I think that PVE should be part of a greater whole. Like say separating our mech lab from CW, then having you start out with a rubbish trial mech of some sort. You complete PVE missions to get better mechs/gear, and then use and lose those in our normal PVP CW matches.

With an expanded CW that includes 4v4, imagine you and three of your friends going up against another team.......where there's actually a death penalty. If you lose and you don't have anything to fall back on, you jump back into the PVE missions and grind some more. If you win, you have the possibility of salvaging the mechs your opponents were using and adding that to your unit's stock.

A PVE version of Solaris matches against really crappy bots would make a good round of tutorials. Duncan Fisher explaining how the controls work.....

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

View Postlordtzar, on 06 June 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

I think that PVE should be part of a greater whole. Like say separating our mech lab from CW, then having you start out with a rubbish trial mech of some sort. You complete PVE missions to get better mechs/gear, and then use and lose those in our normal PVP CW matches.

With an expanded CW that includes 4v4, imagine you and three of your friends going up against another team.......where there's actually a death penalty. If you lose and you don't have anything to fall back on, you jump back into the PVE missions and grind some more. If you win, you have the possibility of salvaging the mechs your opponents were using and adding that to your unit's stock.

A PVE version of Solaris matches against really crappy bots would make a good round of tutorials. Duncan Fisher explaining how the controls work.....

I think PVE should be based off our Garage as it is. We earn mechs in PVP and in PVE and can use them in either.

At the start of the PVE campaign, each player picks 4 mechs. You then ahve those 4 mechs throughout the campaign to use as respawns if your mech dies. Upon a mechs destruction, its done for the remainder of the campaign, if you lose all 4, well, your out.....or you have ot pay MC to get a mech fixed, yet another way PGI could make money off PVE....or just wait like 5 missions and you get a mech fixed for a fee off your earnings.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

With the way the game is now a questing mode to find Lostech, rescources, weapons caches, on various planets against PVE defenders or attackers would be more realistic and with alot more replay value. Have a voice acted NPC to talk to for quests maybe?

"Questing" for treasure on various planets in addition to whats currently planned for the game would be a nice change of pace. Maybe add travel costs or what ever. Possibly even limit it to one per day.

This could also be against rival factions in some way giving a point towards the faction map. Get this "mission" type from a different NPC, with different rewards.

Other adversaries could be

rebels
helping rebels
Aliens ala XCOM??? :) Mysterious NPC faction? New tech?
Exploration
Recon
Distress signal

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 June 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#12 x Marder x

• PipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 95 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMaybe behind you

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:34 AM

Take mechwarrior 3 campaign and rebuild it in mwo for IS pilots.For Cleaners there are MEchwarrior 1 or was it 2 where you were a clan pilot and did fight for wolf/ghost bear.

Do it like you could do it in Rainbow Six /rogue spear/raven shield .Play it as FPS or just command the AI.

You have the choice to play as a mech pilot classic way the mechwarrior 3 campaign was or you play it as RTS lie mach commander with top down view. Make money with that and maybe if we progress in time line do later your thing.

No switching in game you have to chose from the start of the campaign as who you want to play.

SO ppl get satisfied who like mach commander and ppl who like piloting mechs get satisfied too.

#13 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:04 AM

View Postx Marder x, on 07 June 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Take mechwarrior 3 campaign and rebuild it in mwo for IS pilots.For Cleaners there are MEchwarrior 1 or was it 2 where you were a clan pilot and did fight for wolf/ghost bear.

Do it like you could do it in Rainbow Six /rogue spear/raven shield .Play it as FPS or just command the AI.

You have the choice to play as a mech pilot classic way the mechwarrior 3 campaign was or you play it as RTS lie mach commander with top down view. Make money with that and maybe if we progress in time line do later your thing.

No switching in game you have to chose from the start of the campaign as who you want to play.

SO ppl get satisfied who like mach commander and ppl who like piloting mechs get satisfied too.

Itd be neat if PGI or someone made a Mechcommander sequel and somehow connected the 2 so we could use our MWO garage to choose units for the Mechcommander Online campaign haha.

#14 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:24 AM

Personally, I think it would be great if PGI remix MW2 to MW4 for campaigns.

#15 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 06 June 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

I think PVE should be based off our Garage as it is. We earn mechs in PVP and in PVE and can use them in either.

At the start of the PVE campaign, each player picks 4 mechs. You then ahve those 4 mechs throughout the campaign to use as respawns if your mech dies. Upon a mechs destruction, its done for the remainder of the campaign, if you lose all 4, well, your out.....or you have ot pay MC to get a mech fixed, yet another way PGI could make money off PVE....or just wait like 5 missions and you get a mech fixed for a fee off your earnings.

Noobs would have a hard time participating in the PVE, unless you made it really easy and then it'd be boring for the vets.

#16 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:03 AM

View Postlordtzar, on 07 June 2015 - 03:00 AM, said:

Noobs would have a hard time participating in the PVE, unless you made it really easy and then it'd be boring for the vets.

Noobs have Trial mechs. Allow PVE to gain credits and stuff all the same as PVP. In about a year or so, Armored Warfare is going to show you all how its done. THey will be having PVE that will gain progression all the same. They will be having a game that is both PVE and PVP. THey will show you all that it is possible to have a good PVP and PVE mixed game.

As for boring for the vets, quite frankly, they do it right and it will be like one of those games you play always, cuz its so good it never gets old. And when it does you leave and come back.

#17 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

I have to admit, I'd be totally satisfied with pgi remaking a older MW title with MWO graphics, etc.

#18 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

I don't know why so many people want pve in this game, this game will not make a good single player pve game. They would have to make a whole new game for that.

#19 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:29 AM

I will say it again,

I would LOVE for PGI to let Weisman and Harebrained, use the current MWO Assets to make a PvE campaign / missions and co-op, tie in to MWO, so that i can use all my mechs and load outs in it, with maybe weight limits etc... on certain missions..... That would be SO Cool....... then let PGI use the PvE assets to flesh out CW, with tie in's between the two

and to really dream, it could be both a first person shooter and MW Commander games, at the same time using all the same assets, with just a different UI that looks like a command console in a orbital ship vs a mech cockpit depending on which mode you are playing........ :wub:

I would promptly buy a PvE campaign / missions kick starter pack at the same price as most mech packs...

then continue to develop campaign / missions packs, that will give them some thing else to sell over time, other than mechs...

And continued additions to CW...... :D

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 07 June 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#20 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

View Postlsp, on 07 June 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

I don't know why so many people want pve in this game, this game will not make a good single player pve game. They would have to make a whole new game for that.

Dude, Mechwarrior makes much better PVE grand campaign game then it does a COD Arena shooter. Solaris is the COD Arena shooter side of MW. MW is much more Men of War, ArmA3, or any of those in depth hard core, tactical shooter games then it is CoD...

Mechwarriors do not just go out onto a random field of battle with no point in mind just to shoot each other. With mechs being as costly, rare and Mechwarriors hard to train and all that.....there would not just be 12 mechs playing nascar around a caldera in the middle of a random point on a random map just because they can.

Now, they might be sending mechs to take the Waste Water Facility at the bottom of that caldera and one side is moving to attack and take it, while the other side is moving to keep it, but they would not just be there to beat each other up for no point like we have now. Or Alpine, one side would be moving to take the Communications bases in the region, but they would not be moving to just play king of the hill on the massive mountain in the middle.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 07 June 2015 - 01:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users