I Spent $1000 On Star Citizen And Didn't Even Get A Game!

333 replies to this topic

#21 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Creovex?

Shut up.

You had your thread calling people who didn't fall down and worship at Piranha's feet dirty names over this issue. I am perfectly within my rights to feel significantly underwhelmed by one piece of pixel art a single artist could kick out in twenty minutes being thrown at me as some really supah-awesome Special Bonus(!!) for spending a rampaging butt-ton of money on Clan 'Mechs I should not have spent a rampaging butt-ton of money on.

Am I making a big stink about it? I recall making precisely one post in the announcement thread stating that while I appreciate the thought, the forum badge was unfortunately something that struck me as an afterthought and not the sort of thing to be tremendously grateful for, especially after the Mad Dog deal for the previous pack stack, and then jokingly made reference to how giving folks a free Viper would be awesome.

Settle. Your. Jimmies. Y'hear?

#22 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 11 June 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

I have $75 invested in Elite Dangerous and am happy with it. You can keep SC.

Yep. Just paid the puchases price of that game and called it good. Fun game, and they just released a CW of sorts.

#23 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostDr Hobo, on 11 June 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

I have plenty of ships. Most with LTI.

But anyways. That's a different game that won't be out for ages. And I'm OK with that.

I have MWO to hold me over and Eve Online,or other games like Killing Floor 2.

You bought a capital ship didnt you? Lol.

I have my Freelancer, the good ship Planet Express Ship. :P

#24 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

Two words: Operation Pitchfork.

*mic drop*

#25 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 June 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

That game may turn out ok or even great but it makes a great point. This forum is being trolled about players asking for what they initially bought into and the trolls say thats greedy.(although not knowing english they are using another word)

Really mate? I clarified and proved the correct usage of my word in the original post. Now you're over in this thread, calling me out for the same thing? All while missing the correct use of a comma in your first sentence??
Correcting someones spelling or grammar, while using incorrect spelling and grammar in your own posts, makes you look rather like an ignoramus.
(Yes, ignoramus is the word i meant to use)

Cheers! :)

#26 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostRhazien, on 11 June 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Really mate? I clarified and proved the correct usage of my word in the original post. Now you're over in this thread, calling me out for the same thing? All while missing the correct use of a comma in your first sentence??
Correcting someones spelling or grammar, while using incorrect spelling and grammar in your own posts, makes you look rather like an ignoramus.
(Yes, ignoramus is the word i meant to use)

Cheers! :)

You couldnt make any less sense. Your chasing me around for starters. Also that word is being thrown around these forums alot with an altered meaning. Take your spin doctoring, english twisting BS somewhere else and quit trolling me. Thanks. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 June 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#27 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

Star citizen is an absurdly expansive title. It's not even close to done yet. *If* it ever gets finished (likely late 2017 I'd bet) than you'll certainly get your 1000$ worth.

But if it doesn't get finished since it's such an ambitious title...

Well, perhaps preording isn't a good idea? Just a thought?
I swear to god it amazes me that people will throw money (especially that much) at a completely unfinished project, then complain.

#28 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 11 June 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Star citizen is an absurdly expansive title. It's not even close to done yet. *If* it ever gets finished (likely late 2017 I'd bet) than you'll certainly get your 1000$ worth.

But if it doesn't get finished since it's such an ambitious title...

Well, perhaps preording isn't a good idea? Just a thought?
I swear to god it amazes me that people will throw money (especially that much) at a completely unfinished project, then complain.

They got every right to complain and then some. Is it justified is the question. Your complaint about their complaint is justified? :)

#29 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostCreovex, on 11 June 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Need I continue?

I guess you should have backed Transverse instead!

Sorry, just joking. After all... IAMHUMAN!

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 11 June 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#30 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostCreovex, on 11 June 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Need I continue?

Considering all you had to spend in order to back a crowdfunded game was $15 at the beginning and get a full copy of the game on release... I guess I would say you made some poor decisions.

I spent over $1k on MWO and several hundred was just on paint and camo. Not exactly value for money, but I did it to support the game.

I spent way more on SC because I believe in the project, if I didn't, I wouldn't and I only backed what I could lose without being upset.

Edited by Jetfire, 11 June 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#31 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 June 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

You couldnt make any less sense. Your chasing me around for starters. Also that word is being thrown around these forums alot with an altered meaning. Take your spin doctoring, english twisting BS somewhere else and quit trolling me. Thanks. :)

No problem, I will indeed take my correct usage of the English language and ignore your grammar. Apparently your grasp of the words "chasing me around" also is in doubt, however.
I do in fact make sense, I will leave direct links for your perusal so there can be no mistake.

Original post

Reference post

Edited by Rhazien, 11 June 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#32 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

Been playing Elite Dangerous and having a blast, easier to get a 4 man Attack Wing together and hunt down NPC Bounties and REAL players alike. It's a scream to hear a real person on ship to ship comms scream at you and beg for mercy when you have them down to 45% Hull.

YES you get to communicate LIVE with your ENEMY when you engage a target.
It's more then satisfying, it's a deliciously sinful and Depraved pleasure.
Drop your Cargo and I "MIGHT" let you live... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...!!!!!

$60.00 bucks and so far i'm very happy with my purchase.
EDIT: Bingo HOW fun..!!!

Edited by Odins Fist, 11 June 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#33 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

I don't think I'd brag about pitching away $1,000 for something that's not even finished yet...

#34 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

It's been so long since I backed SC that I don't even remember exactly what I'm supposed to be getting anymore and I can't be bothered to log on and find out what progress they have or haven't made. I'm still patiently awaiting my single player campaign though.

#35 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostRhazien, on 11 June 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

No problem, I will indeed take my correct usage of the English language and ignore your grammar. Apparently your grasp of the words "chasing me around" also is in doubt, however.
I do in fact make sense, I will leave direct links for your perusal so there can be no mistake.

Original post

Reference post

Find this reply and the topic in which it was given in next months issue of "Proffessional Trolls Monthly". Where Pro trolls trade tips on how to twist, take part of quotes, add multiple links and spin regular forum goer replies into utter none sense. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 June 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#36 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

I have spent $250 or so on SC and purchased a constellation. I have spend many hours inside my captain chair organizing my MWO lance practice and other Seraphim meetings or talking to work clients on the phone. I have enjoyed watching the bugs of my ship get worked out and the neat changes as they happen. I have my own hanger that I can walk around in and look at my other ships. I have my own firing range to test different weapons and that is cool stuff.

My dream would be to carry my lance in my Constellation and drop them at a remote mining out post to protect it from pirates "clanners" or tie up to a salvage ship and swap parts to make custom mech upgrades. The possibilities are endless and I just do not see MWO getting much deeper than it is. The opportunity to add interesting contend has been missed by so far and for this I am sad.

#37 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 June 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

Find this reply and the topic in which it was given in next months issue of "Proffesional Trolls Monthly". Where Pro trolls trade tips on how to twist, take part of quotes, add multiple links and spin regular forum goer replies into utter none sense. :)

*professional
*nonsense

I'd love to be featured! Where can I buy a copy? ;) :lol:

#38 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostRhazien, on 11 June 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

*professional
*nonsense

I'd love to be featured! Where can I buy a copy? ;) :lol:

Ok I apologize if I was rude, I thought you were a guy. :)

#39 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 June 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ok I apologize if I was rude, I thought you were a guy. :)

Lmao. Nonsensical sexism FTW. Well done. :(

#40 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

And this......
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users