Blacklist: Mwo Teamkiller All Stars With One More Member

40 replies to this topic

#1 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

Happened one hour ago. Player has been reported, but watch yourself the video evidence.

Edited by Joey Tankblaster, 09 June 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#2 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:41 AM

A few things. First, it is a ToS violation to publicly shame other players. So you're looking at getting yourself punished, not him.

Second. The person who did the TK was totally in the right to do so. If you feel the need to shame anybody, shame the person whose actions necessitatedhe be removed forceably from the team. Now, since your video doesnt show the actual actions of the players involved, you're left just with the complaints of the player you're shaming... that a friendly player was repeated saddled up behind him despite warnings. Now, either that friendly player was firing into his back, or preventing from moving rearward. Do either one of those to me, and expect me to turn around and alpha you in the face. If you do either of those things while I'm taking a lot of incoming fire and i WILL send that alpha through your cockpit to get you out of my way.

As the guy you're trying to shame said... don't stand behind friendly mechs.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Name and shame is frowned upon non-hackers. Not saying I condone team-killing, but if he was standing behind the friendly mech, blocking his retreat, and continued to do so after being warned, I don't feel so bad for the "victim..."

#4 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 June 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Happened one hour ago. Player has been reported, but watch yourself the video evidence.

Stop breaking the rules. No Name and Shame. Report player through the E-mail addresses provided and move on.

EDIT: Removed link in quote to name and shame video.

Edited by Mercules, 09 June 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#5 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 June 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

[media][redacted]
While I understand your frustration about having someone on your team kill another person, I can also understand the TK's frustration and reaction as well.

You're sniping the enemy, popping in and out of cover to hit, then some ******, unbeknownst to you comes up directly behind you (f'ing moron that he is) and blocks your expected retreat. At this point all you know is that you're being blocked, the reasonable thing to assume is it's some enemy light behind you blocking your retreat and getting ready to shoot your ass. The safest course of action is to as quickly as possible turn around and shoot so that A: you don't get your ass shot off, B: You can move back under cover and away from the enemy guns, and C: So you can kill the little maggot.

Unfortunately, moronic teammates using you as an involuntary meat shield, repetitively will get killed occasionally, and honestly, I don't think it's all that "unfortunate" that they do.

People need to THINK that the 11 other people on the team aren't there just to provide you protection while you steal all the kills, play as a team, like you want yourself and the 11 other guys you're with to not only WIN the match, but SURVIVE it as well...

If you can't play like that, you deserve a shot in the cockpit, if you die, well, try and learn something will you?

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 09 June 2015 - 05:18 PM.
Name and shame in quote

#6 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

Anyone who removes a player from their own team for standing behind them in an imbecile.
Yes it's annoying, yes it's very frustrating, but to turn around an tk them when you THINK they are blocking you makes you an idiot. Full stop.
Most probably dont realise what they are doing, some are probably just bad at the game and can't move their mechs well - or maybe they thought you were simply going to keep moving....

Just yesterday I had a guy unload about 15 salvo's from an oxide into my meh, bringing me to 42% from fresh. I screamed at him, did I kill him? No, and the team won - if I had killed him the chaos that ensued would probably have lost us the match.

View PostDimento Graven, on 09 June 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

snip

Funny guy, what about when people just TK for no ******* reason whatsoever then, Dimento?

#7 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostAxeface, on 09 June 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Anyone who removes a player from their own team for standing behind them in an imbecile.
Yes it's annoying, yes it's very frustrating, but to turn around an tk them when you THINK they are blocking you makes you an idiot. Full stop.
Most probably dont realise what they are doing, some are probably just bad at the game and can't move their mechs well - or maybe they thought you were simply going to keep moving....

Just yesterday I had a guy unload about 15 salvo's from an oxide into my meh, bringing me to 42% from fresh. I screamed at him, did I kill him? No, and the team won - if I had killed him the chaos that ensued would probably have lost us the match.

Funny guy, what about when people just TK for no ******* reason whatsoever then, Dimento?

