Farming Drop Ships

92 replies to this topic

#41 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 June 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

To unhelpful trolls?

When you get sick with a disease, do you try to be more inclusive of that virus, or kill it? Now understandably, trolls aren't as bad as many viruses, but the analogy still works.

I'm sorry you've got a disease. Get well soon, IraqiWalker!

#42 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 11 June 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

Sorry, Iraqi,, I totally missed that one. Yea I can agree with that to some extent...There is a large section of this community that chooses to come here and whine in the face of adversity rather than adapt and overcome. Always makes me laugh, when I'm not yelling at my screen:)

Sadly IraqiWalker and his ilk are exactly that. I'd love to have seen them get better because not having anyone really good enough to roll with us was a major contributor to the death of CW for me. I spent a lot of time giving advice to davions. Some of it even stuck!

Of course that wasn't the primary contributor. That was the disappointing mistakes and ineptitude of PGI both socially and technically.

#43 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostBSK, on 11 June 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Last attack phase the remaining 3 of us awake played versus a 12 man of NS and can you believe it, the first chance they got to move out they used to spawn camp on Taiga. And then on Boreal again.

Ridiculous ..

Um excuse me?

We stayed FAR away from the drop ships until the very very end. Just because we are outside the gates doesn't make it spawn camping. We moved back and forth between crashed drop ship and pass on boreal, far away from the spawns. Just because you ran back to the spawn with your dragon tail between your legs doesn't mean we were spawn camping.

On taiga? Seriously? We could not even see the spawns for most of that match, we fought most of it right outside the gates, in the middle if the map!!

Is engaging outside of the gates considered spawn camping now? Spawn camping to me is sitting right by where the dropships drop and just wrecking any mech that drops instantly. There was no closing in of dropships, or surrounding or focusing or anything. Hell, we were outside of the range of the drop ship ER LLs.

Absolutely ridiculous that you would come on here and lie because you were butthurt. Drop your false accusations man.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 12 June 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#44 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 June 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Um excuse me?

We stayed FAR away from the drop ships until the very very end.

In fact on the very fast wave on Taiga you moved out to the spawn on the left and then maybe remembered your words here, withdrawing from that position.
Why would I be butthurt, I can deal with a loss to a 12 man unit. I just dont like how you guys ruined several events that were meant to populate CW, but after realizing the decreasing population you come to this forum pretending to be nice guys. In my opinion, you are not.

#45 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostBSK, on 12 June 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

In fact on the very fast wave on Taiga you moved out to the spawn on the left and then maybe remembered your words here, withdrawing from that position.
Why would I be butthurt, I can deal with a loss to a 12 man unit. I just dont like how you guys ruined several events that were meant to populate CW, but after realizing the decreasing population you come to this forum pretending to be nice guys. In my opinion, you are not.

On the very last wave? Yeah i think we had over 40 kills at that point... and I seem to remember us going there because we were chasing a light.

Why would you be butthurt? I wouldn't think you should be but you came on here to complain so...

How did we ruin CW events?? I feel like any event where we had rewards for getting to 80 match points, we fought it out for a while so everyone could get there 80 points before deciding to end the match (god forbid the defending team mount a successful defense, but no your right, we are the bad guys because we are in a group and win)

#46 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:20 AM

Shame you guys aren't DC anymore... rumor has it the Davions will be back in force this weekend. Note: this is completely and utterly a rumor and I speak only for 22AL and our intense desire to shoot copious amounts of big stompy robots with dragons on them. That is all :)

#47 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostBSK, on 07 June 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

You must be joking. During the Adder-event and others when you needed a match score of 80 to gain points for the challenge, you guys kept doing light rushes with your partystarters to end the match within less than 5 minutes. None of you got more than a score of 15 points and your double AMS was eating up my streaks with 71 being the highest score that I got. I repeatedly told you guys about the event, asked you to stop this and play in an honourful way so everybody can achieve points for the challenge. You laughed it off and kept doing it again and again, ruining the games for pugs and the community, giving you a very bad and infamous reputation. I can upload several videos if you "forgot" about that.

