Blacklist: Mwo Teamkiller All Stars With One More Member

40 replies to this topic

#21 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 09 June 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

You've just been lucky enough to experience a better 'class' of noobs I think.

I've seen a LOT of cases where our team would have done A LOT better had one of these morons been TK'd right from the start of the match...

It's a game. I play in pugs. I would gladly see more of it as I would know the player base is growing again. With Voip on several occasions I have asked the player to back out then explained why. They just need help. Killing them just doesn't quite spell out the issue. Only time I fire on another teammate is in self defense of myself or another teammate being fired on. Stupid doesn't deserve that.

I know the feeling after this weekend. I had a founder in a Yen-lo who was butt hugging me and then cut in on targets for the steal. So obvious another player said it in chat. Did I want to whack him? Oh you bet. What it that important to? Nah.

#22 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

Name and shame isn't allowed, remove the video link and remove any references to names, before the Mods get on you for it.

As to TKing, there's NEVER a valid reason to TK on purpose, pure and simple. It is very clearly against the rules in MWO, so you don't GET to justify why you did it, as there are no clauses in the rules that give you justification for TKing. Do it, you've broken the rules and need to be reported, end of story.

Sorry some of you don't like that, I don't like it, but it IS the rule, abide by it or stop playing.

#23 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 09 June 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I know the feeling after this weekend. I had a founder in a Yen-lo who was butt hugging me and then cut in on targets for the steal. So obvious another player said it in chat. Did I want to whack him? Oh you bet. What it that important to? Nah.
Right, but shadowing you to steal your kills is ONE thing, tail gating you, and forcing you to be in enemy fire longer than necessary is quite another thing, it is IN FACT, a TK by proxy.

#24 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

"Oops, my trigger finger slipped while my lasers were pointed right at your face. Perhaps, too, I was momentarily confused by your incredibly dumb play and could not tell which team you were actually playing for."

Or...

"I'm sorry. I assumed you were pushing so close into my back because you wanted to verify whether or not my shoulder actuators were functioning properly. I also just assumed you were curious as to whether or not my autocannons were functioning properly as well."

Edited by ScarecrowES, 09 June 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#25 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 June 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Name and shame - let me think about it.

Is it that what PGI is doing with hackers?

Yep! but PGI is not held to the rules they created for PLAYERS. They get to decide who is named and for what AFTER they have investigated. We are not allowed to, EVER.

#26 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 09 June 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

It's funny. The natural instinctual response for most beings on this planet, including humans, when faced with an individual generally being a pest, breaking the rules of good behavior, being a bad neighbor, etc is to turn around and exact immediate physical violence on them. For most of the mammalian groups, this is represented by a quick, sometimes painful, but largely harmless nip. If the offender doesn't learn from his nip, he gets a full-on bite he won't soon forget.

Nature has decided this is the best way for community members to learn proper behavior.

As such, if you shoot me in the back or trap me in enemy fire, I'll nip you. You keep doing it, I'll give you a bite to remember me by. It doesn't matter WHY you did what you did... you're gonna learn not to do it.

Alphaing somebody in the face for being sufficiently stupid is understandable. Being stupid in a way that puts people at risk tends to make those people angry and they might take that anger out on you. However, taking revenge is not justified. The actions one takes that satisfy a desire for revenge are almost never the same as the actions one takes to achieve the best possible outcome for a situation.

In this computer game as in life, the best response is to avoid the dope and move on or take some appropriate action that won't make matters worse for everyone. It hurts the team much more to kill the guy behind you than for you to just avoid that guy from now on.

Edited by Water Bear, 09 June 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#27 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostWater Bear, on 09 June 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Alphaing somebody in the face for being sufficiently stupid is understandable. Being stupid in a way that puts people at risk tends to make those people angry and they might take that anger out on you. However, taking revenge is not justified. The actions one takes that satisfy a desire for revenge are almost never the same as the actions one takes to achieve the best possible outcome for a situation.

In this computer game as in life, the best response is to avoid the dope and move on or take some appropriate action that won't make matters worse for everyone. It hurts the team much more to kill the guy behind you than for you to just avoid that guy from now on.
I disagree.

The guy behind you needs to have some form of consequence for his stupid play. Since the MM is in control (for the most part) of who we drop with, 'avoiding' that person isn't always feasible, especially when they've identified your 'mech as a "good chassis to hide behind".

These people play stupidly and should suffer consequences of that stupid play. If you survive and just move off, chances are this moron is going to just follow you and continue doing it, OR, move on to another team member and do the same to them.

HOWEVER, if he repeatedly gets shot in the face when he does something stupid, EVENTUALLY, they just might change how they are playing, OR, better yet, start avoiding you, which is practically the same thing.

#28 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

Some of you flying as clanners are nothing but surats.

Often times the ones crying the biggest foul about getting shot in the back are the ones who rush forward and hug enemies and cry afoul when they're the ones not being aware of their situation.

#29 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 09 June 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Some of you flying as clanners are nothing but surats.

Often times the ones crying the biggest foul about getting shot in the back are the ones who rush forward and hug enemies and cry afoul when they're the ones not being aware of their situation.
Too true, there was a challenge a little while back that almost resulted in my getting short ban from the game. Too often the idiots would dash out in front of my twin gauss, ERLL alpha, in a blatant attempt at stealing a kill.

