I Spent $1000 On Star Citizen And Didn't Even Get A Game!

333 replies to this topic

#41 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 11 June 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

I suspect SC will be the next MWT

I would possibly literally die laughing if that occurred.

#42 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 605 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

Wait, so what I am reading is that I have missed out on the next greatest thing ever ™ to waste my money on?!

#43 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

I think im at about 1k in Star CItizen...and a nice fleet
Not sure how much I have invested in MWO...but It would have been significantly more if the game was BT instead of this ****

#44 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostArchAngelWC, on 11 June 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

I think im at about 1k in Star CItizen...and a nice fleet
Not sure how much I have invested in MWO...but It would have been significantly more if the game was BT instead of this ****

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

#45 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 11 June 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Star Citizen's business model, if they even have such a thing, is just loopy. It seems like they're trying to bankroll themselves on a handful of big ticket digital sales instead of appealing to a much wider customer base with much more sanely priced digital items.

you can get the game (single player campaign and multiplayer) for 40 bucks...

you know what 40 bucks gets you in MWO?

not much.

#46 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 11 June 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

There's a game now?

#47 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 11 June 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

There's a game now?

No there isnt, but dont smash their delusion because they may freak out. Its my understanding they bang on the walls of their hangars in morse code to communicate with each other. The most common message is "isnt this game great, lets go troll Mechwarrior forums now."

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 June 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#48 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 11 June 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

There's a game now?

when it gets done... which i think is more likely than PGI ever making this mess into something respectful.

#49 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 June 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ok I apologize if I was rude, I thought you were a guy. :)

wat

#50 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 11 June 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

No there isnt, but dont smash their delusion because they may freak out. Its my understanding they bang on the walls of their hangars in morse code to communicate with each other. The most common message is "isnt this game great, lets go troll Mechwarrior forums now."

you do realise that most people understand that game development takes time right? I am fully aware that it will take time, (a lot) but its a very interesting prospect, and I look forward to it with much more anticipation than the next CoD or another PGI mechpack.

both of which are more expensive than star citizen.

Edited by The Mechromancer, 11 June 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#51 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 June 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

it's pretty damned impressive. I won't get into detail, but suffice it to say... they have working cockpit monitors ;)

Got a chuckle out of me. When's MWO going to do something with all those monitors anyway?

Edited by CancersCincar, 11 June 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#52 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostCancersCincar, on 11 June 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

Got a chuckle out of me. When's MWO going to do something with all those monitors anyway?

just like FF armor, and flamers, it is supposed to be useless. they have been for years.

Edited by The Mechromancer, 11 June 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#53 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Oh, I have no doubt there will be many who will be disappointed. It's pretty much inevitable when you have one million players with a million different sets of expectations. Now, they've already failed to deliver what they promised many times, by pushing back release dates, tweaking the rules for LTI, etc.

But even if you disregard what Star Citizen has promised to be (which is just... mind boggling, so ambitious that I don't think many sane people expect them to deliver all they've promised) and just focus on what Star Citizen has delivered already... it's pretty damned impressive. I won't get into detail, but suffice it to say... they have working cockpit monitors ;)

I have a brand new Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog that just arrived two days ago. Is Star Citizen worth playing with it today?

Edited by Mystere, 11 June 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#54 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

SC was insane...15K for t he top package....why? and it sold out? omg...that is the most baffling to me about SC.

#55 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

View Post1453 R, on 11 June 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Creovex?

Shut up.

You had your thread calling people who didn't fall down and worship at Piranha's feet dirty names over this issue. I am perfectly within my rights to feel significantly underwhelmed by one piece of pixel art a single artist could kick out in twenty minutes being thrown at me as some really supah-awesome Special Bonus(!!) for spending a rampaging butt-ton of money on Clan 'Mechs I should not have spent a rampaging butt-ton of money on.

Am I making a big stink about it? I recall making precisely one post in the announcement thread stating that while I appreciate the thought, the forum badge was unfortunately something that struck me as an afterthought and not the sort of thing to be tremendously grateful for, especially after the Mad Dog deal for the previous pack stack, and then jokingly made reference to how giving folks a free Viper would be awesome.

Settle. Your. Jimmies. Y'hear?

Sorry, I guess by calling some people entitled they felt offended... I would apologize if I wasn't a Libertarian... so suck it up and get off the entitlement kick.

#56 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

Oh, I have no doubt there will be many who will be disappointed. It's pretty much inevitable when you have one million players with a million different sets of expectations. Now, they've already failed to deliver what they promised many times, by pushing back release dates, tweaking the rules for LTI, etc.

But even if you disregard what Star Citizen has promised to be (which is just... mind boggling, so ambitious that I don't think many sane people expect them to deliver all they've promised) and just focus on what Star Citizen has delivered already... it's pretty damned impressive. I won't get into detail, but suffice it to say... they have working cockpit monitors ;)

My secret to being happy with Star Citizen backing:

Back for $60 long ago.

Ignore game, except poking in every few months.

Show up recently and fly around in the combat module, drooling over thruster physics and ability to actually fly the ship with just mouse and keyboard. Then get shot down by AI.

View PostMystere, on 11 June 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

I have a brand new Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog that just arrived two days ago. Is Star Citizen worth playing with it today?

Yes.

[edit] It's worth playing mouse+keyboard, haven't tried my joystick with it yet, I think I need more buttons.

Edited by One Medic Army, 11 June 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#57 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

i spent $30 on star citizen and i have a game and i play it regularly
i have no idea what the OP is on about
its not finished but its still a game and i can still play it

#58 Ph30nix

• 2,442 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostCreovex, on 11 June 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Need I continue?

you do realize the game is still under development right? your $1000 was actually a donation to help fund the games development. You just happen to get the game for free when it comes out along with whatever ship was offered for the donation.
you do get access to a few of the current game modes though,

#59 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 11 June 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

you do realize the game is still under development right? your $1000 was actually a donation to help fund the games development. You just happen to get the game for free when it comes out along with whatever ship was offered for the donation.
you do get access to a few of the current game modes though,

Oh I know, just another game that will be always indevelopment.... kinda the new M.O. for online games...

#60 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 11 June 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

you know what 40 bucks gets you in MWO?

not much.

That's what I'm doing, just gonna wait. No reason to pour money into a game I may not even like. I'm looking forward to it because of piracy, but their stance on piracy has changed a few times and as far as we know it'll be hello kitty online in space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users