Hard to believe you guys have suddenly matured ..

Okay just reread this.

I don't remember EVER ending a match by light rush during one of these events. Why would we do that when we could get points.

Maybe people wanted to quick cap a planet right before ceasefire here and there so would end a few matches quickly to get to that end.. I can't remember. Typical method was to use lights to bring down the gens and put some damage on the objective to force the team to be nervous about losing omega and play scared, and then move on to mech to mech combat to get points and c-bills, and then end the match. Your description of us ruining CW events like that is a gross exaggeration.

In any case publicly denouncing our unit for playing a game within the rules is BS. Its not our fault that:

A ) The game makes light rushing possible
B ) Teams are not organized enough to defend against light rushes

Hell, its not like we loaded up with 3 light waves and only focused on destroying omega like some OTHER groups. (*cough* Marik/Davion *cough*)

To be honest, I hate light rushing, its boring. I'm glad they are giving defenders easy mode, because I don't want our drop callers to ever call for light rushes again. I don't like camping spawns either.

View PostCMetz, on 12 June 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Shame you guys aren't DC anymore... rumor has it the Davions will be back in force this weekend. Note: this is completely and utterly a rumor and I speak only for 22AL and our intense desire to shoot copious amounts of big stompy robots with dragons on them. That is all :)

All in good time :D

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 12 June 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#48 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 June 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

On the very last wave? Yeah i think we had over 40 kills at that point

No, it was the first wave, it was 4 to 13. And it is a lie, a complete and ridiculous lie you ever were that respectful and honourful to the community to let people get 80 points.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 June 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Your description of us ruining CW events like that is a gross exaggeration.

I have 5 videos and 60 screenshots of match results to prove you wrong. I dropped a lot against you, it was easy for me to get 600 to 800 LP in 5 minutes instead of 2200 LP in a 30 minute regular game. But you guys never listened when I told you about the events, laughed it off and were very destructive for the cw community. Don't blame the guy who points it out, blame yourself.

#49 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostBSK, on 12 June 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

No, it was the first wave, it was 4 to 13. And it is a lie, a complete and ridiculous lie you ever were that respectful and honourful to the community to let people get 80 points.

I have 5 videos and 60 screenshots of match results to prove you wrong. I dropped a lot against you, it was easy for me to get 600 to 800 LP in 5 minutes instead of 2200 LP in a 30 minute regular game. But you guys never listened when I told you about the events, laughed it off and were very destructive for the cw community. Don't blame the guy who points it out, blame yourself.

That's not how I remember it. Either way, it isn't really spawn camping to push the attackers out and then fall back to just outside the gates. That is called defending.

I rack up a lot of points in those challenges though so, one of us is lying! Love to see those 50 screen shots. I would just love it. Post them here! Although how do you prove that they were during CW events?

Man you really are a sour individual. Destructive for the CW community... please.

Its a little difficult to argue about events from months ago, it is tough to tell what situations you are referring to. I mean, if we ran into you a couple times right before cease fire, maybe we ended a couple matches quickly to take planets. If that is what you are referring too, tough ****.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 12 June 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#50 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostBSK, on 12 June 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

And it is a lie, a complete and ridiculous lie you ever were that respectful and honourful to the community to let people get 80 points.

So you want participation trophies or what? From the matches I remember during challenges, unless you referring to a VERY small minority of matches, the matches lasted long enough for a reasonably productive player to get their 80 points. If a player doesn't know what they are doing and can't get the points, I don't know what you want. If you care so much about those people take them under your wing and teach them how to play.

#51 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 June 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

If done right, the dropships will only engage enemies that are close to the spawn, leaving the attackers to still kill the gens.

Yes, because PIG has such a great track record of "done right" as you put it. The last time I checked attacker dropships can still snipe you from the Alpha/Beta saddle on Sulphurous. These people have the opposite of the Golden Touch; everything within their grasp turns to ****. Are you familiar with the term, trust but verify? They've used up all the trust they deserve and then some long ago.

