• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 25 June 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

some ideas

You have a hangar, underground, 4 mech bays that you start with
You can walk up to you're mechs, enter they're cockpit leave through a gate into a map as training grounds, shoot stuff and try out you're builds right there

A dropships waits to bring you to a campaign
You could even defend you're base with some AI help/friend(s) from waves of enemy's

You can expand the hangar for cash, can buy a golf cart if it gets too big to walk around in
Could have a room/lobby where trophies are stored, aquarium for fish, cockpit items placed, flags on wall, ...
Could upgrade you're home in looks and what it could do ...
This all could be tied to rewards from CW, PvE, PvP, tournaments, Solaris ...

This would be such a money maker
Add some modding ability from community

Mechwarrior Online players dare not get their hopes up.

Except the modding part, I know all about modding and although some of it can be pro, it cant be relied on for a high standard for a peristent online game. Its just something for offline games to players and I dont mind myself.

I do get the hint how ever and yes the description above could be in game by the end of the week if it was up to some modders. :) Some are that good and fast.

Edited by Johnny Z, 25 June 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#42 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 25 June 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:

Mechwarrior Online players dare not get their hopes up.

Except the modding part, I know all about modding and although some of it can be pro, it cant be relied on for a high standard for a peristent online game. Its just something for offline games to players and I dont mind myself.

Yeah, not expecting anything world shattering anyway

Mods for Skyrim are incredibly high quality in many cases
If you combine modding, the council idea and some MC for best mods you might have a winning strategy

If star citizen has ship contests and giving out real $, MWO could certainly give out MC for best ... Something

Also this here is more about single player right?
Campaign, PvE?

#43 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:31 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 25 June 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

Yeah, not expecting anything world shattering anyway

Mods for Skyrim are incredibly high quality in many cases
If you combine modding, the council idea and some MC for best mods you might have a winning strategy

If star citizen has ship contests and giving out real $, MWO could certainly give out MC for best ... Something

Also this here is more about single player right?
Campaign, PvE?

I made a mod so good for Fallout 3. It was a lush green cyberpunk world total conversion. Take a ship to space, car that needed to be built, total texture over hall, models on cat walks with awsome tunes playing and dancing girls, holographic adds on the street saying funny stuff :) awsome laser weapons and huge battles with giant mech like machines, and base building and defense. A squad of the coolest characters ever backing up the player in massive fights, which was needed because the battles were huge in many areas. Using many mods from others and my own stuff, much of will be in the new Fallout 4 in fact. Actually everything new in Fallout 4 coming out shown so far was done first rate in fallout 3 mods as a matter of fact.

Some guys made amazing mods for npcs and everything imaginable.(some may have been Fallout peeps trying new things as a matter of fact because some were pro voice acted etc. TOP quality) Both Skyrim and Fallout 3 NV got an npc that broke new ground for npc for any game ever and were just free mods no one knew about.

Fallout 4 will be without a doubt game of the year and most likely top game ever along side FF VII which is being remade which will be very interesting also.

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 June 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#44 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 25 June 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

I made a mod so good for Fallout 3. It was a lush green cyberpunk world total conversion. Take a ship to space, car that needed to be built, total texture over hall, models on cat walks with awsome tunes playing and dancing girls, holographic adds on the street saying funny stuff :) awsome laser weapons and huge battles with giant mech like machines, and base building and defense. A squad of the coolest characters ever backing up the player in massive fights, which was needed because the battles were huge in many areas. Using many mods from others and my own stuff, much of will be in the new Fallout 4 in fact. Actually everything new in Fallout 4 coming out shown so far was done first rate in fallout 3 mods as a matter of fact.

Some guys made amazing mods for npcs and everything imaginable.

Fallout 4 will be without a doubt game of the year and most likely top game ever along side FF VII which is being remade which will be very interesting also.

Hmmm, maybe modders could build the maps and Pgi makes sure that they're good? I think I remember them being opposed to that.

This thread is about Pve in general but the main focus is a Pve campaign/mode.

#45 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

single player game, I'm all for a story and mission based campaign, with AI, and npc's. probably the hardest thing would be for PGI is to develop the AI for the game, and a story board. on the plus side they already have most of the mechs needed for a campaign, animations, and maps. I don't think it would be to much of a stretch for the developers to create a single player campaign. A salvage and black market system that would allow us to use items we obtained in online (pvp) gaming would be a bonus!

#46 s0da72

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

At some point PGI will need other sources of revenue besides new mech sales. PVE content could provide that, and as a customer I would be interested in it. Some interesting ideas for it in this thread hopefully PGI is paying attention.

#47 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

For early stage pve they could do a survival mode on the PvP maps. Each wave could drop in dropships. The AI mechs could be stock & champion variants, some heroes would be good too. You could do this by yourself or even with a 12 man.

#48 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

In the latest town hall confirmed plans to implement Pve in 2016. It's happening, just gotta be patient.

#49 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

LOL, Armored Warfare is about to show all these MMO companies how you add PVP/PVE in the same game and make BOTH AWESOME.

Maybe its time PGI stops following WoT's development tactics and go over to AW's tactics, they are shaping up to have a MUCH better game. And EA3 will be having their PVE, and that is next week.

MWO is like 4 years in the making and not even a glimpse of any kind of PVE...and Russ says the snails pace development is good for modern game companies? hardly buddy...

#50 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:23 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 June 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

LOL, Armored Warfare is about to show all these MMO companies how you add PVP/PVE in the same game and make BOTH AWESOME.

Maybe its time PGI stops following WoT's development tactics and go over to AW's tactics, they are shaping up to have a MUCH better game. And EA3 will be having their PVE, and that is next week.

