• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 10 June 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

Yes, I think that dropships that are decked out with quirked ERLL's and hovering 4 times longer is going to prevent 12 man teams from camping. Some will try and some will adapt and try to find other ways to end drop ship farming but the days of defenders coming out the gates and farming the attackers at their drop ships is over on the 16th. Not sure how this affects defenders drop ships or where the new drop zones will be but yea...after doing the math, dropships used to be able to fire roughly 3 times during their pass, with the new quirks and such, they will get to fire at least 6 times and more depending on how good the quirks are. they have 11 ERLL's or 66 ERLL's firing every pass minimum if you are in range. 12 atlases can't stand up to that. Sure you may be able to get some shots off but you are going to die quickly if you get in range.

I have no problem with NS or anyone else playing this way...I was simply pointing out that on the 16th, none of us will have a choice. Trying to rush the drop ships will result in very little out going damage and a whole ton of incoming damage. Don't believe me, rush the drop zones, want to see more clearly, go alone and take a picture as your mech takes 11 ERLL's to the CT every 3-4 seconds...and that's if only 1 drop ship comes into range.

I wasn't quite aware of that. I read a blurb about it but I wasn't sure what the final implementation would look like. For some reason I thought it was just one Dropship doing this.

I might have missed it but often the camping happens on the defender dropships, are there buffs on the defender dropships? If they do that may make the game more objective based rather than fights (which some would howl about basedon the light rushing unhappiness)

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 10 June 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

I wasn't quite aware of that. I read a blurb about it but I wasn't sure what the final implementation would look like. For some reason I thought it was just one Dropship doing this.

I might have missed it but often the camping happens on the defender dropships, are there buffs on the defender dropships? If they do that may make the game more objective based rather than fights (which some would howl about basedon the light rushing unhappiness)

Yes, all defensive dropships are getting ER LLs, with quirks for duration (and something else) and they will all aim directly for CT. They will also hover for 4 seconds after dropping mechs off. Additionally, the defenders will now spawn in a more secluded location, out of the attack lane.

Unfortunately, this may give rise to defensive griefing tactics of camping in spawn to draw out games, especially on counter-attack mode.

#23 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

Yea, going to be quite a change to get used to I suppose. May have to start outfitting a few of my mechs for more long range engagements as that will be the only way to dig people out of their drop zones if they choose to sit back and wait...oh well, adapt and overcome.

#24 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 10 June 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yea, going to be quite a change to get used to I suppose. May have to start outfitting a few of my mechs for more long range engagements as that will be the only way to dig people out of their drop zones if they choose to sit back and wait...oh well, adapt and overcome.

Has been the winning philosophy since roughly 14 Billion B.C.

#25 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

Agreed Pat. problem is that its NOT our fault NS. if the enemy wont learn to regroup quickly and counter us without relying too much on the dropships now in general they will get hurt for doing that and ive seen plenty of that. This june 16th patch can be seen as helping pugs with no sense of skill level at all. This is why you never should pug drop in CW. I sure as hell don't do it because of a few things

1. TRIAL MECHS. DONT USE THEM.

2. LEARN TEAMSPEAK. I know voip but most units use TS.

3. JOIN A FKN UNIT.

in CW there is no telling what your in for. if your going to pug, it wont end well. play with a group or unit, then you have a chance.

#26 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:59 AM

Not sure I agree with ya Iragi, KCom has a very high win ratio in CW and we mostly use mid to short range builds...but yea, with the dropocaplylse coming, we may have to join the rest of the meta group.

#27 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 11 June 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

Not sure I agree with ya Iragi, KCom has a very high win ratio in CW and we mostly use mid to short range builds...but yea, with the dropocaplylse coming, we may have to join the rest of the meta group.

My comment was in reference to "Adapt and overcome" being the dominant philosophy since the dawn of the universe. Sorry, should have made it more obvious.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 11 June 2015 - 01:16 AM.

#28 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 11 June 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

Since experimenting with clans ... we honestly thought we would be doing ranged fights but it was pretty obvious to us quickly that close range fights were more fun and took advantage of clan strengths. Mobility, great torso twist, and burst firepower. The only thing I haven't nailed down is a good dakka build for the super hot maps.

