#1 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

In CW Beta 2, Night's Scorn ]NS[ has generally taking the stance when fighting straight up pug matches to give pugs the ability to regroup and fight. We will try to avoid the dropships where practical and possible. NOTE: Sometimes it just works out for various reasons that drop ship camping will occur ... but we are going to continuously make the effort to not drop ship camp. I've been communicating this during all matches I am part of and pushing the idea to our various Officers.

So if you are a pug group and you see us we will try to just make it into a fun fight for both sides. Obviously there are always exceptions but I can only say we will make the effort. Last few mechs will always get camped of course to end the match in a timely manner. Pug stomping is a money maker but isn't fun for us and for you. So we will try to make it more competitive for all involved.

#2 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

You must be joking. During the Adder-event and others when you needed a match score of 80 to gain points for the challenge, you guys kept doing light rushes with your partystarters to end the match within less than 5 minutes. None of you got more than a score of 15 points and your double AMS was eating up my streaks with 71 being the highest score that I got. I repeatedly told you guys about the event, asked you to stop this and play in an honourful way so everybody can achieve points for the challenge. You laughed it off and kept doing it again and again, ruining the games for pugs and the community, giving you a very bad and infamous reputation. I can upload several videos if you "forgot" about that.

Hard to believe you guys have suddenly matured ..

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostBSK, on 07 June 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

You must be joking. During the Adder-event and others when you needed a match score of 80 to gain points for the challenge, you guys kept doing light rushes with your partystarters to end the match within less than 5 minutes. None of you got more than a score of 15 points and your double AMS was eating up my streaks with 71 being the highest score that I got. I repeatedly told you guys about the event, asked you to stop this and play in an honourful way so everybody can achieve points for the challenge. You laughed it off and kept doing it again and again, ruining the games for pugs and the community, giving you a very bad and infamous reputation. I can upload several videos if you "forgot" about that.

He said nothing about light rushes. Just that drop ship farming wasn't going to happen.

#4 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

How does one define "Farming" and BSK has an interesting point.

#5 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 07 June 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Pug stomping is a money maker but isn't fun for us and for you. So we will try to make it more competitive for all involved.

Nice of you guys to make some kind of effort in the meantime while PGI tries to figure out how to make CW fun for most PUGs.

Edited by Triordinant, 08 June 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#6 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

They are just preparing for the time when dropship farming won't be an option...nothing to see here.

#7 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

I still don't understand why this MOBA game mode even has dropship farming. Just let us choose our drop location on the drop select screen and problem solved.

#8 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostSagamore, on 08 June 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

I still don't understand why this MOBA game mode even has dropship farming. Just let us choose our drop location on the drop select screen and problem solved.

Like Section 8 did.

#9 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostBSK, on 07 June 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Wasn't the Adder event over a month ago? Like in Beta 1? Pretty sure back then the dots on the map mattered and Kurita was fighting for its life. Pretty sure no one had any mercy then.

Second, were you in a group? Group play is for the win. I simply stated we are trying (note said trying) to make it different for when we see pugs which is likely 70% of our matches. Only Davion fights showed up with groups consistently throughout most of CW ... and we stomped but they kept coming. They don't get enough credit for that and if the Davion competitive types would bother with CW things might have gone differently.

#10 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 08 June 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

They are just preparing for the time when dropship farming won't be an option...nothing to see here.

This is PGI ... drop ship farming is largely a function of map design. If you attack in most maps you at some point are going to farm a drop ship. I am guessing you don't in fact play CW or you might know that. In order to not farm you have to consciously pull back from objective(s) etc to avoid dropships. So when fighting pugs I have been pushing the unit to pull off the dropship. Hopefully to make it more fun for both groups. Largely the end result doesn't change much if at all other than matches might be 48 to 30 rather than 48 to 7.

*shrug* ... be bitter if it suites you.

Edited by Crockdaddy, 09 June 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#11 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 08 June 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

How does one define "Farming" and BSK has an interesting point.

Typically farming is generally defined by focus firing on the mechs dropping out of the drop ship. As most of us know, when attacking this is almost unavoidable.

Next, when on defense generally large groups (teams) to move the match along more quickly will punch through attacking pugs and push onto enemy drop ships. Coordinated groups can do this pretty easy. NS had and has done it often in the past to speed up a match (we wanted attack ticks not defend ticks). At this point with the map largely meaningless and CW post Tukayyid low CW population it isn't terribly productive.

Honestly I thought I would just toss it out there that if you see NS (and I or a few others are drop calling) we will try to keep out of the drop zones. I did say try.

I've pugged around 30 matches which isn't much but I know it sucks watching a pre-made roll up hard on you and farm the drop ships. So you can either believe I am making a cynical decision or just trying to make it a bit more fun for unorganized groups (and for us). Up to you.

#12 MadFJohn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

wood be nice to see a proper clan combat when theirs few opponents left and not this 12 on one shoot out.

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

All I can say is good on you for trying, NS.

Posted Image

#14 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 June 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

All I can say is good on you for trying, NS.