#52 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 June 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

I rack up a lot of points in those challenges though so, one of us is lying! Love to see those 50 screen shots. I would just love it. Post them here!

Lets start with this one, because I am not in the mood to censor all the 60 screenies, not 50 btw. You can see your own name with a match score of 13 and 34 damage, winning the match in 3:17 minutes although you said that light rushes are boring and you never made them. You even disconnected earlier so you could all ready up faster and do it again.

Posted Image

And you need to deal with the fact that I am neither butthurt nor sour, you are just not the good guys you are pretending to be.

Thread can be closed here.

#53 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostBSK, on 12 June 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Lets start with this one, because I am not in the mood to censor all the 60 screenies, not 50 btw. You can see your own name with a match score of 13 and 34 damage, winning the match in 3:17 minutes although you said that light rushes are boring and you never made them. You even disconnected earlier so you could all ready up faster and do it again.

Posted Image

And you need to deal with the fact that I am neither butthurt nor sour, you are just not the good guys you are pretending to be.

So one screenshot, with no indication that it was during any challenge, and was probably right before a ceasefire so we could cap a planet. Don't know what to tell you, doesn't prove anything. Good job.

OH and you misquoted me, nice reading comprehension! I never said I have never done them. I said I don't like doing them because it is not fun. But if that's what the drop commander says I will reluctantly do them. Not worth making a big stink about em unless we are doing them non stop for hours.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 12 June 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#54 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

Try again or archive this thread. You just got burned. Bye.

#55 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

View PostBSK, on 12 June 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Try again or archive this thread. You just got burned. Bye.

Considering you lost, I think you got burned? In that screenshot, AND last night (twice). Better luck next time.

ggclose

#56 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 June 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

To be honest, I hate light rushing, its boring. I'm glad they are giving defenders easy mode, because I don't want our drop callers to ever call for light rushes again. I don't like camping spawns either.

We're still doing light rushing... but not for rushing the base.

You know I'm gonna still call for it. :P

#57 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 12 June 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

ggclose

You just made it worse than you already did for Crockdaddy ..

#58 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 June 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

We're still doing light rushing... but not for rushing the base.

You know I'm gonna still call for it. :P

Yeah that's fair game and is actually fun because we are fighting mechs. SOME people will still call us bad guys though because they can't hit lights, and then tell us how we got burned because they lost. Its very confusing.

#59 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostBSK, on 12 June 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Posted Image

To be fair, if I was even present, it's probably during the days where the old system of overwhelm and launch early+often where that was probably more prevalent was probably an eventual standard.

Eventually the mechanics won't allow for that (like capping a base on Assault w/o turrets - the gens will be "limited firing radii"), but suffice it to say we're in it to crush you where you stand as the mechanics allow for (and I don't even mean spawn camping, I'm talking about a straight up fight).

It's a far cry from anything if you're already heading into a roflstomp/landslide loss when the last minutes of a match is to hunt down anyone and everyone that is even considering hiding in the last few moments.

Edited by Deathlike, 12 June 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#60 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostBSK, on 12 June 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

You just made it worse than you already did for Crockdaddy ..

How? Pointing out that all you have done is shown NS beating you doesn't counter anything he has said.

Sorry you have me perplexed, because at the end of the day you are calling us "bad guys" when all we are doing is playing the game. The only reason we are meanies is because you lost? I don't understand that.

This thread is about spawn camping. Which MOST of NS (myself included) does not want to partake in.

You came in to the thread to pee in our corn flakes because you have been light rushed MONTHS AGO and it bothered you and you wanted to come in here and tell everyone how mean NS is. I have been one of the most outspoked members of NS against light rushing. I am a team player so I have done it because that is what our commanders wanted, but I don't like it. Its not fun for anyone.

I don't like spawn camping either, but have done it because that is what the commanders wanted.

If you are going to say "You got burned because of this one screenshot that doesn't prove anything" and try to shut down the thread like you proved your point, then I am going to respond in kind (Like an *******).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users