These [surats] then had the gall to report me.

Fortunately I record most of my matches and keep any matches of particular note (4 or more kills, someone does something excessively stupid, I observe someone who may be hacking, bizarre bug, or getting stuck in the map, etc.).

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 09 June 2015 - 05:24 PM.
Language

#30 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 09 June 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

It's a game. I play in pugs. I would gladly see more of it as I would know the player base is growing again. With Voip on several occasions I have asked the player to back out then explained why. They just need help. Killing them just doesn't quite spell out the issue. Only time I fire on another teammate is in self defense of myself or another teammate being fired on. Stupid doesn't deserve that.

I had the same issue in a CW match and after getting a bit heated about it (this was this past weekend) I realized it was just a cover issue and I got out of a spot that just didn't fit two people. I've had things like this happen to me and have, unfortunately, done it to others. It can happen in the heat of battle and... just is.

Things happen in life people... unfortunate things. It's not a reason to go off trying to kill everyone especially if we do not the reasons for the actions. Perhaps people just don't know... and a lack of knowledge is not stupidity... it's an area where someone can learn and grow.

#31 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostMercules, on 09 June 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Stop breaking the rules. No Name and Shame. Report player through the E-mail addresses provided and move on.

This post STILL has a link to the Name and Shame Video as of my posting this.

#32 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 09 June 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

This post STILL has a link to the Name and Shame Video as of my posting this.

Thank you. I should have removed that from my quote to begin with. :)

#33 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

shooting a friendly mech for any reason (actually even when he shot you first) violates tos and should be reported

that crap 'he stood behind me' isn't a justification at all

#34 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

Never intentionally tk'd a team member. That is a bit harsh. And I wouldn't intentionally alpha them either. But stand behind me in a tactical situation where there is heavy fire and I will fire my weakest weapon group into someone. Usually MGs are the best attention getters.

And I challenge anyone to show me in the ToS where this is prohibited. Don't waste PGIs time by reporting things you wish are in the ToS but are not.

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 June 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Well, I think it was intentional, because someone blocked his view. He actually announced his intentiions quite clearly. A very minor reason to TK someone. My frustration is actually zero. I just asked my team how to proceed now because by chance I was testing a video recording software. I was told to contact support AND post on the forums. Thats it.

Name and shame - let me think about it.

Is it that what PGI is doing with hackers?

Nope, not the same.

Why?

Simple, those players had their ACCTS revoked, and so are no longer customers, and this not covered under name and shame.

View PostMercules, on 09 June 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Yep! but PGI is not held to the rules they created for PLAYERS. They get to decide who is named and for what AFTER they have investigated. We are not allowed to, EVER.

Actually they aren't breaking their own policy

#36 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

I have never tk'ed a friendly person on purpose. The closest was when hud was not showing a friendly as blue (nor red) and I wasted that Atlas... :( Wasn't till afterwards that I realised my mistake and apologised. Karma got me back a few games later with someone else seeing me as the enemy... It happens.

Now, if someone blocks me from cover when I have obviously been in that posiiton I don't kill them but sometimes I do accidentally shoot their leg followed by a message about don't block...

Cheers!
Eboli

#37 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 09 June 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

Second. The person who did the TK was totally in the right to do so.

LOL no

#38 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

Repeatedly standing behind and trapping a friendly mech so they can't escape enemy fire is just as bad as friendly fire itself.

It's stupid play, incredibly frustrating and I really wish we could report people for it.

#39 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 09 June 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I disagree.

The guy behind you needs to have some form of consequence for his stupid play. Since the MM is in control (for the most part) of who we drop with, 'avoiding' that person isn't always feasible, especially when they've identified your 'mech as a "good chassis to hide behind".

These people play stupidly and should suffer consequences of that stupid play. If you survive and just move off, chances are this moron is going to just follow you and continue doing it, OR, move on to another team member and do the same to them.

HOWEVER, if he repeatedly gets shot in the face when he does something stupid, EVENTUALLY, they just might change how they are playing, OR, better yet, start avoiding you, which is practically the same thing.

I am of two minds here. I see the point being made and I wouldn't really fault anyone for blasting someone who had been following them around all game after several warnings. However you can easily take this too far and can't always be sure that what's going is what you think, and I get the feeling that several people in this thread advocate doing just that (dropping an alpha to the face of anyone who gets behind them for any reason).

Let me use an analogy.

A good punch to the face is a great way to learn that you are being an ass. I myself learned that way in public school, many years ago. However, as an adult, if I deliver an elbow to the chin of any guy who's not threatening my body or life (or that of someone I care about), I expect a subpoena to follow my stay in the county jail.

Basically what I'm saying is that there are good reasons why we can't punch each other in the face now the way we could when we were 14 (even if maybe we deserve it some times). We find other, generally more constructive (or at least not as destructive) ways of dealing with difficult people as adults, and for good reason.

Many of the same reasons we can't rumble on the street apply to why we can't TK in this game.

Edited by Water Bear, 09 June 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#40 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

i feel for the guy, ive had ******** stand behind me many times. nothing pisses me off more than trying to fight and backing up to find u cant because the ****** behind u wont move,and if im going to die because of this idiot hes going with me. so i just turn and shoot till he moves or dies which ever comes first

Edited by badaa, 09 June 2015 - 04:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users