Anything Being Done To Prevent Further Hacks?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Oakenwall - the khadoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

I was in behind some big mountains(the jungle map) and no enemy in sight and have radar deprivation yet magically get hit by LRM or something ... WTF

Really the game had barely started and no way anyone would have come behind me, im a 140 speed mech, i was the front line but faar away from team on the side and behind solid high mountains...

First time iv actually felt there was some hacks going on..and it felt just dirty. lost my will to play

so is this getting looked at how to actually prevent it from happening and not just bans?.

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image

#3 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

esp cant get you locks dude

#4 Mike Oakenwall - the khadoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

I got hit through solid objects with 0 enemies close, get it? didnt think i would have to spell this out.
After 1000+ games you can feel when something is out of the ordinary.

Edited by deanon, 07 June 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#5 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

View Postdeanon, on 07 June 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

I got hit through solid objects with 0 enemies close, get it? didnt think i would have to spell this out.
After 1000+ games you can feel when something is out of the ordinary.

You didn't pop behind a rock right before hand right? HSR could be to blame if that's the case. Otherwise report the guy and let PGI deal with it.

#6 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

The only thing I can say is make a report. The time of the game, the situation, what was damaging you (if known) and let PGI try to handle it.

If a player was doing something they should not be capable of doing then PGI staff are the only people whom can truly identify the problem.

I have had games (after many 1000s of drops) where things don't seem right. That is why I now have FRAPs all set to go. NVIDA also has some good software as well for recording screen action.

Cheers
Eboli

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Hacks

LRMs

That's not how this works...
Were the LRMs, by chance, coming in from the other 3 sides you were not protected from? Via UAV above your head?

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Yes, PGI is still actively hunting Hacks. No it's not an instant fix. And no, they can't tell you what they are doing as it just makes it easier for cheaters.

#9 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

probably a light with lrm and ecm

#10 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:32 PM

That's normal no big deal, I always blame PGI

You haven't seen at the beginning of a match where there is this one light running around
And your saying to your self what the heck is this guy doing

I rage quit all the time
For example ever been killed by a Bot? Well it will make you want to throw your PC out the window
If you play enough you will see all kinds of crazy stuff

You just learn to take the good with the bad
In CW being a pug we would get roll flipping stomped by the so called OP clan, and when I say stomped that is an under statement
After getting to IS rank 30 I went to the clan side well guess what I was getting roll stomped as a Clan pug
If you are kicking the dog crap out of a TW that's doing something
Anyway you learn to take the good with the bad

#11 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

Normally... I don't weigh in on this sort of discussion. Saying it's volatile is like calling really old TNT 'slightly unstable'.

Since hackageddon though, the passive aggressive statements of incredulity and flat out accusations of hacking are insane. It's out of hand. Sportsmanship has taken a back seat to whiny denial and elitist jerkness.

"Right. There was no way you could know I was there, and you hit me"
"********. You took my CT in two hits and NOTHING ELSE, Not suspicious at all"
"Riiight. Headshot from 500m. Not suspicious at all"
"I was exposed for less than a second, and you hit me. ********"
"Hacker. Reported"

Whenever I move, anywhere, I point my pointy bits where I think the enemy will be. More often than not, i'm right. I know the maps. I know that lurking behind the team and sniping makes me vulnerable, and every now and again I crazy ivan and clear the areas -I- would attack from if I were trying to sneak up on someone.

Map knowledge is not hacking.

If you've peeked from beside cover three times, and I nail you with dual gauss on the fourth, i'm not using a wallhack. If you're going to peek, you have to expect that i'll be charging gauss over and over like it's an olympic event. If i'm using vanilla dakka, the instant I see pixels poking, you'll have ordnance headed your way.

Punishing repetitious behavior is not hacking.

If I have a general idea of where an enemy team is lurking, and if I am actively scanning cover for telltale pixels peeking out, i'm not using freaking a wallhack. I'm using my mark 1 eyeball. I know where the ramps are in canyon. I know where mechs are going to peek from on caustic. I know where the tops of mechs will appear on alpine. I FREAKING KNOW WHERE YOU WILL BE IN MORDOR. THAT MAP IS JUST THREE BRIDGES AND CHOKE POINTS.

Punishing predictability is not hacking.

Getting lurmed from nowhere? ECM is everywhere. Lots and lots and lots of mechs can spy you with their little eye and call in the rain. UAV's can be thrown up in really, really creative places, and you will never know. I've killed mechs with gauss from 2km away.

Just because you don't understand what killed you, it doesn't mean the enemy was hacking.

If you're in a light mech, and you're stationary for anything upwards of one second, you have to accept the fact that you can take crippling damage before you know what's hit you. No, you weren't on the run. You were stationary. Stopped is stopped. If you're peeking, the transition from forwards to backwards does not make you invincible. You haven't been aimbotted. You've been out-thought. If you're in an assault, or a lurm boat, or any mech that requires face time to throw damage downrange, you need to accept that a decent pilot can put accurate return fire into specific locations if you aren't torso twisting.

Exploiting chassis weakness is not hacking.

Ever since the ban wave, it appears that the "OMG my team sucks" excuse bandwagon has thrown a cart wheel and everyone has upgraded to the first class hackusation carriage of the whine train. CHOO CHOO MOTHER *******. Next stop, whineville.

Grow up. If you spend all your time whining about people hacking you, you will learn nothing from your legitimate mistakes.

Edited by Kiiyor, 07 June 2015 - 07:51 PM.