MWO is like 4 years in the making and not even a glimpse of any kind of PVE...and Russ says the snails pace development is good for modern game companies? hardly buddy...

It has so much money making potential you'd think they'd hire ppl to focus on just pve.

#51 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

Here's a thread poll asking how much money you'd be willing to pay for a 20 mission campaign/story mode: http://mwomercs.com/...storyline-mode/

#52 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 25 June 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

In the latest town hall confirmed plans to implement Pve in 2016. It's happening, just gotta be patient.

Ya all good news but the pace of game play features being added is a real downer. Patience from many founders wore thin long ago.(which is why when some flip out I dont take it seriously sorry guys :) although the guys making Mechwarrior do I think)

I made a guess that it would be really slow leading up to a Steam launch so that once Mechwarrior has alot of new customers the game would be able to offer a strong steady stream of new content. Total guess and I hope I am right. Not great for founders or even current players but better for the game over all thats for sure.

PVE can make quite literally legendary amounts of money. One of the few bright spots in todays economy is how much can be offered by a 100 person crew like Bethesda(recently was said its just 100 people unlike the other massive studios) and the money that can be made from it. And like I said before these peeps are actually producing something not leeching off others making something which is even more awsome.

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 June 2015 - 03:15 AM.

#53 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:23 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 28 June 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

Ya all good news but the pace of game play features being added is a real downer. Patience from many founders wore thin long ago.(which is why when some flip out I dont take it seriously sorry guys :) although the guys making Mechwarrior do I think)

I made a guess that it would be really slow leading up to a Steam launch so that once Mechwarrior has alot of new customers the game would be able to offer a strong steady stream of new content. Total guess and I hope I am right. Not great for founders or even current players but better for the game over all thats for sure.

PVE can make quite literally legendary amounts of money. One of the few bright spots in todays economy is how much can be offered by a 100 person crew like Bethesda(recently was said its just 100 people unlike the other massive studios) and the money that can be made from it. And like I said before these peeps are actually producing something not leeching off others making something which is even more awsome.

Maybe if this thread gets big enough Pgi will hurry up with Pve. They're really missing out on money here.

#54 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 01 July 2015 - 02:23 AM, said:

Maybe if this thread gets big enough Pgi will hurry up with Pve. They're really missing out on money here.

I suppose its easier said than done. I know all to well its easy to work like a slave and get just enough to survive in return and be thrown to the wolves when not at top performance. Same goes for these game makers. They have to make money from their efforts and production. With the saturated market its even tougher for game makers.

I cant count how many times my car was sabotaged during the night before going to work or when at work and having to call a tow truck to get home. Or being pulled over by the cops and my car seized, or being fined many many times on the way to work. Doing an hournable construction job like my dad and grandad before me. Skilled hard labour, the hardest.

So I am fully aware of some of the challenges out there.

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 July 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#55 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 01 July 2015 - 02:43 AM, said:

I suppose its easier said than done. I know all to well its easy to work like a slave and get just enough to survive in return and be thrown to the wolves when not at top performance. Same goes for these game makers. They have to make money from their efforts and production. With the saturated market its even tougher for game makers.

Sad but true. I suppose it's too much to do on top of mech packs, map updates, etc.

Just in case a dev sees this, I'd preorder a campaign (especially Davion) very quickly.

#56 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 06 June 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

NO PVE until PVP is done right and completed

Think about the poor new players!

They NEED PvE to train for PvP!

#57 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

OK, so yeah, PVE in MWO, about that. Maybe someone should twitter Russ and crew to go play Armored Warfare tomorrow on the US or EU server, and realize, that if they make PVE even THAT good, OMG this game would be amazing.

I played a number of rounds in AW PVE today, while it has quirks, I loved it. And blah blah AI is so hard to code, that AI was fun enough to play, even if it was fairly ez overall. If PGI could do even THAT with a PVE campaign of sorts I would play it till I grey old and gray....and thats a ways off.

#58 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:24 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 06 June 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

NO PVE until PVP is done right and completed

ha...hahahaha

Naa, I think I'll take PVE now plox.

#59 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 02 July 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

OK, so yeah, PVE in MWO, about that. Maybe someone should twitter Russ and crew to go play Armored Warfare tomorrow on the US or EU server, and realize, that if they make PVE even THAT good, OMG this game would be amazing.

I played a number of rounds in AW PVE today, while it has quirks, I loved it. And blah blah AI is so hard to code, that AI was fun enough to play, even if it was fairly ez overall. If PGI could do even THAT with a PVE campaign of sorts I would play it till I grey old and gray....and thats a ways off.

Well said. On top of that, PGI could patch in harder difficulties pretty easily once they got an idea of how good their first swing at AI was.

#60 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

A remake of the MW2:Mercs Campaign would be fraking awesome, I dont even care if you can choose missions or it is just linear progression. Teaching newcomers about the Clan Invasion and what the factions are will give them a much better insight into what is going on, and may also help with player retention. It gives them a taste of the lore and may convert some from "robot shooty fighter" to fans of the franchise.

Afterwards, maybe look at separate campaigns for each faction. MW2 already has a story base for Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Ghost Bear. Maybe change it, but you have great inspiration material right there already.

One other thing I'd want to see PGI add is an Archive Holoprojector like the one from MW2:31stCC. The amount of hours I spent reading that scares me to think about. That is what got me interested in the BT universe from the start and it is 90% of the reason I even looked into BT, coming from the afore mentioned "robot shooty fighter" crowd and became a huge fan of the universe, which in turn, has been a driver in me spending money on the franchise, including this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users