Posted Image

There is nothing bad i can say to someone trying to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

I have been scoffed both on the forums and in game by units who do this and even the Puggy tryhards who think we are giving them pity or something. Either way, im here to have fun and i can make sure others around me are having fun as well then thats even better!

Keep being you NS, i enjoy you guys the way you are!

#15 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:39 PM

OMG crock...did you just suggest that I didn't play CW? LOL...ok now the serious response to that ludicrous statement is to say that yes, I am well aware of the fact that a lot of the maps force the attacker to basically spawn camp if they push in at all. My statement is referring to the upcoming patch on the 16th that is going to shorten ERLL burn time, shorten the recharge time on ERLL, put aim bots on the drop ships so they aim only for CT;s and the drop ships will now hover 4 times longer over the drop zones to provide better cover. Once this happens, there will be very little opportunity to spawn camp and I was referring to you guys getting in ahead of the game and adapting to the new play style that will come about. Spawn camping as an attacker I think is pretty much expected due to the set up of the maps but for the defenders to spawn camp is what I think most people seem to get upset about. This will not really be possible or at least feasible after the 16th due to those mentioned changes. I think they also plan to move the current drop zones to areas that should be out of the main lines of attack so that you would have to make a conscious effort to spawn camp. Agree or disagree, that is what's looks like will happen and all I was doing was actually trying to compliment your team for getting a jump on how to handle the new tactics that will be coming out. But hey, what do I know, I don't play CW that much.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pat Kell, 10 June 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#16 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

Making the drop ships more OP and out of the way isn't going to stop 12 mans from camping. I have been in games where my unit is completely fresh (literally 90% or better) after team wiping pugs. Do you really think some dropships are going to stop a 12 man from getting more kills from a drop to end the game faster?

Crock and NS are doing this just as much for themselves as they are for the community. They want people to have some fun in CW, because they know if the pugs leave, they won't get games. I would rather not camp a drop ship and drag the game out an extra 10 minutes so I can queue up again than rofl stomp some pugs so i can queue for a ghost drop.

#17 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

Yes, I think that dropships that are decked out with quirked ERLL's and hovering 4 times longer is going to prevent 12 man teams from camping. Some will try and some will adapt and try to find other ways to end drop ship farming but the days of defenders coming out the gates and farming the attackers at their drop ships is over on the 16th. Not sure how this affects defenders drop ships or where the new drop zones will be but yea...after doing the math, dropships used to be able to fire roughly 3 times during their pass, with the new quirks and such, they will get to fire at least 6 times and more depending on how good the quirks are. they have 11 ERLL's or 66 ERLL's firing every pass minimum if you are in range. 12 atlases can't stand up to that. Sure you may be able to get some shots off but you are going to die quickly if you get in range.

I have no problem with NS or anyone else playing this way...I was simply pointing out that on the 16th, none of us will have a choice. Trying to rush the drop ships will result in very little out going damage and a whole ton of incoming damage. Don't believe me, rush the drop zones, want to see more clearly, go alone and take a picture as your mech takes 11 ERLL's to the CT every 3-4 seconds...and that's if only 1 drop ship comes into range.

#18 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

We are all talking about LL.
LL are put on the dropships of the attackers.
the dropships of the defenders are equipped with ML.

so, if PGI refers to dropship camping and LL buff then they change the mechanics of defenders pushing out and farming pugs without them having a chance to fight back.

on the attack, dropship farming would still be possible without penalty, and it happens a lot,... sulphurous spring anyone ?.

unless PGI decided to also change the ML from the defenders, in which case it would be very painfull for attackers to fight near omega as the will be shot to pieces on several CW maps.

#19 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 09 June 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

OMG crock...did you just suggest that I didn't play CW? LOL...ok now the serious response to that ludicrous statement is to say that yes, I am well aware of the fact that a lot of the maps force the attacker to basically spawn camp if they push in at all. My statement is referring to the upcoming patch on the 16th that is going to shorten ERLL burn time, shorten the recharge time on ERLL, put aim bots on the drop ships so they aim only for CT;s and the drop ships will now hover 4 times longer over the drop zones to provide better cover. Once this happens, there will be very little opportunity to spawn camp and I was referring to you guys getting in ahead of the game and adapting to the new play style that will come about. Spawn camping as an attacker I think is pretty much expected due to the set up of the maps but for the defenders to spawn camp is what I think most people seem to get upset about. This will not really be possible or at least feasible after the 16th due to those mentioned changes. I think they also plan to move the current drop zones to areas that should be out of the main lines of attack so that you would have to make a conscious effort to spawn camp. Agree or disagree, that is what's looks like will happen and all I was doing was actually trying to compliment your team for getting a jump on how to handle the new tactics that will be coming out. But hey, what do I know, I don't play CW that much.... :rolleyes:

Sorry Pat ... I forget forum writing needs *sarcasm* tags. I know very well you drop often. I was being an butt head on purpose.

#20 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:17 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 08 June 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Actually we started taking this stance prior to that announcement. One of our drop callers DGAFs though and does it anyway, so watch out for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users