#12 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

View Postdeanon, on 07 June 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

I was in behind some big mountains(the jungle map) and no enemy in sight and have radar deprivation yet magically get hit by LRM or something ... WTF

Really the game had barely started and no way anyone would have come behind me, im a 140 speed mech, i was the front line but faar away from team on the side and behind solid high mountains...

First time iv actually felt there was some hacks going on..and it felt just dirty. lost my will to play

so is this getting looked at how to actually prevent it from happening and not just bans?.

There are lights that go faster than 140. So yes, someone could have gotten behind you with ECM.

Unless you are a small-ish mech with your face right up against the wall, LRMs can still angle themselves up and over onto your head. You being away from your team doesn't help your case. It also sounds like you stood still. So there's also that. Someone doesn't need a lock to dumb fire onto you.

#13 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

I've had that "OMG how can there be LRMs hitting me back here" feeling.

I've concluded there must be a spotter or a UAV.

#14 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostAppogee, on 07 June 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

I've had that "OMG how can there be LRMs hitting me back here" feeling.

I've concluded there must be a spotter or a UAV.

NO U WERE HACKED PGI DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT.

#hackusationsonlyplz

#15 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

Eh, all you can do is report it.

All the people blowing you off are also annoying to me. there are deffinatly hacks going on. had an Adder core my 171kph TDK, through the back, in one shot as I was looking right at him shooting me in the face running perpendicular to him. Such aim, very tracking! One shot by 4 ERML through the back of my fresh mech as I crossed his screen at 171kph with my back facing directly away from him.

Saw a Pretty baby do 950 dmg this weekend on FC! Amazing match! Except as i saw him(was one of last two mecha live) I noticed he was shooting a laser...no, thats not right, he was shooting SIX lasers. It was easy to see, because I had heat vision on. hard to miss the white lines. One in each arm, torso, CT and Head. Pretty baby, 6 kills 6 assist 900+ dmg, fireing 6 lasers with 3 hardpoints.

Another PB ran up to my 48 point alpha pulse laser stalker on HPG. I was on the top platform with a teammate. he ran up the ramp, and then just stopped right in front of me and started chain fireing his 3 lasers. I put 4 alphas into his STATIONARY right torso, didnt even strip his armor. he killed me, then ran to the team mate that was on the ramp to the side of me(I went to spectate) and chainfired him to death too while sustaining almost no dmg from team mates fire.

Look, I know PGI is working on things. And this isnt the type of thing that comes up every match. At least, I dont notice it every match. but enough stuff happens to make people throw out those accusations, and it is silly to just belittle them and blow it all off.

All you can do is make reports and let PGI settle it.

I guess what gets me, these leaderboards.... when PGI handed out the bans last time, did they rectify the leaderboards? there was like 10 players on them(i think it was the founders one or Pheonix one) that got banned. Did PGI ever correctthem and hand out proper rewards to the "new" leaderboard players? When you put a carrot out there, there are some players that will do ANYTHING to get it, even if it means risking their accounts they spent RL money on.

#16 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:47 PM

Tag is great for finding out where the wall gives way. You can paint the sides of hills and building with it and then watch it turn red -> then alpha or lock and fire. Does not seem fair, but it works very well and is not a hack.

PS you can also use lasers on chain fire to get the same result.

#17 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:00 AM

Had something happen that made me think aimbot for the first time yesterday - a Flame (didnt see pilot unfortunately) popped round a corner and shot me in a raven directly in the head with an AC10. Fine, that happens from time to time, didnt think anything of it, but then i went round the corner again (from a different angle) and he snap shotted my head component AGAIN. In a light, that seems .. unlikely.

#18 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:05 AM

There are sneaky light spotters that just stare at you over a ridge. We got Narcs, we have UAVs.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 08 June 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

Had something happen that made me think aimbot for the first time yesterday - a Flame (didnt see pilot unfortunately) popped round a corner and shot me in a raven directly in the head with an AC10. Fine, that happens from time to time, didnt think anything of it, but then i went round the corner again (from a different angle) and he snap shotted my head component AGAIN. In a light, that seems .. unlikely.
Unlikely is not impossible though. Guy may have just been a good shot.

#20 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:29 AM

Oh great, its time for yet ANOTHER one of these threads again.

Look OP and all LRM whiners/Hack whiners/etc: just because someone has beaten your uba supa metabuild it does NOT mean they where hackers. It means that they either got lucky or had more skill than you. Probably the latter.

Long Range Missile are as far from over powered as you get, baring the flamer that is. They can be countered by: Cover, ECM, AMS, Brain power, Short (>180M) ranges, etc.
Stop whining.
Stop it.
Now.
Nope.
No more.
You are not good, you are terrible. Screaming LRMpocalypse.... Trust me, and any other Beta veteran, you do not even know WHAT an LRMpocalypse is. LRMpocalypse was 98% of all missiles fired hitting your front CT, and said missiles flying so fast that they covered 1000M in less than 2 seconds.
LRMpocalypse was 100+ tubes of said CT seeking warpspeed missiles on a team, and the team with the most winning 9/10.
LRMpocalypse is the reason that so many of us veterans stick as many AMS as possible on our Mechs, because back then even though AMS where far less effective we used every advantage possible. And we packed a lot of ammunition.

These days, in an age where LRM's have been nerfed into the ground, an age where there are countless countermeasures and untold chassis which can mount them, if you are consistently dying to Long Range Missiles then the problem is with you. Y. O. U.

Stop screaming and learn to play.

Edited by Blood Rose, 08 June 2015 - 02:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users