#29 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostBSK, on 07 June 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

You must be joking. During the Adder-event and others when you needed a match score of 80 to gain points for the challenge, you guys kept doing light rushes with your partystarters to end the match within less than 5 minutes. None of you got more than a score of 15 points and your double AMS was eating up my streaks with 71 being the highest score that I got. I repeatedly told you guys about the event, asked you to stop this and play in an honourful way so everybody can achieve points for the challenge. You laughed it off and kept doing it again and again, ruining the games for pugs and the community, giving you a very bad and infamous reputation. I can upload several videos if you "forgot" about that.

Hard to believe you guys have suddenly matured ..

haha owned

#30 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 07 June 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

In CW Beta 2, Night's Scorn ]NS[ has generally taking the stance when fighting straight up pug matches to give pugs the ability to regroup and fight. We will try to avoid the dropships where practical and possible. NOTE: Sometimes it just works out for various reasons that drop ship camping will occur ... but we are going to continuously make the effort to not drop ship camp. I've been communicating this during all matches I am part of and pushing the idea to our various Officers.

So if you are a pug group and you see us we will try to just make it into a fun fight for both sides. Obviously there are always exceptions but I can only say we will make the effort. Last few mechs will always get camped of course to end the match in a timely manner. Pug stomping is a money maker but isn't fun for us and for you. So we will try to make it more competitive for all involved.

I applaud you for taking this stance. We at 3TL have had this stance for awhile now and did so during last event. tis a shame many will continue with their poor attitude towards grouping and teams though. Loo forward to teaming with you again.

View PostBSK, on 07 June 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Hard to believe you guys have suddenly matured ..

Yes they have actually. It's why I choose to group with them when I'm able.

#31 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 11 June 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

I applaud you for taking this stance. We at 3TL have had this stance for awhile now and did so during last event. tis a shame many will continue with their poor attitude towards grouping and teams though. Loo forward to teaming with you again.

Yes they have actually. It's why I choose to group with them when I'm able.

I wouldn't say matured ... that would be giving us entirely too much credit. :)

#32 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 11 June 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

I wouldn't say matured ... that would be giving us entirely too much credit. :)

Maturity is over rated anyway....

Just learn to be a good sport and wins and losses both get a lot easier to handle. But stop acting like a kid....

NEVER! :angry:

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 11 June 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

haha owned

No room for NKVA trolls here....sorry.

0/10

#33 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

Please try to be more inclusive and less hostile, DarkWheatus

#34 MadFJohn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

one side note the leopard drop-ship are not armed correctly. they are missing there missals, PPC, and other weapons. they have more the Large Lasers. look them up in the BT universe

#35 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 11 June 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Please try to be more inclusive and less hostile, DarkWheatus

To unhelpful trolls?

When you get sick with a disease, do you try to be more inclusive of that virus, or kill it? Now understandably, trolls aren't as bad as many viruses, but the analogy still works.

#36 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

I can just see team after team of Pugs hiding in the base because they know that the second one of them dies, their dropship is gonna solo the enemy team. Another well thought out and supremely balanced gameplay enhancement by ShovelWare Inc.

#37 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

Sorry, Iraqi,, I totally missed that one. Yea I can agree with that to some extent...There is a large section of this community that chooses to come here and whine in the face of adversity rather than adapt and overcome. Always makes me laugh, when I'm not yelling at my screen:)

#38 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 11 June 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

I can just see team after team of Pugs hiding in the base because they know that the second one of them dies, their dropship is gonna solo the enemy team. Another well thought out and supremely balanced gameplay enhancement by ShovelWare Inc.

If done right, the dropships will only engage enemies that are close to the spawn, leaving the attackers to still kill the gens.

View PostPat Kell, on 11 June 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

Sorry, Iraqi,, I totally missed that one. Yea I can agree with that to some extent...There is a large section of this community that chooses to come here and whine in the face of adversity rather than adapt and overcome. Always makes me laugh, when I'm not yelling at my screen:)

No problem ;)

and agreed on that last part. :D

#39 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

Last attack phase the remaining 3 of us awake played versus a 12 man of NS and can you believe it, the first chance they got to move out they used to spawn camp on Taiga. And then on Boreal again.

Ridiculous ..

#40 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:03 AM

Yea, I am not too concerned when it's an attack, counter attack is going to be a chore though as you have to kill mechs to some degree. Oh well, guess we'll see how things go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users