Voice Of The...chancellor...?

67 replies to this topic

#21 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

That counter attack on boreal was great. Thanks for a fun battle guys! I'd have done another but only had an hour and half of it was wasted on ghost drops, lol.

#22 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

View Postccrider, on 07 June 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

That counter attack on boreal was great. Thanks for a fun battle guys! I'd have done another but only had an hour and half of it was wasted on ghost drops, lol.

Glad we could meet in combat

#23 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, I was happy to trade forum warrior for some actual mech combat. Now I just gotta figure out how to squeeze a 3rd and 4th Zeus into my deck. Hope you all appreciated the urbie in my deck; my nod to my citizens. ;)

#24 ArchangelKenko

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

#25 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

this is the best thread. 3/15/3050, never forget :eagletear:

#26 Verenix

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

Again guys for the third time i'm really not trying to antagonize the community

@Zvolimir the Blackhand

Look...I personally don't know what transpired between you and Metro...All I know is that there was some sort of disagreement that created bad blood...which lead you to create the HLGK. It then only started gaining popularity when the RL joined and Stone started doing his thing. This is NOT my opinion...just what happened...

So to a certain extent I can understand your feelings towards this particular subject. This is why I posted over and over the quote stated at the top and bottom. If you feel too strongly about the subject..then don't post...because you know its going to be salty flame.

Don't think of this as an attack against HLGK, because it isn't. This post is just directed in general. Many important Capellans are pro-lore....so it was thought that this post would be appreciated by those people..

@GI Journalist

I claim to promote no one...? This is just a mech pilot voicing out something that seems a bit wrong is all....

Seriously...? Trolling....? Time and place....

In all honesty, the point was overcome by salt and flame.... I thought we were better than to give in to our emotions.

Don't we give proper respect where its due...even amidst emotion, opinion and preconception...? The squawkers are the type to ridicule with made up transmissions...not us. This entire topic drops us down to their level.

This isn't a Dav thread...so why the made up role play...? Why the insults? Why the flame? It doesn't serve any positive purpose...only reinforce to other houses how petty we are.

This is how Squawkers act...

Are we Squawkers, or Capellans?

~Verenix~

Again guys for the third time i'm really not trying to antagonize the community

Edited by Verenix, 07 June 2015 - 08:58 PM.

#27 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

View PostVerenix, on 07 June 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

@Zvolimir the Blackhand

Look...I personally don't know what transpired between you and Metro...All I know is that there was some sort of disagreement that created bad blood...which lead you to create the HLGK. It then only started gaining popularity when the RL joined and Stone started doing his thing. This is NOT my opinion...just what happened...

So to a certain extent I can understand your feelings towards this particular subject. This is why I posted over and over the quote stated at the top and bottom. If you feel too strongly about the subject..then don't post...because you know its going to be salty flame.

Don't think of this as an attack against HLGK, because it isn't. This post is just directed in general. Many important Capellans are pro-lore....so it was thought that this post would be appreciated by those people..

@GI Journalist

I claim to promote no one...? This is just a mech pilot voicing out something that seems a bit wrong is all....

Seriously...? Trolling....? Time and place....

In all honesty, the point was overcome by salt and flame.... I thought we were better than to give in to our emotions.

Don't we give proper respect where its due...even amidst emotion, opinion and preconception...? The squawkers are the type to ridicule with made up transmissions...not us. This entire topic drops us down to their level.

This isn't a Dav thread...so why the made up role play...? Why the insults? Why the flame? It doesn't serve any positive purpose...only reinforce to other houses how petty we are.

This is how Squawkers act...

Are we Squawkers, or Capellans?

~Verenix~

Actually: calling "metro" the Chancellor is more Roleplay then anything we've posted. Claiming "metro" is anything in MWO is crap. He has posted in other places that he doesn't care for this game....so why should you say that he is the "Chancellor" of the CCAF? Maybe if he played, he might have some clout: but he doesn't. If you come onto the forums and proclaim something: best be able to back that up. This isn't an attack on any unit. It is straight up truth that if the Island of Metro gave two fen about MW:O then he would be on the forums. He would ENGAGE with the COMMUNITY. But that doesn't seem to work.

You can't claim some imaginary title and then expect people to listen to you: if you only show up to toot your own horn and not build the community.

Are we squawkers? No. We are on the forums. Are we Capellens? YES. Is metro any of these things? No. Participation is key to victory.

#28 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

Who the **** is Metro?

#29 Tapdancing Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:58 AM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 07 June 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

Who the **** is Metro?

Some lonely poser I assume.

#30 LittleFly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:36 AM

Metro played MW3 and MW4 apparently was a major player. He hasn't really played MWO at all yet wanted the same level of respect and leadership. Once he started to demote people that were trying to build teamwork and gameplay within capcon and promote his friends with no experience and less leadership skills many of us left.

Gatekeepers showed up a bit later, but looked a bit corny to me, eventually however the other unit I was in, yay 286th, decided to disband and join other houses, and being Liao gatekeepers were the only other major group of players that were in house liao.

Are gatekeepers perfect, no, but they are a damn sight better than units that base their positions based off of who you know rather than what you do. I appreciate that Gatekeepers are a merit based community, which is based on canon which is why I am part of house liao as well.

#31 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGrandma's basement

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:15 AM

Guys. Communication is key!

#32 buryingbeetle

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostVerenix, on 07 June 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

This post is not meant to rustle anyone up...Just trying to point out something to the pro-lore Liao community....

So people insist on posting things like "The Voice of the Chancellor"....but you have to ask yourself...is it?

We can't post ANYTHING that says the above...unless we've actually spoken with the Chancellor (i.e Metro).

Whether we like it or not, Metro is the legitimate Chancellor of Liao. If you don't speak to Metro about whatever you want to post AND get his approval...then you should not say anything to the effect of "In the Voice of the Chancellor".

Some might say "But Metro is a ghost, he isn't on" or "Metro quit MWO!"...Well that's too bad. If the pro-lore community truly is pro-lore...then they'll respect the Chancellor's authority whether he's here or not....and not post in his name.

Again this post is not to piss on anyone's day....just something that should be clarified :)

~Verenix~

Nice b8

Posted Image

#33 Corn

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

Welcome back Metro / Verenix! Long time no see brother! How's communication been?

#34 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

What's a Metro?

#35 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

your average crazy liatoenians :rolleyes:

#36 Verenix

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostCorn, on 08 June 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Welcome back Metro / Verenix! Long time no see brother! How's communication been?

._.

Um.......no.

#37 Corn

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

Don't be shy, Metro. It really is ok! We actually, sincerely miss you around here. It's good to have you back.

:)

#38 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

Why all this "metro" debate? I am clearly the chancellor. As Sepp Blatter would say, "I am now the president(chancellor) of everybody, which means I am the president(chancellor) of everybody." I just won't be resigning amidst any bribery scandals.

#39 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

I would sooner follow Candice Liao these days, I think...

#40 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 09 June 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

I would sooner follow Candice Liao these days, I think...

Who the **** is CandIce?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users