18 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:50 AM

Well, it's official. Jurassic World is now in theaters.

#2 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

So far its doing amazingly well in the office --- second largest domestic debut ever (record held by the Avengers movie) but it scored the biggest global debut of all time.

Sounds like another sequel to me.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 June 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

It has none of the original cast,

Actually there is one cast member who was in the first film as well (he even played the same character).
https://en.wikipedia...wiki/B._D._Wong

Apart from that yes... never go into any Jurasic Park films expecting a logical or complicated story... Treat them like any Transformers or (most) Superhero films... Switch your brains to powersaving mode before the film starts and enjoy the ride.

#4 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

I liked the Triumph Scrambler... the rest... not so much.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 June 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

isn't based off one of the novels,

I had read "The Lost World" sequel to Jurassic Park long before seeing the second Jurassic Park film named "The Lost World", the film was not based on the book that time ether, they took the title, some of the characters and the back page summery and made the film based on that, there was 1 scene in the film which bore a slight resemblance to a scene from the book (the trailers going off a cliff) but really that film and book had little to do with each other.

so not basing the film on a book is nothing new for Jurassic Park.

I saw the film and enjoyed it, but it you are looking for logic and scientific accuracy do not look at a Jurassic Park film

#6 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

So far the movie looks like a winner. Now before someone jumps on the band wagon, movies such as Jurassic World are that of fantasy, and are made to entertain. So all I can say is enjoy it for what it is, a well done dinosaur movie, where the popcorn is not the only thing being eaten and wear an ear plug if your "movie going partner" likes to scream. (Just make sure that the ear plug is in the same ear as the side they are seated at).

#7 Gayang3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

Watched it over the weekend in 3D (because dinosaurs are always better in 3D?).

It was..... ok.......

Lots of fun parts, some boring drab scenes, no real story or script (who is the bad guy again, Indominus ? the mad scientist? the army guy? the billionaire? ) and the biggest anti-climax in a big budget movie in a long time.

#8 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 15 June 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

I had read "The Lost World" sequel to Jurassic Park long before seeing the second Jurassic Park film named "The Lost World", the film was not based on the book that time ether, they took the title, some of the characters and the back page summery and made the film based on that, there was 1 scene in the film which bore a slight resemblance to a scene from the book (the trailers going off a cliff) but really that film and book had little to do with each other.

so not basing the film on a book is nothing new for Jurassic Park.

I saw the film and enjoyed it, but it you are looking for logic and scientific accuracy do not look at a Jurassic Park film

Scifi movies are invented to infuriate the scientists.

#9 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

Its silly how scientists nitpick Jurassic Park and whine about the mosquito being male gendered due to female mosquitos being the only ones that bite. And cry about DNA being destroyed rather than preserved in amber.

The point of the movie is to illustrate how amazing the potential of science is that a means of resurrecting dinosaurs might someday be possible. Its to encourage people to imagine new possibilities and be optimistic about the future.

The fact that scientists don't seem to get this fact makes me question their supposed intelligence.

#10 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

So if they were to bring something back from the past, and you had a say in it, what would it be?

#11 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

Spliced DNA... That explains why the dinos in JP dont have feathers, why the raptors are more in size with deinonychus and the other raptor like relatives. The velociraptors were much smaller (but bigger than compsognatus, the little reptiles) and had alot of feathers.

#12 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

Watched the movie few days ago. I liked it.

There are some problems in the story, but if it bothered me any, it's probably because of my aging.

#13 SCUD303

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

Watched it in 3D yesterday. My two boys enjoyed it tremendously. Special effects were good. I thought some scenes were exciting. Must admit I liked the original Jurassic Park more interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users