Lfg And Cw Events

4 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

Alright, after being in several CW events today, I have noticed that the majority of the time they are pug teams and always against 12 man teams so, as you know, we get slaughtered fast every time, so I got to ask myself after the last drop on Wazan, why is it that no one in Liao ever coordinates CW matches with the LFG? There are two options for LFG - the first being solo matches and the second, obviously setting up teams for CW, so then why does no one ever use that option, especially when I see many Liao players on at one time and complaining every which way about how much of a massacre their CW matches have been?
It does take only a few seconds to click on the button and create a group/check for other teams, so the only thing I can think of is that people are just too lazy to be bothered setting up CW groups in contrast to setting up solo group drops. Would it not make House Liao and our border that much stronger if we all took the time to create/look for CW groups (even with friends from other houses not currently attacking one of our planets) instead of opting to go pug one out and then complaining about the unfairness of it when your team gets slaughtered less than 15 minutes into the match?

#2 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

Only thing I can think of to try is more faction chat. I know you and others are trying but we have to stick with it and keep talking even in the face of silence.

We have to keep repeating ourselves since anyone who logs in will only see messages since they logged in. And if they log out they lose any history. Also many people will just spend a few minutes trying to find CW action then start dropping pub queue. So they might not be responding but when they finish that match might have a chance to catch up on messages.

With our low # of players every one counts when trying to get any coordination going.

#3 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostRahul Roy, on 10 June 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Only thing I can think of to try is more faction chat. I know you and others are trying but we have to stick with it and keep talking even in the face of silence.

We have to keep repeating ourselves since anyone who logs in will only see messages since they logged in. And if they log out they lose any history. Also many people will just spend a few minutes trying to find CW action then start dropping pub queue. So they might not be responding but when they finish that match might have a chance to catch up on messages.

With our low # of players every one counts when trying to get any coordination going.

Aye, that is true enough about having to constantly re-post messages for any people who log in, but then c/p comes in handy for that (if not being a little annoying to have to always post), though I normally check faction chat as often as I can between pug solo drops, just thought it would be something for people to keep in mind, sine there is only a small percentage of players that do bother to check when they browse the CW events currently going on before joining one or going off on their own pug drop. Probably would be good to have everyone in Liao try and drum it into their heads to check faction chat every so often when they are online for any missed messages or just post something of their own when they log in to let any other Liaoists know there are others also online and ready to pitch in if asked.

Unfortunately the low number of Liao players seems to be reflecting the small territory of the Capellan Confederation as a whole :-(

#4 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

It's HLGK policy now to spam the faction chat during CW operations.

Check our Operations timelines here.

Also, you should probably join a unit.

#5 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 09 June 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

Alright, after being in several CW events today, I have noticed that the majority of the time they are pug teams and always against 12 man teams so, as you know, we get slaughtered fast every time, so I got to ask myself after the last drop on Wazan, why is it that no one in Liao ever coordinates CW matches with the LFG? There are two options for LFG - the first being solo matches and the second, obviously setting up teams for CW, so then why does no one ever use that option, especially when I see many Liao players on at one time and complaining every which way about how much of a massacre their CW matches have been?
It does take only a few seconds to click on the button and create a group/check for other teams, so the only thing I can think of is that people are just too lazy to be bothered setting up CW groups in contrast to setting up solo group drops. Would it not make House Liao and our border that much stronger if we all took the time to create/look for CW groups (even with friends from other houses not currently attacking one of our planets) instead of opting to go pug one out and then complaining about the unfairness of it when your team gets slaughtered less than 15 minutes into the match?

Keep doing what you can to draw the community together. We had the same issue in the FRR at the launch of CW. Now, even with mixed units the DC is likely to do a coms check to make sure everyone is at least in channel so they can hear orders. We'll use in-game VoIP as well, but it sucks ass, so we generally try to group up at the hub.

But yeah, keep working on it. See if you can draw some of the larger units in as well. Most of our hardest units in the FRR still frequently use the hub to supplement numbers and coordinate on planetary assaults.

It's definitely worth the work after you get to a point where you can check your hub any day of the week and see, at the minimum, two full 12 man groups.

After you get the community together, it's also good to use cross-unit training to make sure any one, from any unit, knows what the best tactics and builds are to bring. Good luck out there!

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 11 June 2015 - 01:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users