Did you watch the video? The guy who TKed actually typed in chat for the other guy not to stand behind him, and continued to do it anyway after 2 warnings. You do something once, ok, maybe a mistake. You keep doing it after being told not to? C'Mon. That's a faceful of friendly alpha all day. Besides, how long do you have to be playing to know that trapping a friendly player out of cover and under enemy fire is a bad thing to do? That's like... a day-one no-no.

View PostStevenEssex, on 09 June 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

[redacted]

Are you sure you weren't just repeatedly stepping into this guy's firing line? Cuz that's what it sounds like.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 09 June 2015 - 05:19 PM.
Name and shame in quote

#8 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

watch the video kid - you'll see a chat where the killed players was asked Not to stay behind a friendly mech. As others have mentioned before - blocking a friendly mech in a critical situation isn't any better than a friendly fire. In the worst case the blocked mech gets shot to pieces (yes that actually did happen to me many times).

Also: if a player was asked to stop that and still did not stop blocking his teammate - there is no reason to complain anymore.

#9 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Obviously you missed the point I made in my example, I will elaborate a bit, because it might not be very apparent without investing some thought towards it.

Again, in my scenario you're popping in and out of cover sniping at an enemy, y'know the dance, move forward, fire, move backwards, recharge/reload, move forward, fire, etc.

You're focusing on the enemies in front of you, not paying attention, much, to what's going on the 180+ degrees outside your frontal view, and suddenly you move forward, fire, and suddenly can't move backwards.

Uh oh, someone's blocking you, could be an enemy light about to shoot your ass full of holes and/or deliberately keeping you in the enemy line of fire. First reasonable reaction: Turn around and shoot at whatever is behind you to get it [redacted] out of your way, and to keep your very weakly armored ass from getting filled full of holes.

NOW, occasionally it's a friendly that very stupidly decided to come in directly behind you, maybe to use you as a meat shield, maybe because he's just [a surat], and OCCASSIONALLY that friendly actually DIES when you shoot him in the face.

This is NOT an intentional TK. It's an unfortunate and accidental, and, YES, justifiable TK.

The person coming in directly behind you could see an enemy pop up on the other side of you, and you being unfortunate enough to have this ****** come up directly behind you, gets shot in the back and killed by the afore mentioned moron as he's trying to shoot at the enemy on the other side of you.

That is just as unfortunate and accidental a TK, but it is NOT justifiable.

The thing that's the same in both of those scenarios is that the same guy is playing stupidly, using the 11 other people unlucky enough to have dropped with him as his meat shields just so that he can some how 'rambozo' his way to a 'solo' win...

Those people do need to die a lot in game so that MAYBE it will get through to them to play differently.

If they didn't realize what they were doing, they need to learn. If they "thought" you'd keep moving, why the hell do they need to be "directly" behind you? Why can't they be off to the side so that the whole issue won't come up?

These people are absolutely BAD drivers in real life, they have to be. I can't NOT think of 'tailgating' as a VERY bad idea in this game, just because I know that there's a chance that the person in front of me MIGHT suddenly stop, much less NEED to suddenly back up. It's ingrained into me after DECADES of driving that I should leave enough room that I can respond reasonably in such situations so that I don't end up being the cause of making a problematic situation WORSE.

And the situation? You mention the effect, but you fail to fill in the details of the cause that led up to it.

That would depend, 'no ******* reason', is in the eye of the beholder. I once saw an entire drop of public group players turn and TK a person with a racially offensive name.

I'm sure from his perspective, it was 'no ******* reason' but for the 11 other people, they had good cause.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 09 June 2015 - 05:21 PM.
Language

#10 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 09 June 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

And the situation? You mention the effect, but you fail to fill in the details of the cause that led up to it.

The team moved forward, started to engage the enemy - I was ahead of the rest of the team somewhat surrounded (although not under fire, hidden), the oxide B lines at me from the rest of the team and starts unloading. I assumed that he thought I was an enemy. I capslocked at him (quite rudely which I regretted right away, wouldnt be surprised if I get an email from pgi soon) and he stopped shortly after - and my mech was almost completely wrecked.

To the others. Yes I watched the video, yes I saw the guy say "don't stand behind... etc".
Maybe the guy wasnt reading chat? Concentrating on a dorito? There are so many explanations (most stupidity or lack of situational awareness), in which case I dont think he should get tk'ed.

Edited by Axeface, 09 June 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#11 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostAxeface, on 09 June 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

The team moved forward, started to engage the enemy - I was ahead of the rest of the team somewhat surrounded (although not under fire, hidden), the oxide B lines at me from the rest of the team and starts unloading. I assumed that he thought I was an enemy. I capslocked at him (quite rudely which I regretted right away, wouldnt be surprised if I get an email from pgi soon) and he stopped shortly after - and my mech was almost completely wrecked.
I would count that person as an unobservant moron, and I seriously doubt any backlash from your reasonably irate and caustic response to his 'friendly' fire will occur.

The situation as described seems to indicate someone wasn't paying attention and/or is so color blind that they're more of a hazard than an asset to a team (being color blind myself, I wish to F, that PGI would allow user configurable HUD colors, just for this reason) and maybe need to play a LOT more conservatively.

#12 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostAxeface, on 09 June 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

To the others. Yes I watched the video, yes I saw the guy say "don't stand behind... etc".
Maybe the guy wasnt reading chat? Concentrating on a dorito? There are so many explanations (most stupidity or lack of situational awareness), in which case I dont think he should get tk'ed.
Yeah and there are some peoples' kids who can be told, "Don't touch the stove, it's hot", yet for whatever defect they were born with INSIST on touching that damn stove.

At some point you've either got to let the kid get burned, or, start 'applying a wooden spoon to their wrist' to get the point across.

#13 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

I am pretty used to some dillhole climbing up my butt being an old Atlas driver so I don't turn around an alpha them. I just give them the space as soon as I can clear. If they are real dillholes maybe I will make a point to park behind them for a while so they can soak enemy fire while I stop to explain in chat.

That's as far as one should take it. TKs are not the way noob or not. Actually any TKs are just a noob move past direct self defense.

Noobs think they have a right to TK another.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostBlack Arachne, on 09 June 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Best way to deal with these players is to not turn the other cheek and core them right back.

Best way, actually, is to report TKers to moderation@mwomercs.com and move on.

#15 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

Well, I think it was intentional, because someone blocked his view. He actually announced his intentiions quite clearly. A very minor reason to TK someone. My frustration is actually zero. I just asked my team how to proceed now because by chance I was testing a video recording software. I was told to contact support AND post on the forums. Thats it.

Name and shame - let me think about it.

Is it that what PGI is doing with hackers?

#16 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

It's funny. The natural instinctual response for most beings on this planet, including humans, when faced with an individual generally being a pest, breaking the rules of good behavior, being a bad neighbor, etc is to turn around and exact immediate physical violence on them. For most of the mammalian groups, this is represented by a quick, sometimes painful, but largely harmless nip. If the offender doesn't learn from his nip, he gets a full-on bite he won't soon forget.

Nature has decided this is the best way for community members to learn proper behavior.

As such, if you shoot me in the back or trap me in enemy fire, I'll nip you. You keep doing it, I'll give you a bite to remember me by. It doesn't matter WHY you did what you did... you're gonna learn not to do it.

#17 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 09 June 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

That's as far as one should take it. TKs are not the way noob or not. Actually any TKs are just a noob move past direct self defense.

Noobs think they have a right to TK another.
You've just been lucky enough to experience a better 'class' of noobs I think.

I've seen a LOT of cases where our team would have done A LOT better had one of these morons been TK'd right from the start of the match...

#18 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostBlack Arachne, on 09 June 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Best way to deal with these players is to not turn the other cheek and core them right back.

See my Noob post above. :)

#19 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 June 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Well, I think it was intentional, because someone blocked his view. He actually announced his intentiions quite clearly. A very minor reason to TK someone. My frustration is actually zero. I just asked my team how to proceed now because by chance I was testing a video recording software. I was told to contact support AND post on the forums. Thats it.

You need to watch your own video, bud. The person you're shaming clearly said the offending player was behind him. Also, your teammates, at least in that chat instance, seemed to be in agreement with the TK'er against the offending player.

#20 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 June 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Uh...

PGI gets to set policy.

You have to abide by policy.

TK =/= haxing. Sorry dude, TKs happen, either by accident, by stupidity, or by trolling.

Get over it and move on. Its the best revenge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users